Chapter 2 : Strange Dream
246 2 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kimberly left to her third job and left Mino at home, after cooking for him.

Honestly, Mino didn't have the guts to tell her that her cooking skills were bad, however he managed to smile as he held back from crying.

Whenever she cooked, he had the urge to crawl into a corner and die, however he braved it when he heard Kim calling him happily.

Mino felt he had no qualities, but little did he know that his tolerance was one of the strongest qualities he possessed.

He looked at the book and realized he forgot to tell Kim about the man, however he shrugged.

'That old man is probably a scammer. Who gives someone a book with no way to open it? I even tried to cut the silk, however nothing happened.'

He sighed and cleaned up around the apartment, as cleaning was something Kim was terrible at.

After he cleaned the living room, he washed he dishes and headed back to his room. 

...

The old man looked up and saw a red moon in the sky shining brighter than the sun. All of a sudden, he sneezed and looked around in bafflement.

'I'm already an Ancient, how could I possibly sneeze? Is someone talking ill of me behind my back?'

...

Mino hopped online and found that SuperModel01 was online and sent him an invite when he went online.

After joining the game, they proceeded to try to outlast the completion as calamity after calamity happened.

After a few rounds, most of the initial hundred players were down to twenty, and Mino was just barely surviving. When he looked at SuperModel01, he froze.

SuperModel01 had a golden pistol in hand as well as a force field around their body, keeping the damaging fog at bay.

"A whale. Hello Ms. Tycoon, provide for me..." He shamelessly tried to leech off of SuperModel01 and to his surprise, he got a notification.

Looking at the log, he realized the he had been gifted the golden pistol! He didn't hesitate much and went to thin out the remaining competition while his teammate acted as a sniper.

After the round ended, SuperModel01 logged off after send a quick goodbye. Mino sat on his bed as he thought about how good it would have been if he had friends in real life.

As things stood now, he seemed to be taking the loser route, however it was still depressing to think that everyone you see everyday only belittle or demean you.

Mino closed his eyes and lay on his bed, leaving his computer on the desk. After a few minutes, his eyelids got heavy and slowly closed.

...

Mino came to holding a sword as he hacked towards a wolf the size of a cow!

The wolf let out a shrill howl as an arrow streaked over and impaled it's throat.

Looking at the scene of carnage, he realized he was in the midst of a war, between humans and wolves!

Wait, he took a step back and looked as a man in armor heft a sword two time his size and swung it, cleaving a wolf in two.

"Changeling! Fight or die!" The man didn't give him a second glance as he plunged back into the chaotic battlefield.

The scent of iron was heavy in the air, however rather than being repulsed, he was attracted to it, however a smell of wet dog made his appetite wane.

He held his sword tightly and charged back into the battle, sword held as he swung it towards a smaller wolf who was currently tearing into the armor of a woman in armor.

The wolf seemed to sense danger and let out a shocker yelp as a sword pierced it's hind leg. The wolf spun around in fury, however Mino had long since ran around and dragged the woman back to the line of men fighting determinedly.

"Cough, I'll be fine changeling, go first and earn merits." Hearing the woman's beautiful voice, he froze as she took off her helmet, revealing a head full of silky white hair.

"Azara, did you get beaten back so badly that a changeling saved you?" A man landed on the ground, and Mino realized that behind the line of men was a wall a few meters high.

Archers stood on the ramparts firing arrow after arrow to keep the wolves at bay. The woman gave the man a glare and unwrapped the armor on her stomach.

When the armor fell to the floor, blood trickled from the wound, and just as Mino thought she was dying, the wound started healing rapidly.

Soon there wasn't even a scar left on her pale as snow skin. Her face was unblemished and smooth, creating a beautiful picture.

The man who spoke earlier was handsome, however his eyes were crimson red and he had a lazy smile on his face, revealing two fangs on his upper jaw.

"I said go changeling, I will be fine." When he looked into the green eyes of the woman, he felt something take control of his body and directed him away.

"Haha, sending fodder back to the battle, isn't that right Azara?" The man smiled with a shit eating grin as Azara ignored him.

Mino saw a wolf bounding towards himself, each step carrying it so fast that it became a blur.

Mino rolled to the side, and executed a move he didn't realise he had. The wolf ran straight into his sword, and he could feel his sword sliding through it's muscle and piercing it's heart.

As he was about to be overwhelmed by countless wolves, his vision turned darker and everything went black.

...

Mino woke up sweating, as if he had been exercising without pause for hours. His bed was wet with his sweat.

He got out of bed and went to take a shower after changing the sheets. Meanwhile, his mind was still wrapped up in the memories left behind by the dream. 

In the dream, he was sure the humanoid people were vampires, and the wolves were probably werewolves, but he wondered why he had such a dream without never paying muh attention to either mythical creature.

After an hour, his tense nerves finally eased and he fell back asleep immediately, exhausted from the dream.

...

 

 

2