[AOD Volume 1- First Year] Chapter 28: The First Day
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

-Friday Morning, 18th Of the 1st Month, Year 910-

The second bell rings as we enter the school building for our first class of the day. I didn't run into the girl with golden eyes in the cafeteria, but I still feel nervous. I don't know what class she's in, but if we're in the same one, it'll be hard to avoid her, 'I still don't know why that happened when I looked at her, but I know it has something to do with these memories in my head. From those voices in my head, I think she might be related to the Divine King in some way. I don't know exactly how they're related, though, but if she is, then I don't want anything to do with her.' 

During breakfast, Johnny and Jasmine kept asking me about what happened yesterday, and if I'm feeling okay. I really didn't want to talk about it, but I felt bad just rejecting them like that when they're worried about me. So I lied and told them that I'm fine, and I probably fainted because my body hasn't fully recovered yet, from my fight with Jun. 

When they heard my answer, they all accepted it with a nod, and Jasmine told me to "take it easy." I feel bad for lying to them since my body is fine thanks to that strange nurse's medicine, but I don't want to tell them about the memories in my head. 

After they got their answers, they were satisfied, so they left me alone, and we finished breakfast while listening to Johnny boast to Noah about his fights during the Entrance Exam again. When the bell rang the first time, Jasmine told us that it was 8:45. So we cleaned up and returned the trays to the lunch ladies before rushing to class.

●●●

Johnny, Noah, and I walk into the classroom together after separating from Jasmine, promising to meet up for lunch. Earlier, she told us that she got put in the Elite Class, so she wouldn't be in all of our classes. But, she'll have Physical Training, Etiquette, and Combat with us, so we'll still be able to see her during school. 

Most of the other students are already here, scattered around filling up the rows. We manage to find a few empty chairs in the last row in the back of the room. Even from back here, I can see the teacher's desk over the person in front of me's head.

Ring!

The third bell rings and Mrs. Russo walks into the room with a book in hand, "Sorry that I'm late class, this morning's meeting ran a little longer than usual."

She sits the book down on her desk and greets us with a smile, "Good morning, students. For those of you that don't remember, my name is Aurora Russo, you can all call me Mrs. Russo. I'll be your history teacher for the rest of your time here at the academy." 

"Good Morning, Mrs. Russo!" We all return her greeting.

"So before I talk about History Class this year, I want to do introductions, so that way everyone can get to know each other a little," She claps and looks at the boy with curly gray hair sitting at the end of the first row, "Um, can you start us off?"

"Sure," He nods and stands up, "My name is Lucas Hill. I hope that I can be friends with everyone."

After saying that, he sits back down, and the introductions continue. After Lucas, she goes all the way across the first row, having everyone introduce themselves. Before moving onto the next row, starting with the person behind Lucas. I look around the room as the introductions go on.

I spot some people from my Exam group here. Just like in Auditorium, Nina and Aimi are sitting next to Rachel. Jun's sitting in the row in front of me. Millard is staring at the front of the room, laying his head in his palms, in the third row. 

'He's here too…' Looking at Percy, who just finished introducing himself like when I first met him, I sigh, feeling a little disappointed, 'Why do I have to be in the same class as him?'

"Good morning, everyone! My name is Amelia Regalia, I am the First Princess of the Regalia Empire. I hope that we can all get along!" Feeling my chest tighten and my body heat up, I quickly circulate my Qi, trying my best to resist the violent thoughts. 

'...She really was related to him…' Feeling the pain start to ease up, I grit my teeth and turn away from her, holding back the hate swirling around inside of me.

I continue to circulate my Qi as the introductions go on. Noah just finished introducing himself, barely managing to get his name out with everyone's eyes on him. 

I let out a breath of relief as the thoughts finally quiet down and stand up since it's my turn, "My name is Ryner."

I don't feel like saying anything else, so I sit back down and let Johnny go. After he finishes, introductions are over, so Mrs. Russo claps, bringing our attention back to her.

"Thank you for sharing, everyone! Now let's move onto what class will look like for the rest of the year," She starts explaining the class to us, "I've divided this year's class into Three Units. The First Unit is the Introduction Of The Western Continent. In this unit, we'll be exploring the Eleven Regions of the Regalia Empire and taking a dip into their history. After that, we'll move onto the Second Unit, which will be the largest unit that we'll continue talking about through this year and the next. This unit is about the event which changed life as we knew it on Astil and gave birth to the Regalia Empire. The Human-Demon War!"

Hearing the term, I've never heard of, I feel confused, 'Human-Demon War? What's that?'

I'm not the only one that's confused about it, as some of the other students are looking at Mrs. Russo for answers like me. 

"Fufu, I'm not going to spoil it now, but I'm sure you'll all be really surprised and shocked when we go over the events of this war. But I won't talk about it too much right now because we don't have much time left and I want to talk about the last unit," Seeing us all nod she continues, "I'll be going back and forth between the Second and Third Unit as I teach this year because they're deeply related to each other, so I don't want to tell you about one event while skipping over another. The Third Unit is going to be the Founding Of The Regalia Empire! Although we won't be able to get deep into it this year, I promise that we will next year!"

We all nod, and she smiles, "That's all for now! Thanks for listening to my long speech. On Monday, we'll start the First Unit. So be ready for that! We have ten minutes left before class is over, so I'll call you up row by row to get your notebook for this class and some pens!"

Like that, we're called row by row, and after my row gets our supplies, the bell rings. That means that it's time for the next class, Literature.

