CHAPTER 108: BLADE OF SHIMOUSA
58 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 108: BLADE OF SHIMOUSA

LOTHAR PENDRAGON

8 DAYS AGO

How many years has it been since I last had a dragon knight ride on my back? I can’t remember. For all the years of my life, I have only allowed one person who soared through the skies with me: Kirina Pendragon. Only my wife and my knight who is able to use the power of the Vesryn Pulse and synchronized my heartbeats had the opportunity to ride a legendary Yamato Dragon.

However, this kid is different. Xenon Wingate. He’s the second person whom I acknowledge as my knight. It was a miracle for me to have a partner like him despite our different heartbeats. Technically, Xenon’s compatibility rate with me only ranges from three to five percent. He was able to transform me into my Yamato Dragon form using the mystic psychic power of the Eye of Deus. He was also able to transform all the other prisoner dragonoids near him, which makes his superior ability almost godlike. 

The prison island is now a living hell. The penitentiary, the mines, and all other establishments are now caught by flames. The prisoners who are now full-fledged dragons are running amok, destroying everything in their wake. These dragons have incinerated countless guards and soldiers on site. There are about eighty of these rampaging dragons, and the Elysian army is having a hard time dealing with them.

There must have been around five airships that were destroyed due to the dragons running amok. Fighter jets and dreadnought ships are putting up a fight, and they already took out a fifth of Xenon’s dragon army. The dragon knights of Elysia are also here as enemy reinforcements to take down as much dragon as they can. The tide of the battle is quickly turning on their side for the reason that those dragons who were escaped prisoners are not yet accustomed to their dragon forms yet. Fighting highly-trained enemy dragons and knights really make up the difference in skills and ability.

“Yagami, Kagura, Muramasa, Launch!” Xenon ordered my giant swords to detach from my wings and rush through the three Elysian dragon knights that have been chasing us. The magical blades immediately pierced the dragons’ hearts, making them dead in just one shot.

“You’re getting used to my powers, kid.” I telepathically told my new partner.

“I’ve studied all your magic swords. I know to use your strengths.” Xenon said with a smile. “It seems that you are much stronger if you are with a genuine knight like me. If only you were my dragonoid, I could have swept all the Pentagram Knight Challenges in one attack without getting a scratch. That’s a legendary dragon for you.”

“Oh please, stop with the praises.” I telepathically mocked. “We both know that you still hate me for what I have done to Kevin Valesmith. You pledged to take my life once our revenge was over.”

“Damn right, old man.” Xenon said. 

Suddenly, five Elysian dragon knights appeared in front of us. The damn winged lizards bore their fangs, and the puny dragon knights pointed their blades towards us. “Surrender now, or we’ll proceed by force!” The dragon knights announced, not realizing that they have no idea who has the upper ground here.

“Forge.” Xenon muttered, and a katana appeared on his hand. He put the blade in front of his face and channeled magic that is exclusive only for the dragon knight in control of a Yamato Dragon like me. “Shingetsu Second Style: Spiderweb Sonic Slash!!!”

In a blink of an eye, a consecutive cobalt light streak crossed in the atmosphere. The bluish-white light that was following the blinding fast slashes of Xenon’s katana made an artistic spider web light that remained in a wide area of effect. The spider web glowed and unleashed mystic blasts of the same shape, cutting through anything that passes through it.

“Gwaaaah!!!” The humans’ and dragons’ painful cries mixed in the air as they got their body parts minced by the powerful magic light. All of them ended up dead just before they hit the hard ground.

Seeing that most of our pursuers are dead, Xenon commanded me to hover at a higher altitude. With the view thirty meters above, we can see the whole penitentiary running ablaze. The whole prison island is now a battlefield that has been mixed with dragon knights from Alterra and Sargus. It’s a chaotic mess that turned out to be a free-for-all for the escaped prisoners, Elysian military, and the freed dragon knights from another country. Mixing up with them would not do us any good as we still have an unfinished objective at hand.

“Have you seen Eldritch?” Xenon asked me.

I used my extrasensory eyes to scan around the prison island. Apparently, I can see a huge number of Alterran dragon knights on the western part of the gigantic prison island. I can sense Sakuradrop’s energy at the peak levels as she looked to be an eight-headed serpent. Xenon’s friends are fighting against the legendary Orochi Dragon, and one of those combatants is Serena Maizono.

“No. But I have located your darling.” I laughed telepathically.

“Focus on our goal, old man.” Xenon irked as if he’s irritated. “Revenge. We must make Eldritch pay for what he has done to me... For what he has done to you... And for what he has done to your wife Kirina.”

Hearing my dead love’s name made me composed and fixated on our objective. It is evident that Xenon no longer has an interest in going to Serena’s aid on that fight. He has given up everything; his heart, his mind, and his soul for the sole reason of getting his revenge. Considering the pain he has gone for all these years, it is only natural for him to see all persons as disposable pawns.

Suddenly, in the northern part of the prison island, I saw a bunch of war airships taking off. They seem to be fleeing and they are disregarding the siege on the penitentiary nor the Orochi Dragon’s battle. I find it really weird for such caravan of war transports are focused on fleeing and not adding their defenses to their own losing battle. This could only mean one thing.

“There are seven airships taking off the island. I suspect one of them is boarded by that fucker Eldritch.” I inserted my thoughts directly to Xenon’s brain.

“Good.” Xenon made a malicious smile. “Lothar Pendragon, Activate Dragon Elform!”

