CHAPTER 31: MOST BEAUTIFUL DRAGONOID
179 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 31: MOST BEAUTIFUL DRAGONOID

XENON WINGATE

2 ½ YEARS AGO 

The irritating sunlight shoved upon my face. The smell of the saltwater and the tropical winds enveloped my nostrils as I try to lay down on my beach chaise. With a lemon juice on my right hand and smart tablet on my left, I try to savor the peace in this lightly populated beach. Since it’s not yet summer, there’s only a handful of people who enjoys this glamorous place. There are colorful umbrellas everywhere, beautiful women in bikinis, and tasty food from the stalls.

It’s the best time and place to spend our vacation right after the end of the war against Arcadia, but I couldn’t find myself to relax. Wearing a swimming trunk and going topless doesn’t calm my mind a bit. My brain is fixated on thinking on my next move to get my revenge against those three bastards who ruined my life. Right now, I’m using my tablet to research on Serena’s mysterious power; the Elform. 

Zac Schneider said that Serena is the rightful inheritor of the Dragon King’s Throne, which means that there’s a probability that Serena herself is the most powerful dragonoid that currently exist. If I understand the origins of her bloodline, then I might be able to control her power with the use of the Vesryn Pulse. It will be much better if I can also use the power of Elform itself. It is possible since she’s a Nexus Dragon, and our combat capabilities are linked.

“Senpai…”

A soft gentle voice grabbed my attention. It was Serena, and she’s wearing a white long-sleeved hoodie that covers her whole upper body. Her lower body is also wrapped by a short white coverup blanket. Right now, she is looking at me with her kitten eyes and a blush on her cheek.

“Yes, Serena? What is it?” I dumbly asked.

“It’s Rena!” Serena pouted. “I told you to call me by my special nickname!”

“I-I’m sorry, I don’t really feel comfortable using nicknames on my friends. What is a special nickname anyway?”

“You’re my friend, so that’s the reason why you should call me that way.” Serena groaned. Then, she transformed into a jolly tone as she opened the hoodie and removed the blanket on her waist. The blush on her face returned and it’s redder than before. “Hey, hey! How do I look, Senpai?”

Serena is a perfect beauty, and her white two-piece swimsuit with golden Aztec linings makes her a woman of perfect taste. It emphasizes her perfect hourglass figure which focuses on the cleavage of her medium-sized breasts and thick childbearing hips. With her snow-white skin, she would be mistakenly thought to be a goddess that descended from the heavens. There’s also a cute white rosemallow flower as her hair ornament, making her the apex combination of cute and sexy.

“You’re alluring.” My face blushed as I gave out a smile.

“Really!?” Serena pumped her fists. She looked like a puppy wagging her tail just after she received a treat.

“Yes,” I said in a monotone as my face erased the blush. I immediately jumped to another topic because I don’t want to lose focus on what I’m doing. “By the way, what’s your middle name again?”

“Hmmph!” Serena pouted again. “Why do you always jump to another topic?”

“What’s your mother’s maiden name?” I asked again, fully oblivious of her remark.

“Azregon,” Serena said with a much angrier facial expression than before.

I immediately searched the internet regarding her middle name and found a lot. Apparently, Azregon bloodlines are scattered throughout the world. There are Azregons who are dragon knights in Alterra, and there are also dukes that live peacefully in Fleija. There are also some facts about Azregons being the indirect bloodline relatives of Elkyrias, which is the royal family of Alterra. The Emperor who always sits on the Alterran throne always have Elkyria on their last names, so there’s a slight probability that Serena might also have royal human blood running in her veins.

“By any chance, are you related to-”

“Um, Senpai…” Serena immediately cut me. “I don’t really want to sound like nagging, but you should probably put that tablet away. We have to relax ourselves on this beach so that we can somehow forget those traumatizing scenes we had on the war. We earned this vacation, so we need to have at least a day away from work.”

I didn’t answer. I just took a sip on my lemonade as I swipe on my tablet, reading more information about her bloodline. Serena is right about grabbing this moment to relax, but I can’t have my peace of mind. Not right now. There are too many things to be done. I have to get ready and train myself so that I can challenge the Five Pentagram Knights in order to acquire an army, as promised by the emperor. And that’s just the beginning. I still have to plot on how to kill Eldritch. As long as I’m not having my revenge, I can’t have myself running around like a fool.

“Heeeeey, Serena!” 

A petite woman wearing a pink frilly bikini approached us, and she’s wearing a straw hat full of colorful ornaments. It’s Alphonse’s dragonoid Z, and she looks a lot more adorable than her usual weird witch-like cosplaying clothes. If compared to Serena, Z lacks on the boobs and butt department, but she still has room to grow. She’s still fifteen years old and I’m sure she’ll turn out to be a fine lady. Her flowing long wavy ash-grey hair suits her, and I quite prefer this hairstyle over her usual side fringe. There’s a beach volleyball stuck on her armpit.

“Let’s play volleyball, Serena.” Z excitedly said.

“Sure~” Serena immediately answered. Then she grabbed my hand. “Let’s play, Senpai!”

