CHAPTER 53: OMNIPUNCH
59 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 53: OMNIPUNCH

XENON WINGATE

1 ½ YEARS AGO

The annoying fans cheered as they saw the most beautiful dragonoid turn into an awesome, sexy boxer dragon. The Serenatic retards made a high-pitched fangirl scream, and the boys had their irises shaped like stars. Several cameras focused on Serena’s Nexus Brawler Dragon form and completely disregarded me, who is the dragon knight that is responsible for her cool transformation.

Now that I have revealed Serena’s new form, I have to wait for a limited edition of the action figure of her to come out. Bollocks. Next time I challenge a Pentagram Knight, I’ll switch between all the dragon forms she has yet to show. Or maybe not. If I show all her forms in one fight, the element of surprise will no longer be applicable. Her surprise transformations are my only edge against the Pentagram Knights.

“Thanks for designing this form, Senpai~” Serena telepathically smooched me with her kind voice.

“Yeah, yeah. Just focus on the battle.” I said uncaringly as I cocked the handle of my shield. My blaster shield immediately transformed into an oversized gauntlet that fits tightly on my right hand. Now I have a giant mechanical arm.

The Mystic Flame Dragon and its dragon knight Marlon Trystgade glared at us with smiles on their faces. They must be feeling the tension and the adrenaline in this heating battle, and they can’t help it but pump their own selves up.

“You may be superior in close range combat, but we get the upper hand on long-range, moja!” Marlon said as he opened his book to page thirty. Suddenly, a bluish ball of fire materialized on top of the book, and it launched to us relentlessly. “Fusion Flare!”

“Serena, go!” I cried. 

On my signal, Serena leaped forward and flapped her wings. Because she’s on her fighter mode, her wings are smaller than normal, so she can only fly on short altitudes. Flying a few meters from the ground has its perks, since we only have to deal with a small amount of wind resistance, thus making us fly faster than a stealth bomber.

“Haaah!” With the speed of breaking the wind barrier, I used my giant right fist to punch through the enemy fireball. 

The Fusion Flare ball splattered upon impact, and the sticky flames spread out. Thanks to the excessive momentum force of my dragon, the lava liquid splashed away and only managed to damage my shield plate with five percent. Now my shield plate is 71%, but we still have to deliver a hit to the enemy.

“Grooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!!” The Mystic Flame Dragon roared as we close in the distance. Its whole body immediately bathed in raging crimson gold flames and charged towards us.

“What the-!!!” I muttered. I was surprised that the Mystic Flame Dragon, which is superior in long-range magical arts, is running straight with a short-ranged attack. 

“You’re not the only one hiding a trump card, moja!” Marlon laughed. “Now finish that dragon, Fira!”

“Groooooaaaaahhhh!!!” The Mystic Flame Dragon doubled its acceleration and speed, ramming its whole flaming body towards us.

“Graaaaaahhhh!!!” 

In the nick of time, my Nexus Brawler Dragon caught the Mystic Flame Dragon’s burning wings with her steel claws just before it hit her. The temperature is comparable to a nuclear explosion, but with the help of my Nexus Brawler Dragon’s rubbery hide and iron gauntlets, she can withstand it for more than ten seconds.

Now that the enemy dragon is being pinned by my dragon, it’s my time to attack! I took this grand opportunity to stand up on top of the head of my dragon and run towards the enemy knight!

“I will never allow you to get close, moja!” Marlon unleashed three, four, five fireballs towards me, but I effortlessly evaded those with a sidestep and a hop. Unfortunately, two fireballs made its way to my right shoulder and left leg, significantly dropping my shield plate to 13%.

I may be reckless, but it is all part of my plan. I’m scheming to take the enemy knight with one hit. So when the timing and distance are right, I leaped forward, spun in midair five hundred degrees, and charged my giant gauntlet with ninety-percent of my magical force.

“I’m fucked, moja,” Marlon muttered as he saw my giant fist glow gold. I can see the reflection of my weapon in his eyes.

“Omnipunch!”

“Gwuaah!!!” All of a sudden, the Mystic Flame Dragon raised its head with full force, successfully ejecting her knight from her head. Now I can no longer deliver the powerful attack to Marlon. However, the Mystic Flame Dragon itself took all the attacks I have charged.