In an instant, my dark adamantine armor was immediately converted to white, and gold linings started to materialize on the gaps of my dragon armor. My ears became pointy as a sword, and my chest glowed a red V sigil on it. I was now able to transform into a being that can absorb nature’s energy and fully convert it into my own.

With such a magnificent boost in strength, I blasted forward at full speed, attempting to catch the escaping airships. Detecting us, the seven airships also boosted with full throttle, trying to imply that they can fly faster than me. When they realized that I’m steadily closing in the distance, all the escaping Elysian airships aimed their cannons and rockets towards me.

Of course, I can evade all those projectiles without much effort. I zigzagged in midair, completely avoiding all the missiles and lasers the airships unleashed with my reflexes and agile maneuvers. However, they succeeded in slowing me down. Evading the projectiles takes a lot of time and effort, so at this rate, we won’t be able to catch up. 

I saw that six of the airships are slowing down a little bit to focus on firing ranged weapons at me. One of the airships is flying ahead, maintaining its top speed. It should be obvious that Eldritch is inside that flying vessel.

“There, Xenon! The farthest one! That should be where Eldritch is!”

“I know!” Xenon answered.

When the six military airships got tired of wasting their bullets, they opened up their hatches; revealing all the remaining dragon knights at Elysia’s disposal. There’s about fifty of them, complete with dragons and knights and all the protective gear and weapons they can have.

“Lothar Pendragon! Xenon Wingate! This will be your end!” The head general of the Elysian dragon knights proclaimed. “This is as far as you go! We will never let you get close to His Majesty!”

Fifty dragon knights and seven battle airships are too much for me and Xenon. I can only think of a way in order to reach Eldritch, and this is no time to think of another option. I have to do this.

“Shingetsu Third Style: Flashblade!”

My wings which are made out of swords covered me whole as we burn through the atmosphere. Removing all the concentration of my magic from strength and defense, I focused it all on speed. With this power, I was able to dash past the six airships and the dragon knights and managed to crash on the target airship’s left thrusters in a speed of light. White streak was left on my trail.

“What the-!!!” The Elysian Dragon Knight General exclaimed. “Where did he go!?”

“Xenon, jump!” I telepathically shouted.

On my signal, the young dragon knight jumped and made it to the deck of the airship. Because of being in a hurry, he rolled over three times until finally getting his balance and foot on the ship. Then Xenon turned to me and lent out his hand.

“Your turn, Lothar! Disable your dragon form and jump!”

I did not make a response to him. All I did is to turn my back and face the airships and dragon knights that are now locking their crosshairs on me, a White Yamato Dragon.

“I’m sorry, Xenon. I’ll keep them at bay. You proceed and kill Eldritch.” I said with a calm psychic voice.

“We’ll do it together, Lothar! Come on! Let’s get our revenge!” Xenon raised his fist and clenched it.

I turned my dragon head to him and used my vicious red eyes and glared at his face. Clearly, this young man resembles a lot of Kirina. His principles, ideals, and even appearance may not be the same, but for some reason, I can feel Kirina’s heartbeats on him. That is why I had this feeling to protect this young lad whatever the cost.

“Revenge is for you, Xenon. Not for me.” 

After I telepathically said those words, I took off with vigor on my heart. I may be crazy for assuming that he is some kind of memento from my dead love, but I knew that deep in my heart that the decision I made is for the best.

Revenge is not for me. It never really is. For the past years, I have been killing and torturing people. I have been turning the wheels of hatred throughout the history of the planet. I may be labeled as a hero, but the reality is, I’m just an old crazy man who talks to the heart of his dead wife. Hell, I have even killed innocent people like Eldritch’s child. If there’s someone who should face harsher retribution than that damned emperor, it should be me.

Eldritch’s airship continues to fly away, while I stay to block the passage of the six airships and fifty dragon knights. Those enemies halted the moment they saw that I have stopped chasing the ship. They should have known that I will be taking them up for a fight right here and right now.

“Bold of you to be left behind, Lothar Pendragon.” The Dragon Knight General said. At this moment, all fifty dragon knights and the six battle airships circled around me. “There is no way you can win this fight. We greatly outnumber you.”

“Of course, I know that,” I answered. “That is why I will be taking you all with me.”

One of my sword wings was drawn by my left claw. Subsequently, the swords on my wings hovered around and attached themselves at the tip of the blade I’m holding. Once I have exhausted all the swords in my wings, the single long sword glowed with flames that have the color of crimson and gold. I poured all the natural energy I have gathered to this one single sword. I even disabled my heartbeats of the Vesryn Pulse just to add up the power of this weapon. With this final attack that I have put my heart and soul into, it is certain that I can eliminate all these enemies in one shot.

“Y-You’re crazy!” The Dragon Knight General cried. “You’re planning to take out your life just to take us all!?”

“Yes.”

“Everybody, run!” The general cried. “Fly away as far as you can, and never look back!”

With such a signal, the dragon knights scattered like rats who just saw a lion on their den. The airship slowly maneuvered to turn around and started its boosters to blast off.

However, my final attack covers a five-kilometer radius. There is no way they can flee just before I could unleash this attack.

“Shingetsu Final Style: Blade of Shimousa!”

As soon as I cried my spell’s name, the golden blazing katana I’m wielding elongated itself until it is five kilometers in length. With simple yet swift side swing, all the dragons, humans, and airships that I have swept across has been completely removed from existence. Not even they can scream after being hit. Not even I, who is the caster of this magic, can survive this attack.

“Kirina… I’ll be seeing you now…”

I muttered as I closed my eyes and let myself be eaten by the flames I have created.

[Lothar Pendragon: K.I.A.]

1