A Mixed-Up Wedding Ceremony
466 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the limo drove through the city, Carl's anxiety was going through the roof.

“Oh my god… What the hell is Felicia planning? Where am I going? What if I see someone I know?” Carl’s brain frantically thought. “Dear god, what if that's what this is about? What if Felicia wants to reveal Carly to everyone?”

Carl nearly started hyperventilating until he composed himself, knowing Felicia would never do anything to hurt him. But where was he being brought, and for what purpose? Especially dressed as he was? Maybe she wanted to do a photoshoot? Carl could only sit and wonder as the limo continued driving through the city.

The limo eventually arrived at a hotel that Carl didn't recognize. The driver stopped and opened the door for Carl, helping him out of the car. He looked around, confused, until he saw an unexpected, yet familiar face approaching him.

"Darren?" Carl asked. "What are you doing here?"

Darren, who Felicia and Carl had met during their vacation, and had also been one of the first people their engagement was announced to, since they dropped into the hotel bar to celebrate that night, where Darren and Eric had been drinking, was walking towards Carl. Carl noted how different Darren looked in a suit, as opposed to the casual wear that he was wearing when they had met.

"Carly! Eric and I are in town for business and Felicia reached out to meet up. Come with me." Darren reached out his hand.

Carl took it, and Darren led him into the hotel and towards one of the private ballrooms. As they walked, Carl wondered why Darren would be wearing a suit if they were just meeting up. And why he didn’t bat an eyelash at the fact that Carl was wearing a wedding dress.

"Lemme guess, you're sworn to secrecy too?" Carl asked.

"Something like that. But I think you'll figure it out in a minute." Darren replied as they stopped in front of the door. Darren reached out and pulled the veil over Carl's face.

“Darren… What's going on?” Carl asked. “Where’s Felicia?”

Darren picked up a bouquet of flowers off of a chair and handed it to Carl. Carl's stomach did a few more backflips as the final switches flipped in his head, making him realize what was really going on.

Carl was speechless.

"I know that this isn't typical, but it's what Felicia wanted." Darren opened the door, and locked his arm around Carl's leading him into the ballroom.

Carl took in the sight of the room. It was fairly sparse, with some wedding decorations hanging up, save for a podium near the front, where Eric and Felicia were standing. Felicia was wearing a fitted suit that Carl had never seen before. She turned towards Carl and grinned.

Darren walked Carl down the aisle as a familiar tune played out of a speaker. Carl held back tears as he approached Felicia, When they got to the front of the room, Darren took back the bouquet, and Felicia reached out to grab both of Carl's hands.

"I told you it was perfect." Felicia said, pushing Carl's veil over his head.

"I don't understand." Carl said, choked up.

"I figured since it was Carly who proposed to me, that she should get to enjoy the wedding too." Felicia whispered into Carl's ear. “Consider it my version of a bachelor party.”

Eric cleared his throat.

"Dearly beloved, we are here to witness the union of Felicia and Carly, two souls that truly belong together, if all this effort is to be believed." Eric started, before making an aside. "I got officiated online for this."

Carl giggled as he gazed into Felicia's eyes.

"If there are any objections to this, speak now or forever hold your peace." Eric said, looking around the room jokingly. "Do you, Carly Stewart, take Felicia to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, until death do you part?"

"I do." Carl said.

"And do you, Felicia Miller, take Carly to be your... lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do." Felicia said.

"Well, I now pronounce you... woman and wife! You may now kiss the brides." Eric exclaimed.

Felicia quickly grabbed Carl and kissed him deeply. Darren and Eric smiled as they watched the kiss. Darren quickly popped the cork on a bottle of champagne and poured four glasses. After pulling away, Carl wiped more tears from his eyes.

"I can't believe you went to all this trouble." Carl cried.

"It's all worth it for you." Felicia said. “Always is.”

Darren handed two of the glasses to Carl and Felicia who took them. Eric picked up his own glass and held it up. The others followed suit.

“To Carly and Felicia!” Eric exclaimed.

Everyone raised their glasses and took a sip of the champagne.

“I’m so impressed that you managed to pull this off in secret.” Carl remarked.

“We’re not done yet, ladies.” Eric smiled and tapped a button on a nearby laptop.

Speakers in the room began to play a familiar song, one that Carl recognized quite well.

“This is the song that was playing when we met…” Carl started to tear up again.

“May I have this dance?” Felicia held her hand out to Carl.

“But I don’t know how to dance.” Carl took Felicia’s hand.

“Then you’re just gonna have to let me lead, then.” Felicia giggled and pulled Carl towards her, until their chests were touching.

Carl gazed into Felicia’s eyes while they danced, the song’s tempo being perfect for the slow dancing that Felicia was slowly teaching Carl how to do as they did it. Carl felt Felicia’s hand gripping his waist and saw their two manicured hands entwined as he tried to focus. Carl stumbled slightly as he tried to match Felicia’s moves. Carl was amazed at how fluidly he could move in the heels, although he had to admit, he’d had enough practice these last few months that it wasn’t a total shock.

Once Carl got the hang of it, he and Felicia moved perfectly in-sync, their bodies practically becoming one as Darren and Eric watched from the other side of the room, both happy for the couple and impressed at the skill. Carl's skirt flowed gorgeously as Felicia guided her bride around the room. Carl had never felt more feminine, even the initial makeover hadn’t made him feel as feminine and vulnerable as he did in this moment. But unlike the makeover, he felt at peace, knowing that Felicia was by his side.

Carl's heart fluttered as he thought about how he'd get the chance to repay Felicia for this at their real wedding, but for the moment, this was as much for Felicia as it was for Carl, and she was in heaven as she saw how happy it made Carl and herself. Carl expected to feel out of breath from doing the unfamiliar dance moves, but he instead felt invigorated from the dancing. At the apex of the dance, Carl knew what was coming next. Could Felicia dip him? Carl wasn't sure, but he gave himself entirely over to Felicia and she expertly spun Carl around, before pulling him back and dipping him in a final move that elicited applause from Darren and Eric.

“I don’t know what to say.” Carl said, breathlessly.

“Well, I do. That was beautiful.” Eric said.

“Thank you.” Felicia said, before embracing Carl in a hug.

"Do we just go home or did you plan a honeymoon as well?" Carl asked.

"I've taken the liberty of handling that." Darren held out a room key. "Honeymoon suite. One night, as requested."

Felicia took the room key and kissed Carl again.

“Congratulations, you two.” Eric said. “May your lives together be long and happy.”

“Thanks Eric… and thank you too, Darren.” Carl said. “For everything.”

“Don’t mention it. Though I’m a little disappointed you didn’t have a cake.” Darren chuckled.

“Next time you’re in town, we’ll buy you a cake.” Felicia said.

Everyone joined together in a laugh before the groups started to part ways.

"Shall we, my blushing bride?" Felicia asked, wiggling the room key.

"Lead the way, my love." Carl picked up his skirt and followed Felicia out of the ballroom.

One thing was for sure, Carl was definitely not going to be doing any work from home this weekend. This weekend belonged to Carly.

The End?

18