Prologue : Mino’s Past
128 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mino splashed water on his face, trying to drive the tired look on his face away.

"Mino, you're already late, now you have to walk to school, hurry and come get breakfast." Kim shouted from the kitchen.

Mino looked at his average features and sighed softly.

He got into fights when he was younger, leaving marks on his face that had yet to fade away.

Growing up as an orphan before getting adopted by Kim, Mino knew he had to act tough to survive, as softness didn't work on some people.

His skin was rather healthy looking, and his build wasn't too overweight, making him bearable to the eyes.

Of course, no girl ever focused on him as he rarely spoke. Other than a few bullies, he didn't interact much with his classmates.

He headed into the kitchen and saw Kim with her back towards him scrambling eggs, however when he saw the contents of the pan, he decided to run before she made him try it!

He loved Kim to death, however her cooking left little to be desired. Of course, he didn't tell her that to her face, and just bared with it to make her happy.

Creeping as silently as he could, he made it to the door when his phone chimed. His eyes turned listless as he inwardly cursed whoever was texted him!

|From Alex : Dude, teach is already here, hurry up!|

Kim turned around and then smiled as she placed an unidentifiable blob of black and yellow on a plate.

"Here, I made sure to make it the way you like it." She placed the plate on the table and went to get dressed.

When she came out, Mino had eaten half the burnt eggs and threw the other half away. As an orphan, he didn't have much food, and ate what he could to survive, so despite the 'effort' Kim made, he could stomach it.

"Kim, I'll go to school now. Can I have a note excusing why am I'm late? The teacher will give me detention."

Kim looked at Mino's pleading face and rolled her eyes with a light laugh.

"If you get detention, you deserve it. You think I don't know you skipped your classes last week? Try it again and see if I don't discipline you!"

Hearing Kim go into mother mode, he grabbed his bag and left the apartment without looking back.

Kim closed the door and shook her head. She had adopted him five years ago, and he still behaved like the child she brought up.

A soft smile appeared on her beautiful face, however no man was there to appreciate such a beauty.

...

Mino rushed to school and tied his bike on the rack and rushed to class. His heart fell when he saw Ms. Rachel teaching.

He tried it quietly slip inside, but a glare from the teacher let him know that he was definitely going to be punished.

Despite Ms. Rachel's cold beautiful face, she was still a few years older than them, however many of her students tried to court her, however they all failed.

"Mino Asher, it seems like you feel my class is a place where you can come and go freely. If that's the case, please write a summary on the Rules of Physics."

Hearing her call his full name, he sighed and unwillingly opened his text book. Aside from the teacher, a few students threw over gloating looks as there was someone worse off than them now.

After her lecture, she left the class to work out of the book. Mino hurried through his work, and started on the essay, however bell rang when he just started to write.

"Mr. Asher, please come after the school day ends to work on your essay."

Some students shot him a glance and one even whistled, but a cold look from Ms. Rachel made him smile innocently.

Alex who had ignored Mino for the entire class got up and walked out with him while giving him a dirty look.

"I told you to play when I got online, but who knew you'd just play all night and leave me hanging?" Alex handsome face had black lines as he rolled his eyes.

"Come down Alex, I was trying to complete a mission, and then I lost track of time. I promise we can play when I get back."

"Oh yeah? Forgot about detention did we? I'll text you when you send me an invite, don't forget this time." 

"Okay. See you later. I still got two more classes." Mino turned and left, making sure he had his essay in hand.

After school ended, he headed to Ms. Rachel's class and took a seat. She didn't say anything and went back to reading papers.

Half an hour later, he still had yet to finish when Ms. Rachel looked at the clock and then at her student.

"Tomorrow had better not come without you finishing my essay. If you don't complete it, I'll give you another one to write." She grabbed her bags and left, her silky blond hair hanging down to her lower back.

Mino wasn't sure when the rumors started, however it was said that Ms. Rachel was the daughter of some wealthy CEO.

From her mannerisms and poise, one could certainly picture her wearing a beautiful dress with a haughty look on her cold face.

Mino shook his head and left the building and unlocked his bike. Looking up, he could already see the moon rising over the horizon.

He lived in the cheaper part of the city, in a small apartment that Kim paid for for a few years. He didn't directky know where Kim came from, but he knew she had a background not inferior to Ms. Rachel.

He pedaled his bike quickly, wanting to reach home so he could team up with Alex to beat the mission that had him stumped.

 

 

 

0