Shockwave blasted all over the place as I punch the Mystic Flame Dragon’s head again and again. After I deliver a punch with my giant gauntlet, I will teleport to another angle, punch it, teleport, punch, teleport, and punch. That went on with twenty-seven strikes in just a matter of four seconds, and now the Mystic Flame Dragon’s face is full of bruises. There are even blood squeezing out from the poor dragon’s eyes, nose, and mouth.

“Graaaahhhh….” The Mystic Flame Dragon fell down unconscious. After a split second, the enemy dragon reverted back to its human form, Fira. Now Fira is sleeping half-dead at the center of the arena. She took quite a beating, but some wounds on a dragon do not carry over to its human form. Fira’s face is still intact and beautiful, just suffering from minor scratches. 

I’m just worried if she suffered from an internal hemorrhage because of my continuous powerful attack. I’m feeling quite guilty, and it leaves a bad aftertaste in my mouth.

“Booooooo!!!” The fans cried as they signaled me a thumbs down. They must be furious and disappointed that I mercilessly assaulted a beautiful lady dragonoid.

I ignored the negative applause, but it hurt my heart. I know I overdid it. I should have held back a little. But then again, I was intending to attack her knight. It just so happens that she sacrificed herself for her master. It can’t be helped.

I should stop thinking about unnecessary things and focus on winning this fight! That’s right! The enemy knight is still getting up, and he no longer has a dragon to fight on his side. My Nexus Brawler Dragon is still combat effective! We’re in a huge advantage!

“Damn it, moja!” Marlon cried. “Fira, why did you sacrifice yourself for me, moja?”

Of course, Fira won’t be able to reply. She’s unconscious. 

Marlon’s completely vulnerable. This ends now.

“Serena, let’s finish this!” I ordered out loud as I pointed Marlon, who is currently standing up. “Nexus Brawler Dragon, use Omnipunch!”

There was silence. Not even the audiences, the announcer, the retarded fans club or the hotdog vendors uttered a word. 

Having no reply for five seconds, I tried to give my orders again.

“Nexus Brawler Dragon, use Omnipunch!” I cried out loud as I enthusiastically pointed at the vulnerable enemy. But I got no response. I think I’m just embarrassing myself.

I only saw a pretty human in a high school uniform step forward. She is wielding her two short swords, ready to engage the enemy. It’s Serena. I thought she was still on her dragon form, but why is she back to humans? I don’t remember deactivating the Vesryn Pulse, so why...

“Serena, did you deactivate the Vesryn Pulse?” I whispered.

“Yes. I’m sorry, Senpai.” Serena muttered. “I know that winning against a Pentagram Knight means so much for you. But this fight is not about winning. This is about you and me, fighting alongside each other, standing up against one of the most powerful dragon knights right here and right now.” 

“S-Serena…” That’s the only thing I can mutter. I’m currently confused and dumbstruck because of her words that are full of principles but devoid of meaning.

Of course, this fight is all about winning! I don’t understand why she refuses to finish the enemy off with her dragon form! It should have been a lot easier!

“Forgive me, Senpai. I’ll take this fight on my human form.” Serena smiled. “Please give me the honors to finish off the enemy with my current appearance.”

The enemy dragon knight, Marlon Trystgade, stood up, with his book on his hand. He flipped the page until he finally found the formula of his spell. His shield plate is 93% while my shield plate is at 12%. One direct hit from Marlon’s fireballs would immediately wipe me out from this fight.

“Oh, so you want to finish this fight on your own in order to raise your PR. Nice move, Miss Serena Maizono. But that will be the final nail for your knight’s coffin, moja.” Marlon made an evil smile as if everything falls under his plans. He spread out his hand, pointing towards us, and uttered a spell. “Mystic Flame, activate!”

Suddenly, my body sprouted flames. Everything in my skin feels hot, but thanks for the protection of the shield plate, I’m not taking any injuries. However, my shield plate takes 1% damage as every second goes by. Twelve, eleven, ten percent. The enemy’s Mystic Flame has the effect of toasting its victim alive. Clearly, Marlon Trystgade is not holding back.

“I’m not planning to lose here, moja!” Marlon cried. Then, multiple fireballs spawned on top of his book. “Now you only have nine seconds to finish me, moja!”

Serena, you idiot! That’s what I wanted to cry. She should have finished the enemy when we had the chance, but now the table has turned! How the heck can she deplete the enemy’s shield plate before the mystic flames can deplete mine?

0