CHAPTER 49: NECROSS ASCENSION
71 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 49: NECROSS ASCENSION

XENON WINGATE

2 YEARS AGO

The man with the same face as mine slowly approached me and leaned on the railings of the castle wall to talk to me casually. His aura is indistinguishable from any other person. There is an air of menace and darkness on his heart, and yet I am not afraid nor wary of his existence. I’m pretty sure any other person who gets the sight of this rainbow-eyed person will immediately feel intimidated.

“Necross Messiah,” I muttered. Suddenly, the lightbulb inside my head brightened as I remember the document I fetched in Vanilla City. Necross is the term I’ve heard and read before. Psychic Amplifier, Necross Ascension… Those are the things Doctor Cheng Du researched for his plan for world domination.

“Humans and dragonoids are naturally evil. You have seen more than enough events to conclude that the previous statement is true.” Necross Messiah said. “Eldritch, Cheng, Trystgade. They are all working together for their selfish ambition of owning the whole world. Sirius Elkyria, on the other hand, is only interested in his own power as the Emperor of Alterra. Since the peace treaty is not renewed, a bloody war which includes millions of deaths is about to come.”

I am surprised that this man knows everything, even the ultimate plans of those royal blood. Since this guy who’s copying my face is somehow related to a world domination device, this guy should be on the evil’s side.

But for some reason, I can feel that he’s not an enemy. My brain and my heart are telling me that this is the person I can trust. It is beyond reasoning and logic why I can feel it to a stranger who is copying my face.

“Xenon Wingate, this is your true destiny. Vesryn Pulse does not lie. The thing that you hear from the beating of your heart is what you really wanted to do. We have the same appearance, the same soul, and the same heart. You are like my perfect twin in a different mother.”

“What do you want?” I asked.

“That is not the question.” Necross Messiah laughed. “What does Xenon Wingate want?”

The answer is obvious. Revenge. That’s all I want ever since I woke up with my second life. I have dedicated the past year on growing strong and planning for my best course of action to destroy Cheng, Trystgade, and Eldritch. I will gladly spend everything I have just to see them all die. 

“You already know that Eldritch has Psychic Amplifier technology. More than a year from now, his fate of taking the whole world to himself will happen. Alterra will fall, and a new world nation will be born anew, with Eldritch as the new ruler. It is written in the Akashic Records. It is an inevitable destiny, and even you will never be able to stop it.”

“So it is already a dead end, then,” I said.

“Not really.” Necross Messiah laughed. “The twist is that what happens next. Protecting the world was never your fate. Killing Eldritch, however, is a destiny that you want and will be fulfilled.”

“How the heck can I kill him if he already won the world?” I asked.

“Simple. If Eldritch has the Psychic Amplifier, then you shall have the Necross Ascension. If you have the power to dominate the world too, I’m pretty sure that not even Eldritch can stop you.” Necross Messiah lent out his hand. “Necross Ascension is the falling of the underworld to the planet, bringing complete darkness forevermore. Every living thing will die, and all the souls will be eaten by our Lord Necross.”

“Destroying the world… That sounds like the ultimate evil plan.” I laughed. 

“I know that you think it is absurd.” Necross Messiah laughed back. “But I’m going to ask you again. What does Xenon Wingate truly want? Was it glory? Protection of the world? Safety of all the people? …Or revenge?”

“Revenge,” I answered immediately.

“Precisely. That is what you want. You knew that you are willing to give up everything just to see them die. Xenon Wingate. You are not a hero. You’re just a man who wants his revenge.”

Necross Messiah’s smile is a perfect reflection of mine. His words match my desires, and his heartbeats match my soul. This man is the answer to all of my dreams and hope. He might not be a human or a dragonoid, but I can still feel that our hearts are compatible with each other. My Vesryn Pulse tells me that this very man has a compatibility rate on me at 100%. That is considerably high since my compatibility rate on Serena is only at 78%.

Somehow, I can feel that Necross Messiah is actually me.

“Necross Ascension,” I muttered. “How can I do it?”

“Six million, six hundred sixty-six thousand, six hundred sixty-six deaths, as a result of wrath.” Necross Messiah answered. “All these murder deaths should happen in the course of two decades. Once that happens, you, as Necross’s contractor, shall activate the Vesryn Pulse on him. The underworld shall fall unto this planet, and Lord Necross shall rule until the end of time.”

“How am I be able to murder six million people?”

“It does not have to be you that murders the people. Any person as long as they have wrath in their hearts will do.” Necross Messiah said. “The past dragonoid wars and the skirmishes of the countries have made the countdown halfway done, but you don’t need to worry about that. Once Alterra and the united nations of Elysia, Sargus, and Fleija wage wars, the requirements of six million deaths shall be completed.”

