A Kidnapped Soul
146 3 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Did I get kidnapped?" Cyrus chuckles. 

He had awakened on a chair in an unfamiliar room. Whether you look to the right or left, a detail hard to ignore is the pink covering every inch of the wall, floor and ceiling. 

The room was locked and loaded of pink pictures, chandeliers, clocks, bookshelves, mirrors, rugs and more. There's even a pink vending machine? A perfect description would be someone gulping down pink paint then disgorging it everywhere or throwing a pink bomb into an empty space and closing the door.

He whistles then winces, "Yeesh, someone's a bit obsessed" After his remark, a second of light shuffling could be heard somewhere in the room. The sound wasn't distinct in the slightest, but Cyrus's senses aren't to be trifled with. 

Realizing he's not by himself, Cyrus pretends he didn't notice to not alarm whoever else is in the room.

'What? Company for me? You shouldn't have' he smirks. 

Before he got up, he examined himself, and noticed he's not tied up at the slightest.

 'My kidnapper is not the brightest apple on the tree it seems. It's either not a kidnapping or they're just terrible at their job'

After completing his self check, to his astonishment, there was not a single bruise. Not only were there no bruises, but all the scars he ever obtained have vanished. 

"My.. My Battle scars!" He drags his hands down his face in heartache.

Cyrus gives an exasperated sigh,"They will be missed" 

He springs his body out of the chair to stretch, body aching from being in the chair to what feels like forever and walks around the room. Stepping towards the vending machine he's in awe. "Snacks Galore!" He drools happily. The snacks list from cupcakes to chips and drinks. "Shoot I need some change" 

He searches the room high and low in hope to find some pocket change. Peers under and behind the vending machine, by the bookshelves, in the trashcan and more. 

Although he gives the impression of searching for loose change, in reality Cyrus is probing for the little friend in hiding. 

You may ask, if it is a kidnapping why would you look for the kidnapper? Cyrus looks for danger and loves the thrill as he has nothing to lose but his life anyway. 

He was dropped off at an orphanage when he was a baby and was never chosen to be in a family. At the age of 5, he got into a fight with another kid for the protection of his friend. It was a good deed however, parents see this as reckless and violent so as a result he was always looked over. When Cyrus found out, he would release his anger by getting into more fights.

 Additionally, he stopped putting an effort into making friends because it was meaningless. They always left him behind to a different family, or everyone would distance themselves from him. The caretakers only see the orphanage as a job so they don't pay much attention to the kids.

There was no one to guide him to make the right decisions, thus he ended up in street fights all the time when he got older. Nonetheless, due to all the clashes, his hearing and battle senses are top tier. His motto is to live only for himself, and when it comes to caring about people he don't give two sh*ts. Or that's what he tries to live by.

'where are you?' he frowns slightly. He inspected everything but the desk, so he strides over and to his surprise there lies a little tap bell on top with a press me label. 

'Who would press that in this situation? I'm not an idiot' he laughs. 'Now, let's bait them out shall we?'

He clears his throat, "WOw! WhAt aN inTErEstiNg BEll! I ThINk i SHouLd TAp iT!" He states in a higher volume to be heard clear enough for anyone in the room.

 'If anyone falls for that they're an idiot... so this definitely has to work' he smiles

Acting as if he's about to tap it, muffled laughter reached his ears. 

'Aha! Bingo' Cyrus grins. The sound is coming from underneath the desk, so he sorts a plan to bring the person out 

'That's the most obvious spot you could hide in. Here I'm thinking they were skilled in concealing" shaking his head in disappointment.

'The normal thing to do is to look under the desk but where's the fun in that? The bell must be tampered hearing how they were laughing. I don't exactly know how it's tampered but there's only one way to find out' 

In order to not ring the bell, Cyrus slightly touches the end of the it and slides it over the the desk making it land on top of itself.

BOOM! 

"AHHH WADAFUK!!" A woman screams and bumps her head on the desk. "Ow" she cries.

All of a sudden, a congratulations sign and a disco pops out of nowhere with music playing in the background. 

"What the hell?" Confusion rises in Cyrus's face.

A woman covered in confetti, glitter and frosting comes out from inside the desk and glowers at Cyrus in pain from the explosion. "You were supposed to tap the bell not drop it on me! Didn't you see the press me button?"

"Actually I slid it..." he corrects her "...and who would press that?" 

She groans, "Great"

"Look, I don't know what this is or who you are...", He releases a hostile aura,"...but I'm pretty sure it's common courtesy to not kidnap people. How did you even do it? The last thing I remember is taking a sh*t and then i'm here"

Oh..it's very simple you see. No one has kidnapped you" she smiles not intimidated by him "You died"

"Very funny. Last time I checked..." he breathes two huffs, "...i'm still breathing"

The woman sighs dejectedly "No really.. it was unfortunate actually. While you were busy taking a sh*t...a meteor fell on your head." 

She lays her head on her hand with pity on her face. "How else would you get here? " 

His face twitched, "What? Out of all the possible ways to die.. that's my cause of death?"

She burst out in laughter. "I'm sorry i've always wanted to do that." She wipes her tears.

"I transferred your soul to me, however your body is dead on the toilet since your soul is gone."

"Wow...I'm dead."

"Yes, but it will be worth it in the end" She tries to reassure Cyrus but he didn't care anyways.

"Also It may look like you have your body but because of the room we're in, it solidifies you so you can touch the objects in the room"

"Oh, so it's a new body which is why my scars are gone"

"Yes exactly" she smiles

Cyrus rolls his eyes. "So why did you take my soul?"

"I'll get to that in a sec but you're quite calm most people would freak out… well from what I hear"

"I'm not one to usually panic" 

"Right.. Well let's start over as I completely forgot to introduce myself" She snaps her fingers and all the glitter, confetti and frosting that was on her disappeared as fast as a blink.

Cyrus's face drops in shock. 'Magic?' 

He was going to question her but stopped when he realized he was able to get a better look at her. Her complexion is cognate to hershey kisses with freckles shaped like stars around her nose. Hair is curly and black as night. He wasn't paying much attention before but her almond shaped eyes glowed a bright pink. Cyrus is in awe.

"Welcome and congratulations!" She raises her hands in the air with joy

"My name is Fuschia and you have been chosen to be my representative as the pink core in the dungeon core battle games!"

5