Prologue
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘Are we ready?’ ‘Yes sir.’ ‘Start it up.’

The engines roared into a life, the sparks of the energies flew threw the hard glass tubes and into the thick copper needles piercing the skin of the tied subjects. The colors of blue, purple, green, orange, red and silver. The subjects screams of utter pain was only slightly muffled by their full faced masks, the bodies shaking uncontrollably. ‘Stress levels rising at a threatening level.’

‘Adrenalin at dangerous levels.’

‘Sir, if we keep pushing they wont survive.’ he commander didn’t answer, he just stood there watching. The machines then suddenly shut down as their bodies stopped moving, the fingers that gripped the seats hung unmoving. ‘Dead, test run failed.’

He sighted in part frustration, part tiredness. How many attempts did they need to do before they got the formula right? ‘Clean this up.’ he ordered before walking out, back to his office. The flatscreen switched on by itself as he sat down on his red leather seat. ‘Progress?’ he altered voice asked trough the empty shape of the person showing. ‘No, still same as ever.’

‘We’re sinking hundreds of millions into this experiments commander, I picked you as you seemed the perfect candidate for this job. Perhaps I was wrong?’

‘This has never been done before! We’re working with something not of this world!’

‘I don’t care, we have the perfect opportunity to create weapons greater then the atom bomb! We can’t afford to stop now!’

‘And I never said we would! But its gonna take a long time to get it right..’ ‘Then get it done! Or I’ll find someone who will..’ the screen switched off leaving the commander in the wooden office, surrounded by classic paintings and bookshelves and a lot of worries. His life depended on this mission...what a fool he was to agree to this..

 

0