The basis of ANY other story I may ever write
44 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Well, how do I start this? I am sure that, whoever you are, reading this, you know about the Idea of Reincarnation, Dreams that are much to real, Deja vu´s, parallel World Theory and the like. Now here comes a Theory of mine concerning ALL those. The start of it was actually quite silly. You know the saying of “The eyes are a mirror/window of the soul”? Yeah, so, you ever looked at your own eyes really close? I for one did after hearing that saying. The Mindfuck started from there. See, from what I got, there are a lot of people who have different eye colours but what got my attention was, my own iris had kind of... a pattern. Kind of reminded me of a broken mirror or Mosaic. Not that I dislike that, actually the opposite. It´s one of the reasons I really like my Eyes but that´s besides the point. Said point being what the pattern reminded me of and the Saying that lead to me taking a good look at my eyes. See, if the saying is right and the first thought I had looking at my Eyes is of something broken or pieced together, what does that say about my soul? And that´s only the start of it. To explain, that saying, I first heard it when I was... what? Maybe 10? maybe even younger? I really don´t remember clearly but point is, it was way before I first heard of the reincarnation and all. Having watched “The one” didn´t really help with my thoughts going crazy and all over the place once I not only knew about all the things I mentioned at the start but also went down the rabbit hole known as “fan fiction”. After dragging this on for long enough and explaining the backstory, here my Pet-Theory. What if Reincarnation is a shit process of breaking a soul down far enough it doesn´t carry any past memories? What if it´s economical enough that the broken pieces aren´t discarded but also used? What if the life of one “Soul-shard” ending, sends it to the closest parallel world with a shard? What if Sleep, as little brother of Death, allows a temporary fusion? Making “realistic dreams” being “experiencing the life of a parallel self”? What if a Deja vu is actually “remembering a similar situation a Soul-Shard that combined with you experienced before”? What if reading about a fictional world and having a dream of yourself living in it is actually either the memories of a Soul-Shard or the aforementioned temporary combination? Now to close my Theory, what if a Soul-Shard comes to a parallel world to be fused with that worlds, let´s call it “Main-Shard” but something goes wrong? Or for the conscious of the Parallel- Shard, right? Ending with the Parallel-Shard becoming the Main-Shard? Combine that with all the parallel worlds having different time-flows so a 80 year old shard could end overtaking a 5 year old Main-Shards body or vice versa? I hope you start getting the picture? Now for what could go wrong for a change of Main-Shard? The original Main-Shard died and went, while the body still lived, the same time the Parallel-Shard came. The Parallel-Shard was that much stronger or aware or whatever that it simply devoured the Main-Shard instead of the other way. Or whatever crazy stuff might be possible in the parallel worlds. All having different results concerning the memories that belong to the original Main-Shard.

Why am I writing all this? For one I just needed to get this down at least once. Second wanted to share the Idea and hopefully get greater minds to pick it up and make something awesome out of it. Third if I where to actually really start to write a fanfic myself THIS would be the Theory behind it so yeah, better get this out first and not repeat it at all the time....

Well, for now, that´s it from me. Hope someone may appreciate what I wrote or at least don´t go down the “asshole-route” on me and try to pick it apart only to get on my nerves. Everyone is free to think what they want and you don´t need to agree but sure as hell also don´t need to comment unnecessarily if you don´t. Like I said, different people, different thoughts, so to each their own.

That being said I am open for constructive critic and sorry for English not being my first language resulting in this most likely horrendous writing.... well “style” will do it to much honour I think.

2