Following the rest of the crowd, we find Mr. Claudius's class, with the sign, 'Literature 1' on the wall next to the room. We pass a few students walking out and enter the classroom. Since the rooms look the same, we walk to the back and sit in the same seats that we sat in, in Mrs. Russo's class. 

Mr. Claudius waits for the last student to enter before closing the door, "I assume that Mrs. Russo has already had you all do your introductions, correct?"

"Yes!" We all answer together.

"Good," He nods and looks around the room, "I already introduced myself before in the auditorium, but I will introduce myself once more. My name is Claudius, and I will be your Literature Teacher for the next few years."

"Good Morning, Mr. Claudius!" We greet him together.

"Thank you. Now, onto the class," He adjusts his glasses and starts explaining, "I have divided the lessons for this year into four sections. The First Section is a review of Grammar and Sentence Structure. I'll also be doing Mini Vocabulary lessons during the first 20 minutes of class each day, so be prepared to take notes when you walk in. After we complete the First Section, we'll move onto the Second. This is going to be a book analysis, you will all select a book and spend about a month and a half, taking notes on it..." 

'That sounds fun. Since books cost a lot, I haven't gotten the chance to read them too much. Though we have a few books at the house, that I've read more times than I count,' Looking forward to that section, I smile and turn my attention back to Mr. Claudius. 

"...Then the Third Section is shorter than the previous two. I'll be teaching you all how to write essays. After that, we'll move onto the next section when I feel that you all have a good understanding. The Final Section for the year is to choose an autobiography or biography and write an essay, answering the essential question of your choice. That is a small overview of the year, I will go into more detail when teaching the sections. Are there any questions?" He stops talking and adjusts his glasses again, looking around the room.

A couple of people ask some questions, and he answers them, before giving us our notebooks and permission to talk to our friends until the class is over, so long as we stay in our seats and don't yell or shout. Like that class ends while I'm talking to Johnny and Noah.

When the bell rings, we all go upstairs to Qi Usage class, which is Mr. Davis's class. After the last student enters, Mr. Davis closes the door and introduces himself. He has a small smile on his face as he starts explaining the class, "I'm sure you've heard a lot about the other classes, so I won't say too much, simply put, just like I said in the auditorium my class is the starting point to your journey through Ether Cultivation and Mystic Arts. I'll teach more about Qi Cultivation and help you advance to the Foundation Establishment State Realm in the next two years. But I don't think it will take any of you that long though honestly. "

'Foundation Establishment State Realm,' Dad told me that after I reach the peak of the Qi Gathering Realm, I'll be able to break through to the Foundation Establishment State Realm.

"So for the sake of breaking through faster, cultivate hard, if you have any questions or reach any bottlenecks, you can ask me for help, and I'll help you get through them safely. I'll say this though, if you manage to get through them on your own, you'll gain more, and breaking through future bottlenecks will be easier. Cultivating is important, but so is your comprehension of techniques. With a stronger comprehension, you'll be able to fight with people at a higher layer than you." He smiles and closes his eyes, "That's all for my explanation, now cultivate for the rest of class, I'll be cultivating myself, so be respectful to your fellow cultivators and don't be too noisy. Ah, I almost forgot, come take your notebooks, you'll need them so you can take down notes about the more technical parts." 

He crosses his legs on the floor and starts cultivating, 'So...strong!'

He's releasing an invisible pressure from his body that makes it hard move, but we all struggle through it, quietly taking our notebooks from the front and sitting back down to cultivate.

I don't know if it's just me, but I feel like I made bigger improvements this time, then when I cultivate alone at night, 'Maybe I'm imagining things?'

●●●

-Friday Afternoon, 18th Of the 1st Month, Year 910-

After lunch, I go back to the school building with Jasmine and the others, parting ways in the hallway again, 'We have classes with her after this.'

Thinking that I walk into mathematics, Mr. Rosa's class. He seems like an upbeat guy from his introduction in the auditorium. Once we sat down, he introduced himself and explained what we would be learning in his class with a joyful expression on his face. His smile grew even brighter when a few people asked questions. After giving us our materials, he told us some jokes before letting us talk like Mrs. Russo. 

When class is over, we tell him, 'goodbye,' and go to the changing rooms. Mr. Rosa told us where they are and explained that the door with the blue sign is for boys, and the one with the red is for girls, just like the bathrooms. I go into the guys changing room with the other guys in my class. 

I take out the black combat uniform, and follow Noah's instructions to put it on, 'Does he really need to be so embarrassed?" 

First I take off my uniform and put it in my ring. Then I put on the black pants. They're different from my regular jeans because they have padding in them, and the end part is shaped weird. After that, I put on the black boots. Halfway done, I put on the tight black long sleeve shirt and a short sleeve black jacket on over it. After I zipped it up, Noah did the buttons on it to hide the zipper. Since I'm finished getting dressed, I wait for Noah, who's hesitating. When I ask him what's wrong, he asks me, "Ca-Can you sta-stand in front of m-me? It's sca-scary to cha-change in front of e-everyone."

'...You owe me one, Noah,' I sigh to myself, blocking everyone's sight from Noah, who's nervously changing behind my back, 'Seriously, you are a guy, right?' 


Author's Note: 

Second regular chapter for the week! Next chapter might be a little late, but yeah. Anyways thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed the chapter! Thanks to whoever added the story to the library!

Read it on our site: https://deceitfixation.wixsite.com/mysite 

0