CHAPTER 13 – I REGRET WALKING TO A TRAP HEAD-ON
255 6 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 13 - I REGRET WALKING TO A TRAP HEAD-ON

The air was filled with dread and confusion. Hearing the full name of Lizzy from Yufa Haruna’s mouth made me uncomfortable, and the same is very much true with Lizzy. She’s now giving this skeptical look on the pop star idol.

“W-What was that?” I asked to confirm things.

“Ah! N-No! I’m just blabbering nonsense.” Yufa shook her head.

I’m pretty sure that she knows something about Lizzy. Her sloppy excuse wouldn’t make up for it. If she recognizes the princess of Agartha, then my life is now at stake. She even got my name and know my face.

“Ah! I know!” Yufa gently hammered her palm as if she just got her lightbulb on. “If you don’t want a check to compensate for your heroic deeds, then I shall treat you two on a special date! Is it okay with you two?”

It’s so obvious that she’s trying to change the topic. But oh well, I want to take up her offer. She’s plotting something, I can smell it.

“Really? I’m fine with a date~” I said with a smile.

I looked at Lizzy who is still glaring at me. She slightly shook her head, silently telling me that I shouldn’t take the offer. She’s well aware that Yufa Haruna knows her identity, and she wanted to escape as soon as possible. But this is also an opportunity to discuss some things privately with this mysterious pop star.

“You stupid donkey, she knows me!” She whispered. “Are you seriously taking up her offer? This might be a trap! No, it's obviously a trap!”

“I know. But she already identified you. We may need to clarify some things with her so that she can keep this a secret.”

"Whatever! Do what you want! Hmph!" Lizzy crossed her arms and turned away.

I looked at the pop star who seemed to be listening to our whispers while waiting for our confirmation. She has this slightly-tilted face like a curious puppy. Her purple eyes struck my soul as she made a cute “Hmm?” sound.

“We’re fine with it!” I said with a smile.

“That’s great!” Yufa jollily clasped her hands with a smile that made her look like an angel. “I shall treat you to my favorite cafe~”

<>

It was already afternoon sunset when we came out of the mall. Yufa has asked permission from her manager to go with us on this date, and the staff happily accepted. I find it weird that they are letting two strangers like us accompany a celebrity alone.

I also find it weird that Yufa Haruna is leading us to a more secluded place where there are no people around.

We have arrived in the suburban part of the city after ten minutes of walking. I don’t see any cafes around nor any business establishment that is suitable for a date. Yufa has been humming her melodies for the last minutes so I don’t want to disturb her.

Five minutes more and there are no more people in the place. There are just vacant lots and deserted warehouses. This is where I decided to break my silence.

“Uh, shouldn’t we go back to the business district? There’s more cafe in there.” I said.

“No. This is a better place to talk privately with you two.” Yufa said in a jolly tone.

In a split second, the air became ominous. Yufa turned around like a ballerina to face me and then grabbed my wrist!

“Woah!”

Yufa has dragged me away from Lizzy, and now the pop star is hiding me on her back as if she does not want me to get close to the princess. All of a sudden, Yufa’s hands glowed and a red magical circle materialized from her palms. She pointed it towards the princess.

The jolly and shy Yufa Haruna is no more. She has shifted to a more serious expression as if she is a growling wolf. I can feel hostility from the pop star who is holding my wrist.

Now, this is a standoff between two women who can do magic.

“Don’t move!” Yufa shouted to Lizzy. 

“So you really do know my identity,” Lizzy said calmly. “And you can use magic too.”

“Why are you here, you treacherous princess!?” Yufa growled. “What are you planning to do with this poor innocent awkward weakling?”

“That stupid donkey is my minion. He is my property. If you let him go, I’ll be very much grateful.” Lizzy materialized her sword from her right hand.

“Look, I know you girls are fighting over me, but can you drop making weird nicknames?” I said with a forced smile, trying to lift the tension. It didn’t help a little bit because both of them ignored me.

“Are you using him?” Yufa asked ferociously.

“What if I am?” Lizzy answered back in the same aggressive manner.

I can imagine sparks where their eyes meet. It’s not a romantic spark, but a hostile one. They looked like they are trying to kill each other just by staring, or maybe they are just both waiting for anyone to make the wrong first move.

Suddenly, I heard light footsteps from behind me. When I turned around, I saw a beautiful woman that is as radiant as the beautiful sunset. Her eyes are sparkling blue, her hair is golden blonde, and her skin is snow white. She is wearing a white princess dress that has shining crystals in it. I think this woman has the same age as Lizzy.

“Ohoho! What do we have here? A runaway princess who killed her own father, perhaps?”

The blonde-haired beaut laughed like true royalty. Her eyes glared at Lizzy who is now biting her lip.

“Guinevere Arcaliburn.” Lizzy raised her sword, ready for battle. “How did the Princess of Avalon find me?”

“It’s easy. You see, Yufa Haruna has a set of psychic abilities that are powerful. Her telepathic abilities were used to contact me half an hour ago even if I’m five kilometers away.” The blonde woman said.

“So this puny teenage idol is your Fighter, huh?” Lizzy smirked.

All of a sudden, the woman who has the name of Guinevere Arcaliburn presented her glowing right arm. Her skin is filled with blue neon circuit veins that have some electric sparks crawling within it.

It can’t be! Is that an Archonlight System?

"Yes, the world-class pop star idol is my Fighter and is serving for me." Guinevere gave this arrogant smile. “Anyway, it was nice to meet you here in Earth Realm’s Ophir, Princess Alessia Erindel of Agartha.”

“Drop the honorifics. We both know that I’m not identified as a princess in your eyes.” Lizzy said. “Why don’t you just give your rehearsed speech and get this over with? Why did you have this pop star drive us to this secluded place?”

“You already know the answer to that question, you fugitive princess. Agartha and Avalon are allied countries, and we make sure that the good relationship between kingdoms is maintained. It’s just a coincidence that we found you here, but all I can see now is a great opportunity to enhance that relationship with the empire you betrayed.”

Yufa let go of my hand and she made a bajiquan stance, ready for battle.

I was about to run away but then the blonde named Guinevere materialized a sword and blocked my path.

“Ohohoho! You are not escaping.” Guinevere threatened. Her blue eyes are like flames in an upgraded hell that tells me my doom. “You may be brainwashed by the princess, but you still saw the secrets a normal human shouldn’t know. You see, the knowledge about magic and the legendary kingdoms must always be put to secrecy and is not meant to be learned by mortals like you.”

“W-What will you do to me?” My voice cracked. I think I peed my pants.

“Kill you, of course!”

All of a sudden, Guinevere swiped her blade, aiming for my throat.

7