CHAPTER 119: XENON’S FORGOTTEN MEMORIES
75 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 119: XENON’S FORGOTTEN MEMORIES

XENON WINGATE

My only guide in this void of infinite darkness is the heartbeats I’m hearing. The heartbeats of Serena, which is the same as my own heartbeat made me remember all the memories that I have forsaken and lost by powerful psychic magic.

16 YEARS AGO

I was still five years old at this moment when I was awakened with the truth of the world. One time, my father; Professor Wingate took me and my best friend Mike on a trip to a hidden island. It took us three days on a small ship just to locate it as the island itself is always covered with mist and cloud. It is the Cherry Island on the western part of Elysian Ocean, where all sakura trees bloom.

Cherry Island is also the place of ancient civilization, as it predates the war between humans and dragons itself. It is said to be the last sanctuary that was left in this world ever since the gods left, and so, it is the place where ancient temples of alien architectures. My father took me here with my best friend in the research of his study. He told me that he wanted to decipher the ancient stone tablets that contain the whereabouts of the Goddess Exceria, which is the goddess of all dragons.

Being a five-year-old child, me and Mike are playful as puppies. While my father is busy copying the hieroglyphs of the ruins, my best friend and I decided to play our favorite hide-and-seek. The ruins are massive, and it is an ideal place to hunt with your friends. 

One time when we were playing, Mike accidentally found a dead end. The dead-end has this wall that has two hand slots on it, and it looked like a door. Mike and I tried to touch the hand slots, and we were surprised that the wall opened. It was a secret door, and we ventured further without telling my father.

After five minutes of walking, we saw an old ruined throne room, in which a dead body of a man is resting on the central seat. There was a gigantic sigil on the wall on his back that indicates a dragon with eight heads, wide wings, and eight serpentine tails. There are also statues at the side of the abandoned throne room which indicates dragon knights that may have fought in ancient times.

“Welcome to the land of gods, messengers of light and darkness. I am truly grateful that you have come here. Fate does not lie, and I was certain that this day would come.” 

An adorable kind voice entertained us. It was a beautiful teenage girl with snow-white skin, long eyelashes, and a fairy-like sakura dress. She was the same as she was back then. Sakuradrop. The crimson glow on her eyes and the grimdark sclera are very much identical to the ones we know not a very long time ago.

Not long thereafter, my father came to our aid. He was truly astounded when he saw such amazing beauty, but he was a little bit skeptical. He knew what was on her eyes. He does not want to disclose it. However, we may have discovered a girl that may change the course of history forever.

Sakuradrop came with us when we went back to Elysia. All she told everyone about is that she is an ancient dragonoid that is the key for the world’s survival. Mike’s father; the past Emperor Eldritch took interest in her so he made her into a helper of the castle. With this, the royalties of Elysia took a close eye on her every move.

Whenever I visit the royal castle and play with my best friend Mike, Sakuradrop is there. Most of the time, we would stay on her care listening to her weird stories about the age of gods, about the hell planet that would fall upon this world after two decades, and about some beings that are outside of our comprehension. However, there was one thing that she kept on telling us both.

“Your children are a child of light and darkness. One of you is bound to save the world, and one is bound to destroy it. The savior is also bound to become the destroyer, and the destroyer is also bound to become the savior. Only one of you will succeed, and he shall decide on the fate of the world.”

Those things mean nothing to me and Mike back then, and we used those tales of Sakuradrop to roleplay such valiant plot. Sometimes, Mike would play the hero and I will play the dark lord. Sometimes, our roles would swap. We never paid attention to Sakuradrop’s tales with seriousness since we’re just a child then until we realized it back in high school.

<>

6 YEARS AGO

One time, Mike summoned me into the castle. He told me that Sakuradrop wanted to talk to us in private, so we had Mike’s private quarters as our meeting place. At first, both of us thought that Sakuradrop would sing about her cliched weird tales again but we were surprised that it was the half-truth.

On a side note, Sakuradrop appears to be not aging at all. She’s still as beautiful as ever, and now we look like teenagers of the very same age.

“Remember the stories I have told you when you were a child? Those are the events that will truly happen in the future. The fight between the light and darkness. The war between the four nations. The underworld falling unto this planet. Those are the truth. We only have ten years left to act.”