“So I don’t have anything to do at all? Just activate the Vesryn Pulse when the time is right?” I asked.

“Yes, but there are some obstacles on the way.” Necross Messiah said. “The only counter to the Necross Ascension is a primordial weapon called the Eye of Deus. I want you to find and destroy it so that the Necross Ascension shall never fail.”

“Eye of Deus?”

“Eye of Deus is being possessed by a dragonoid under Eldritch’s care as of this moment. You’ve already seen her eyes. Those flaming crimson irises surrounded by the black scleras. The dragonoid girl named Sakuradrop. I need you to kill her.”

I remember the dragonoid Necross Messiah is talking about. The woman in a flower-like pink dress, with black braided hair and adorable pinkish face. I somehow see the girl’s resemblance with Serena since they are both covered with an aura of purity and innocence. That peculiar dragonoid has this black sclera surrounding her crimson irises. That must be the Eye of Deus.

Necross Messiah approached me and lent out his hand, impliedly stating that I should take it. “So, will you accept your true destiny?”

My heartbeat echoes all around my body.

It’s not open for debate. Necross Ascension is the thing I’m looking for so long, and finally, here it is. This is how I get my revenge. The plan of destroying the world is the only salvation humans and dragonoids have. This world is tainted with wars and sins of everyone. 

My primary purpose is revenge, but I just realized that this is the salvation we are all looking for. If everyone is dead, there will be no more conflict. 

I’ll be the greater evil that defeats all the evil of this world.

I reached out my hand. As my fingers draw closer, I can feel the heartbeats getting stronger but slower. This sensation made me realize that this is really my fate that I am willing to commit myself to.

But there is someone standing between me and my true destiny.

“Senpai, get away from him!”

Then the whistle of the tearing wind echoes through the night. A single arrow pierced through Necross Messiah’s hand, and it pinned it to the cemented railings of the castle wall like a thumbtack.

“Kuh! Damn you!” Necross Messiah roared.

Serena has made her appearance to ‘save’ me from this stranger. She is now wearing her battle kimono, and she’s equipped with her longbow. However, her appearance is a little bit different since her hair has golden strands mixed on her shiny black hair, and her ears are as sharp as a knife. It’s like she partially activated her Elform to assault Necross Messiah. And moreover, her crimson eyes are flaming, which indicates that she’s using my bloodline magic Avenger’s Wrath.

“Get away from my Senpai!” Serena howled as she unleashed five more consecutive arrows from her longbow. 

Those arrows were so accurate, fast and powerful that it pierced through Necross Messiah’s forehead, heart, liver, left lung, and testicles. This is the first time I have ever seen Serena so angry and brutal that she has to hit all the vital organs of the enemy in one go.

But, for some reason, Necross Messiah is still alive. His brain, heart, and all other vital organs must no longer be functioning, but he can still speak even though he’s coughing endlessly with blood. 

“Damn you, Serena Maizono! May the blood of the Dragon Queen running on your veins be cursed!” Necross Messiah cried.

“Forge!” Serena replied with a cold remark. Dematerializing her longbow, Serena magically created a spear filled with crimson barbed wires. She spun it three times, raised it to her shoulders, and threw it like a javelin straight to the man with rainbow eyes.

As the spear blaze through the air, the barbed wires expanded, making a tree full of thorns. Upon impact with the poor Necross Messiah, the thorns unleashed flames that burned each and every bit of his body. He was converted to melted flesh, and the only thing left intact, is his hand that was pinned by an arrow that was stuck on the wall.

“Senpai, are you okay!?” Serena worriedly approached me, with her Elform slowly fading, transforming her back to her original form. Serena held my hand and checked if I had a bruise or a scratch.

“I’m… okay.” I said to my beautiful dragonoid. “But Serena, you…”

I was worried about Serena’s sudden change of character. Normally, she’s a perfectly gentle girl who can’t even hurt an ant, but the Serena I saw a few moments ago is completely different. That’s actually the first time I saw Serena had no slight hesitation to kill anyone.

Serena immediately justified herself, which made me convinced. “Senpai, that man… he’s not a living being. He’s an undead demon.”

My brain hurts. Somehow, I feel like I was awoken from a deep slumber in which I was sleepwalking and about to do something stupid that will get me to trouble. I’m just glad that my dragonoid Serena was here to wake me up.

I looked at my trembling hands and realized what I attempted to do. I whispered to myself, doubting if I can still even trust my heart or not.

“Just… what am I doing?” 

<>

2