CHAPTER 34 – IT’S A DUMB TRAP!
78 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 34 - IT’S A DUMB TRAP!

My perception of time stopped. It all happened so fast that my brain failed to realize what happened.

With just a single blow, one of our allies fell down lifeless on the ground.

“Zell!” I was the first one to shout. Lizzy and Yufa already had their eyes on our fallen knight when they heard my cries. We all have our eyes wide open in shock.

“I-It’s horrible!” Yufa gasped as she covered her mouth. “That’s… That’s…”

“A Necross Demon.” Lizzy gritted as she tightened her grip on her sword.

The person who tore Zell Wingate’s chest is certainly a demonic entity. He is handsome, short black hair, and with two horns sticking out of his forehead. He’s about five-seven tall, with no covers on his upper body except the exoskeleton spine and bones as his armor. He has spikes on his shoulders, elbows, and even on his dragonic tail.

His complexion is pale violet. His eyes are black, pure black. What’s more terrifying on his appearance is the psychotic grin on his face.

He revealed his claw-like hands which hold Zell Wingate’s ripped heart. He carelessly dropped it in front of its dead owner to the floor.

A set of light footsteps followed the Necross Demon from behind. She appears to be a mature beautiful lady with long blonde hair, white-and-blue robes, and a priestess’ hat. She is wielding a golden staff that has a rainbow-glowing orb on its tip. What’s more peculiar in this person’s appearance is that she is blindfolded, but she seems to know or sense everyone around.

Standing beside the Necross Demon, we already know that she is with him.

“Good job in holding them off, General Lightsworn.” The woman’s voice is as sexy as she looks.

“Chancellor Mimosa.” The defeated general muttered. He gritted his teeth as he struggled to stand up. The paralyzing effects of Zell’s ultimate are wearing off.

“Your job here is done. Go home and rest, General. I’ll take it from here.” The blonde chancellor said.

General Lightsworn momentarily bowed to his superior before walking away lumpingly. Along the way, he looked at Zell Wingate’s corpse with a pained expression. Then he shifted his gaze to the demon with disdain before leaving the scene.

“What’s the meaning of this, Chancellor?” Lizzy shouted while shaking.

“What do you mean, your majesty?” The chancellor smiled like a succubus. “I’m merely doing my job to smite you with justice. It is what Agartha wishes for a murderer like you.”

“I’m not talking about that!” Lizzy blew her fuse. “Why are you with a Necross Demon? Isn’t it taboo for any mage to make a contract with those vile creatures?”

“Hehehe~” The chancellor shook her head happily. “It is not about why am I with a Necross Demon, but who the Necross Demon is.”

The sexy chancellor gracefully walked in front of the Necross Demon who is standing still. With her soft wavy fingers, she touched the chin of the demon and gave it an erotic french kiss.

After that public display of pervertedness, the pure black eyes of the demon started to materialize golden irises. As if a doll was brought to life, the demon slowly spoke words.

“S-Sister.”

“I-It can’t be…” Lizzy cried with her cracking voice. I’ve never seen her so surprised in my life. She’s trembling with anger and fear. “A-Alfeus?”

“Welcome to this surprise reunion of a brother and sister~” The chancellor spread out her arms as if she’s a preaching nun. “Your majesty, this is your long lost brother, Prince Alfeus Erindel.”

“Mimosa, you monster!” Lizzy roared out loud. Her hatred is all swelling up.

“Oh, am I the monster now? I thought I’m doing a good deed, reviving your dead kidnapped brother. “

“Sister!” The demon shouted. “I’m fine! I’m really me! Miss Mimosa brought me back to life!”

“Alfeus, my poor little brother.” Lizzy dropped her sword and ran towards her long lost sibling.

On the other hand, Prince Alfeus also ran towards his sister as if he really miss her very much.

“Lizzy, wait!” I tried to reach out to my princess, but she ignored me.

That dumb Lizzy! It’s obvious that this reunion is a trap! I won’t be able to catch up to her or talk her out of this! We should be focused on escaping this place, dammit! 

Just before Lizzy and her oh-so-sweet little brother are about to hug, there was a surprise. Prince Alfeus returned his demonic smirk as he swiped his claws in the thin air.

“Blacklight Slash!” Three dark air projectiles surged towards the princess.

In the nick of time, Lizzy materialized a giant magical circle from her right hand. She shielded herself from the raging blacklight waves, leaving her unscathed.

“Did you think that you can fool me, chancellor!?” Lizzy shouted. “That demon just killed one of us in cold blood!”

“Oh? But I’m not fooling you. I’m stating the whole truth. He really is your brother.” Chancellor Mimosa said.

“That’s right.” The demon prince grinned. “I really am Prince Alfeus Erindel of Agartha. I died and resurrected for the sole purpose of murdering you for fun.”

Lizzy went to her battle stance, materializing another magical white sword on her hand. On her other hand, she created a floating magical circle, probably readying herself to fire stardust bullets.

“I won’t waste any time reasoning with you, my dear brother. But I swear, I will bring you back. I will even do it by force if I have to.” 

This sounds like an awesome battle between brothers and sisters, but we don’t have the luxury of time. We’re in a hurry, so we should escape.

Just before I could shout to Lizzy, Yufa pushed me away.

“Watch out! Phoenix Firewall!” Yufa stabbed her magical girl staff on the ground, raising a flame bubble barrier around us.

Two seconds later, I heard a series of gunshots. Of course, the bullets melted after touching the shield. All those projectiles came from the enemy reinforcements, and now we’re getting surrounded!

“I can sense multiple enemies coming from every direction using some kind of portal magic! There are snipers on the skyscrapers, and flying saucers heading at us! We can’t escape until we clear them out!” Yufa cried.

“Lizzy!” I shouted out loud.

“I know! Hold the line for now until I clear all the enemies.” Lizzy yelled back. She gripped her sword tighter as she stared at her resurrected brother. “For now, I have to defeat my brother first. He will be the greatest threat in our escape.”

The system beeped inside my head.

[Command Code Ready]

With an enthusiastic smile, I pointed my right hand at the princess. Blue circuits flowed in my arms.

“I’ll support you with all I got!” I shouted back.

[Warning: Archonlight Battle]

I was surprised when that message beeped inside my head. I looked at the enemy chancellor and noticed that her right hand is glowing with blue circuits too. Just like me and Guinevere Arcaliburn, this blind priestess named Chancellor Mimosa wields the same power as mine.

[Battle Control Online]

5