I was skeptical at first and thought that Sakuradrop was a wackjob, but then I realized that my friend Mike now already has the very same eyes as that beautiful Dragonoid. Crimson irises with black sclera. The Eye of Deus. 

“Sakuradrop gave me the power of gods; the power to save the world,” Mike said. “I saw her visions, and I approve that she is telling the whole truth.”

“Xenon Wingate,” Sakuradrop said. “You are the promised messenger of the underworld Necross. You are destined to be the person you are not, as the ultimate evil is destined to possess you. Fate has engraved your acts in the stone, and you will be the Necross Messiah named Nox.”

“So… does that mean that I will destroy the world?” I muttered in surprise.

“Yes. But there is still hope to change your destiny. I will give the power of the gods to you when the time is right. With this, your future will be uncertain. But for now, you have to ready yourself until the signs of the Curse of Necross appears.”

I believed in Sakuradrop’s words, so all my actions were filled with mixed determination and fear. I promised myself to become powerful so that I could be worthy of the Eye of Deus, in order to save me from my own doomed future. 

<>

3 YEARS AGO

Right after I graduated high school, I entered the White Ghost Academy where I became one of the best information gatherers in Elysia. On the other hand, Mike entered the military school and graduated for just two years, immediately attaining the rank of a general. I mastered the arts of Forge magic, while Mike mastered the mystics of Heartstopper Curse. Even with our separate ways, we continued to do our best until we reunited once again with one goal in sight; world domination.

Mike held a private meeting with me and Sakuradrop. He handed out the files that contain the picture of a square fat doctor.

“That man is Doctor Cheng Du, one of Alterra’s primary researchers in weapons development. I have heard that he has various information that we can use, including the Eye of Deus and the Curse of Necross.” Mike explained. “One of his projects is the Psychic Amplifier. He also knows the secret on how to activate Necross Ascension. His recipes are the door for us in our ambition, Xenon.”

“We need his dossier in order to move on with our plan in preparation of Necross Ascension. We may be able to prevent Necross if we get all his research data.” Sakuradrop said. 

“Luckily for us, the Alterran government has yet to discover the evil doctor’s plans. We need to get a hand off that information fast before they get to it first.” Mike said.

As I laid down the file, I joined the conversation and asked a question. “Mike, what is this Psychic Amplifier?”

“Psychic Amplifier is a tower-like device that can be used to control the minds of a person,” Eldritch said. “According to our data, Cheng Du’s Psychic Amplifier can control the mind of a single weak dragonoid as of this moment. If we get to develop such a device, I’m sure we could come to the conclusion that it can be a world-dominating device.”

“That is correct,” Sakuradrop said. “The Eye of Deus has the power to control the hearts of humans and the dragonoids. These weapons are of the same category. If we develop both Eyes of Deus and Psychic Amplifier, everything will be on our grasps. Our dream of uniting the world in order to fight off the ultimate Necross Ascension will be attained.” 

“How are we going to gather Cheng Du’s research data?” I asked. “I’ve read that he’s residing on Alterra’s Vanilla City. It’s a fortress. How are we going to seize it?”

“That is of no problem, my friend,” Mike said. “I have contacted over the rebel group of Arcadia. I have disclosed information about how Alterran people treat their dragonoid slaves. Their own Dragonoid War is bound to happen any moment.”

There was a menacing smile on my face. “Mike, let me join the White Ghost Team that is in charge of the recovery of Cheng Du’s dossier.”

Mike had this surprised face. “I know you’re eager to make me the king of the world. But this is risky. If the Alterran Army catches you, all our plans for world domination will be at peril. I have heard that they already unlocked a Memory Flasher Device that can read anybody’s memories.”

“You can delete all my memories pertaining to everything. About the Eye of Deus, Curse of Necross, and the Psychic Amplifier.” I said.

Sakuradrop and Mike were stunned. They never thought that I would volunteer on such a risky task. However, after five seconds, Michael Eldritch made his decision. His eyes transformed into crimson red as he locked gaze on me.

“Well then. As your acting General and the Prince of Elysia, my name is Michael Eldritch. I command you… Xenon Wingate… to forget everything about the Psychic Amplifier, Eye of Deus, Necross Ascension, and all relating memories that you had. These memories shall forever be sealed completely.”

A flash of red light blinded my eyes.

0