“Uhhh… I don’t want to.” I pulled my hand away from her but I made it extra careful so that I won’t hurt my dragonoid. “I don’t know how to play volleyball, and I’ll get a sunburn.”

“Now you’re acting like a woman, Senor Wingate.” A sassy voice said.

That sassy voice came from my fellow dragon knight, Danielle Keine. She’s a sexy blonde-haired woman wearing a frilly violet two-piece swimsuit that exposes her tanned body. She holds the record of having the longest legs out of the girls I know in this beach, and she also holds the trophy of having the bounciest boobs around. But that won’t trigger my man-fetishes because chocolate-colored ladies are not to my tastes. No offense.

“Sir Wingate, I suggest you should work out so that you can reduce your beer belly and get some muscles.” Beside Danielle is her dragonoid who just spoke; a macho man with dark hair. He is showing off his perfectly-built abs, biceps, triceps, and all other muscle names I can’t think of. His name is Nathaniel, and he’s a famous supermodel hunk not only in the academy but in the whole Alterra. 

“My belly isn’t that big, and I already have enough muscles to buster a tank.” I reasoned out. “If you want to play volleyball, then do it without me.”

“Senpai, you’re so grumpy.” Serena forced a smile. 

“Leave him be, Serena.” Alphonse entered the scene with a tank top and trunks that have a design of coconut leaves. “Let that useless cocksucker lay down in his chaise and drink his lemonade piss.”

The lemonade turned bitter when I heard the bastard’s word. Now that he has completely ruined my drink, I have no choice but to beat this guy into a pulp.

“Let’s play then. I’ll whack the ball to your face, fucktard.” I muttered.

“Attaboy, mate.” Alphonse laughed as we all went to the scene. It’s not so long since we became colleagues, but this guy already knew how to control me just by pissing me off.

Before we play a game which I don’t know how to play, we need to set up the volleyball court. Alphonse, Nathaniel, and I set up the poles and the net, while Serena and Z are in charge of drawing the rectangle for our playing field. 

Just when we are about to start the game, there are a bunch of people who immediately interrupted it.

“Oh, it’s Serena Maizono, the most beautiful dragonoid and the heroine of the war!” One of the people cried.

Having Serena in the open beach grabbed people’s attention. Serena is a well-known celebrity and idol in Elysia and Alterra, so it is certain that people will flock around her once they discovered her identity. Well, she’s the fairest maiden of all in this beach, and she surely stands out even if nobody would scream her name. Aside from that, her status as a dragon knight’s dragon and a hero of the last war made her fame reach to the peak. Her face is all over the internet and newspapers. A slight glance of her face would immediately make her recognized. 

“Serena! It’s definitely Serena! The most beautiful dragonoid!” One of the people said.

“Please leave an autograph on my body!” Another idiot said.

“Kyaaaaah! Serenaaaa!” Some annoying girls even screamed.

Serena kindly responded on her fans by giving them a handshake, marking her signature to men’s bodies and even taking selfies with strangers. Soon, the volleyball court we worked hard in setting up became filled with paparazzi and video bloggers, trying to take pictures or videos of her. 

It’s a part of a celebrity life that Serena has been living in, giving smiles to people to everybody she meets. I’m quite amazed that Serena enjoys her company of annoying fans. If that were me, I would break down and spawn swords on their mouths. That’s how introverted I am.

“Hey, I’m a supermodel and a hero of the dragonoid war too!” Nathaniel muttered as he tried to flex his greasy muscles. He only got two or three girls to take his autograph. He’s nothing compared to Serena, who is having around fifty people flocking around her right now. I guess cute and sexy girls are a better sight than scary macho men.

Suddenly, at the far end of Serena’s crowd, I saw a familiar face.

This man is wearing a red steel headband on his forehead, and his long spiky brown hair is tied in a ponytail. He’s a man in his mid-thirties, and there are lifeless crimson eyes in him. He’s not your ordinary dragonoid. This guy is Lothar Pendragon, the hero of Elysia. What is he doing here in Alterra? 

At first, Lothar’s eyes are just fixated on Serena, but he didn’t seem to be interested in her unlike any other people here. When he noticed that I was glaring at him, he looked at me back with pure seriousness.

His lifeless right eye blinked slowly. One, two, three.

When I was a White Ghost, we use right eye blinks for silent signals. Three blinks mean “Watch out.”

Something sparked in my brain. My eyes scanned around the crowd and realized that most people flocking on Serena have crimson eyes. They are mostly dragonoids. I checked each and every facial expression they have, and almost all have the same happy face.

But there’s only one dragonoid who’s not happy to see her. He’s projecting a frown, and his eyebrows are curled. His eyes are filled with rage towards the famous celebrity. As seconds go by, he pushes through the crowd until he’s finally two meters away from his target.

“Serena!” I cried out loud as I used all my strength to pounce towards the unknown assailant.

Suddenly, the Dragonoid revealed his machete and shouted out loud before he executes his victim.

“Die, you traitorous dragon bitch!”

2