Prologue : Pitiful
455 3 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A youth with bumps on his face that were bright red slumped on his desk with a sigh of relief.

'I made it before Ms. Rachel arrived, I won't get in trouble today.' 

Despite Ms. Rachel being his homeroom teacher, she never forgot to reprimand him when he did something wrong.

Although he didn't have her, he didn't have a strong liking to her, even of she was a beautiful woman.

Unlike his classmates that liked to fawn over her, he was constantly bullied, and she never seemed to realize.

Mino scratched the back if his head when he saw the book on his desk. His seat was directly across from a school beauty, however the words spoken to each other could be counted on one hand.

'Rather than me being pitiful, it's because I have no background, and my appearance isn't pleasing to the eyes either.'

He was in no grand delusion that he was handsome, instead he knew he was a bit pudgy and overweight.

He laid his head on the desk and thought about how good it would be to be a rich young master, commanding lackeys to do his bidding.

Mino didn't have much in life, and other from a weary adopted mother who tried her best to give him a good home despite the burdens she already had.

'If I ever become rich, I'll make mom the most happiest person in the world. I swear to never forget her.'

His love for his adopted mother was boundless, as she had taken him in and provided love and care, something he definitely lacked.

Unbeknownst to him, he dozed off and entered a fuzzy dream world where he was rich and powerful, with beauties throwing themselves at him.

As he was about to embrace on of the beauties, he felt someone nudge his shoulder, pulling him out if his dreamy state.

"Mr. Fern, it's been half my class time and you've done no work, if you think that you can pass my class by attendance alone, don't be surprised if you're held back a year." Ms. Rachel said as she walked back to her desk and sat down.

On the board were a few math formulas, each complicated and foreign to Mino, making those who watched Ms. Rachel reprimand him smile at his misfortune.

They were also having trouble, but having someone do worse than them made them feel better about themselves.

"Trash." A youth wearing branded clothes and a diamond earring said with disdain in his voice.

"What was that Mr. Damian?" Ms. Rachel asked and the youth gave her a polite smile while shaking his head.

"I said he's trash. He can't even do anything besides continuously drag the class scores down, so why can't I call him trash?"

Rachel looked up and gave the youth a stare, however she didn't say anything, breaking the faint hope Mino had that someone would stand out to help him.

His heart thumped painfully in his chest, as if he were getting stabbed with a knife. He knew best how hard he tried and the effort he put in, however it was all for naught.

Even the class teacher felt he was trash. Lowering his head to the desk, his fists balled up as a tear fell from his cheek to the desk.

However he quickly dried his face and tried to complete the paper on his desk, however even after the bell rang, he still hadn't finished half of it.

Without a glance, people walked past him and turned in their papers, leaving the class right after.

Soon only Rachel and Mino sat in the room, however she didn't call him and instead gathered the papers and got ready to leave.

After she left, he gathered his belongings with a gloomy expression. Despite being used to being the object of everyone's scorn, he couldn't let his mother find out as he didn't want to worry her.

As he left, he failed to notice a youth in the hallway making a call after he saw Mino leave. Even if Mino had, he'd definitely not think that someone would wait for him to leave.

...

Halfway back to his small apartment he shared with his mother, he saw a few youths crowding the sidewalk.

Without a word, he stepped into the street and tried to walk around them, however the youths walked over with malicious smiles on their faces.

"Oh? If it isn't Mino? What are you doing out here fatty?" One of the youth with a golden tooth asked while cracking his knuckles.

Mino's eyes flickered as he looked down at the ground. Seeing the youth's legs come closer, he started to shake.

Seeing Mino terrified before he even made a move satisfied him quite a bit. Mino saw the pair of feet stop a few inches away from his own.

A hand grabbed his chin and jerked it upright. His neck cracked, and the youth grinned with a teasing look plastered on his face.

"What? Cat got your tongue? How about you do something good for the public and clean the toilets of the park. Let's go, we'll use your tongue to wipe it clean."

Hearing the vile plan they had for him, Mino despaired in his  heart. Dragged unwillingly, he was pulled into the park and towards the bathroom without much suspense.

As he got closer, he imagined himself face down in the toilet and wondered for the nth time whether he should just end it all.

However when he thought about how is adopted mother worked hard to get him into a decent school, he didn't want her hard earned effort to go to waste.

His hands balled into fists, and he swung it at the smug youth with the gold tooth. Half expecting the youth to dodge, he felt his hand impact the latter's face.

The youth froze as he raided a hand to his cheek with a disbelieving look on his face. He had always bullied and pushed Mino around, from since young, and he never had the balls to fight back.

However he now resisted, and the youth felt the stares of his lackeys and decided to beat the shit out of Mino and leave him in the park.

His foot collided with Mino's plump stomach, making him double over in pain. Another hit landed on his ribs, winding him.

A foot kicked the back of his knees and he was thrown to the floor without mercy. His hands covered his face as legs and hands rained down mercilessly.

After a few minutes, the leader stopped the other youths and kicked Mino in the side, making the latter gasp in pain.

"Next time you do something that stupid, know I won't let you off with just this."

 

 

3