CHAPTER 25 – AGARTHA IS ACTUALLY CRAZY
126 10 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 25 - AGARTHA IS ACTUALLY CRAZY

I’m still alive and kicking. After that horrible incident, Lizzy and I had this intense horror chase scene that took half an hour to finish. I did my best to outrun her, hide inside the lockers, lay down under the pews, and even go behind the altar curtains.

Good thing Yufa was there to calm her down. She leads her to the shower room so that she can have a change of clothes and had her wounded forehead treated.

While Lizzy is busy taking a bath, Yufa and I went back to our jobs in repairing the warping device.

“Thanks for saving me, Yufa.” I laughed with relief.

“Hahaha! It’s nothing. Accidents like that happen.”

“Yeah, but in our case, we eat accidents for breakfast. Lizzy's forehead is like an alarm clock that explodes every morning.”

I’m finally finished in tightening the screws, and Yufa has also finished her programming stuff on the console. I went down and looked at the fruits of our labor.

“Let’s have a test run,” I said.

Yufa nodded. She pressed something on the touch screen controls and the metallic rings started to rotate around the diamond. The dark diamond at the center of the device also brightened up, giving this sky-blue color. The machinery gave off this weird future-tech noise that is used in those sci-fi movies.

Suddenly, a hologram projector opened a model of the world map in an oval form. A feminine cybernetic voice echoed throughout the hall.

[Time-Space Warping Device successfully booted] 

[All systems green]

“It worked!” Yufa raised both her hands and asked for a high-five. Of course, I took it with a smile on my face.

“Hoh? So this is what the Warping Device when it’s fully operational.” Lizzy said.

The princess just entered the hall, now clean and neat. She had a change of clothes, with a long black sweatshirt and a beige short skirt. It’s not only the clothes that are different but all her looks too.

It’s a complete makeover while retaining my favorite look of her; Lizzy is wearing eyeglasses. Her long black hair is tied in twin braids that flow through her chest. She’s even holding a thick encyclopedia that makes her look like the hottest bookworm you can find in a library.

Oh, there’s also this signature bandage-bandana on Lizzy’s forehead to cover her wound.

“L-Lizzy?” I blushed.

Lizzy approached me and twisted my right ear.

“Ow! Owowow!”

“Stop staring at me, you stupid donkey. You’ll get me pregnant.”

“Wooow!” Yufa clasped her hands and had her eyes full of sparkles upon seeing Lizzy’s nerd-style getup. “You look so adorable, your majesty!”

“Really?” Lizzy smiled. “I have to make a disguise so that Agarthans would never notice me. I’m a wanted criminal in my own kingdom after all.”

“That will do, Ms. Lizzy! I did not realize that it’s you at all! It’s like you’re a completely different person, but still beautiful!” Yufa cheered.

“Thanks,” Lizzy said.

After hearing Yufa’s compliment, that’s the time when Lizzy finally released my dying red ear. I think all the blood will clot in it any minute.

“So, are your preparations ready?” Lizzy asked me.

“I’m all set.” I smiled. “It’s not like we’re gonna stay there the whole day anyway, so I did not need to bring anything with me. Just my tourist money.”

“Well then, let’s go.”

“Wait,” Yufa shouted from the console. “I’ll go too.”

“Hmm?” Lizzy turned her attention to Yufa.

“I want to go to Agartha too. My psychic abilities would be useful for you two. I can sense danger within a kilometer distance.”

“I don’t really want to drag you into this.” Lizzy sighed. “But if that’s what you want, then I’ll let you.”

“Thanks!” Yufa clapped. “I’m half-Agarthan so don’t worry about me! I won’t stand out at all!”

“But you’re an internet sensation. Are you sure you’re not gonna stand out?” I asked.

“Hehe~” Yufa held her hips proudly. “Don’t worry about me, Mr. John! Ms. Lizzy is not the only one with disguise!”

Yufa pulled something from her pocket and then equipped it to her face. It’s a black-framed eyeglasses, probably the same model that Lizzy wears.

“Nobody will notice me with this!” Yufa proclaimed.

“I think you two are watching too many superhero movies,” I muttered under my breath.

“Now that we’re all set, let’s go,” Lizzy said as she walked nearer towards the rotating rings. Yufa and I followed her until we stepped on the glowing portion of the floor.

Suddenly, the cybernetic voice of the device asked.

[Where would you want to go?]

“Agartha, Capital City,” Lizzy answered. "Coordinates: 22, 35."

The metal rings started to rotate at a faster rate. The diamond crystal at the center also started to flicker blinding lights as the cybernetic voice talked once again.

[Destination: Capital City, Agartha]

[Aetherial Program Start]

[Warping in 3...2...1…]

There was a white blinding flash.

<>

When I opened my eyes, I saw a whole new world in front of me.

Lizzy was not joking when she told me that Agartha is a complete utopia. It is. 

There are tall alien-like skyscrapers around us that looked like an upside-down stack of cups. Colorful brush-looking trees sway around with the breeze of the air which made them look like corals. Flying saucers of extraordinary speed dominate the airspace. There are also highways here but all of it is dedicated for people to walk unto.

Just like some European countries, there are waterways too. Each of them is connected to the wide ocean that surrounds this very legendary continent that is hidden behind the earth’s surface. I can see awesome long-necked dinosaurs swimming around the waterways.

I looked upwards, to the source of the light. I’m pretty sure it was already afternoon when we left, but this place had its sun up high as if it’s noon. Then, I realized… The sun here is the earth’s core. It is much smaller to our sun, but also closer. It gives as much heat as a normal spring season.

“Welcome to Agartha.” Lizzy proudly smiled. “Follow me. We’re near our destination.”

Lizzy started to walk for a few meters until she finally stopped in front of a tall alien-like spiral building. Yufa and I gazed upwards to see the weirdly amazing gigantic establishment of two hundred floors. 

Everything here is clean. The sidewalks are pure white. There are robots all over the place that collects trash. The people here are not so different from the people back on the earth's surface, and their fashion is a bit westernized.

There's not a single vehicle on the highways as it was dedicated for human use only. They don't need ground vehicles here. Magic is abundant here as they use it for their daily lives. I saw a pizza delivery boy skating with his flaming feet. I also saw some teenagers doing magical air glides from short buildings to other short buildings just to get to class.

Some people here do not have magic like me, but they compensate it with their technology. I just saw a police officer gliding with his hover shoes. 

“Were finally here,” Lizzy said.

I was about to say a long wow until I saw the name of the building at the very entrance. 

“Agartha National Mental Hospital.”

4