Chapter 1-1 Awakening
77 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“YAHOO~~~~!!”

“What are you? Mario?”

“Don’t be like that dude, look at this view? Isn’t this utterly marvelous. I could look at it all day. Just sitting here below this lone cherry tree. If I were an artist, I would be having the time of my life currently.”

“Ed… Were you always this adventurous? I don’t remember it.”

“Well maybe I was Mike. Even I didn’t know of this. Crazy right?”

“Don’t go completely crazy though. We need to be back before the sun sets. We won’t get any help from the locals if we don’t and to add to that I am tired already.”

“Whenever you want to go say so and I will pack things up. Oh look! A cherry!”

Edward said as he walked under the cherry tree. He jumped up and picked the lonely cherry. It was fully ripe and bigger than any Cherry he had ever seen before. Its purple and almost black color stood out among the tree’s bright green leaves.

“You aren’t planning on eating that right?”

“Of course,… not! Dude, what do you think I am?” Edward added, as he walked closer to the edge of the path. He sat down on the edge of the cliff and as he looked upon the green forest stretching out in front of him he popped the cherry into his mouth. It was extremely tasty and juicy

‘As if there was a chance. I picked it from the tree with the obvious purpose of eating it.’

Edward thought as he munched on the amazingly tasty Cherry. Right when he was about to spit the seed out something weird happened.  The hard seed, melted, as if it had never been there it suddenly melted into his mouth.

Out of nowhere Edward felt raging waves of heat spread through his body. He tried to get up as a reaction to the pain, but he couldn’t move a muscle. In this threatening situation he could do nothing but stay completely still.

It didn’t take long though for the pain to subside, or better put change, as an icy feeling colder than anything else in the world took over. And even that didn’t last long as the final and soft, warm feeling of waking up in the morning after a good night’s sleep slowly started emerging from within.

Suddenly a strong wind smashed right into his face. With his hair blown back and his clothes flapping uncontrollably his eyes were forced open and he looked. As if the wind had pushed away the things blinding him form the truth. He opened his eyes to see a whole new world. An incredible world filled with energy. Everything giving waves and waves of their own peculiar energy.

It was a weird feeling. Having ignored this world, the true world, for all of his life. Having lived In it but not knowing it at all. But then today, from this moment the world itself blasted his eyes open into what he couldn’t see before.

Edward felt incredible. Somehow different than ever before, as if he had just changed form a fit young man to an Olympic athlete. And everything felt very surreal. He knew that he had a slight obsession with Anime, manga, manhwa as well as chinse cultivation novels but this was a bit too much even for him. He truly didn’t believe that something like this could actually happen, but here he was. So excited that he just stared into space for a good 30 minutes.

“Have you finally stopped playing around? What kind of boring shit are you doing dude? No one sits around like that without moving! Are you some kinda robot!?”

Broken out of his stupor Edward turned around and looked at Mike, who was dusting himself off, while whining about anything an everything. It seemed that it was time to leave/

“Get up and help me pack our things… ‘this fucking wind’. We are getting out of here.

Edward really wanted to say something. That he didn’t want to return and that he would be going to stay here forever…. But he couldn’t, he was not only not ready but he also had responsibilities. Even though he called Michael, Mike and they acted like friends the truth is that Michael was the son of his big sister’s boss and they never hit it off so well. Or to be franker, they were never equals in any shape or form.

Mike was an arrogant prick most of the time and the only reason he hanged out with Edward was the satisfaction he got from ordering him around. He didn’t act like a dictator all the time but when he didn’t like something and when he wasn’t having fun then he would get cold and unfriendly real quick. Dropping the façade in a split second.

Without saying anything Edward got up and went around picking and packing stuff up. He didn’t have the time nor did he want to talk to Michael. He was bored of this tenuous relationship long ago. He was Just as ready as anyone to go back and Get away from this stuck-up prick for a while.

They returned to the city from which they took a car ride to the nearest city with an airport. From which they booked a flight back to their home city. With the perk, probably the only one of this relationship, that it was all paid for by Mike.

The next day, late in the evening, Edward finally regained whatever small amounts of freedom he had when he finally reached his small home. Like the servant he was he had just helped Mike with his luggage and was now reaching the house he shared with his big sister.

“Adel! I am back!” He said with unconcealed excitement as he came back home.

Not hearing an answer though brought a sinking feeling to his stomach. When you become a rich mans’ servant you basically have to live some very tough moments. And horrible criminals that never went to jail, would come from time to time and try to take advantage of his sister.

Edward rushed to her bedroom, he tried to turn the handle but it was locked. The sinking feeling, as well as the hope that nothing happened had just disappeared as fear and anger gripped at his heart. With strength no normal man would possibly have Edward kicked the door twice with the wood around the lock breaking the second time. Splinters where flying everywhere as the door flew open to reveal the inside of the room.

Once he came in he saw his big sister weeping without sound on her bed, she was naked with her clothes torn and thrown away haphazardly. Four tall and burly men were unbuckling their belts. Some of them where more focused on groping her all over the place, hands roaming on her bottom and on her breasts. Her legs where being forcibly held open as they where tied to the support posts on the sides of the bed. Her womanhood was there for all to look at, and look they did.  

Edwards’s big sister though didn’t scream or yell, or even resist. Usually they stopped without actually going all the way thanks to the presence of her brother but knowing that he was returning soon they went ahead and decided to go over that line. Even though she knew that she could do nothing she didn’t cry, nor ask for mercy. For the future, college and carrier, of her brother she could do nothing but let herself be raped.

“Oh look who is here! You came home early didn’t you?”

“True that, and we wanted to fuck her without you being here, you know?”

“Yeah! We aren’t monsters, but you are just unlucky, aren’t you?”

“Maybe you knew what was gonna happen and rushed over so you won’t miss it?”

The men talked one after another. Every sentence they said added to Edward’s anger. Scum! That was the only way he could see them. Without questioning the consequences Edward took matters into his own hands.

He run to the leader, who was ready to insert his member into his big sister, who was now wailing loudly for Edward to look away. With all the force he could muster, he punched forward. An inexperienced and simple straight, it had no right to be strong as it showed Edwards lack f training as well as fighting experience.

But with the speed and ferocity given to him after his awakening Edward’s punch reached the man’s head. Chad’s, the leader’s chin, cracked as Edward’s knuckles smashed him. His head spun around as Chad’s legs gave way. His brain was shaking inside his skull as he started to froth in the mouth.

Not having the time or the state of mind to process what had just happened, Edward jumped at the closest enemy. A slanted, diagonal kick came crashing on the man’s legs. The crunch of bones braking sounded out as the bones from the man’s knee flew out from the other side of his leg.

The other two men finally managed to react, but with them being in opposite sides of the room they where quick and easy work. Edward broke the first one’s nose, as well as some teeth, while he smashed the last one’s head onto the floor with the side of his face hitting the ground first leaving his other ear bleeding as he apparently burst an eardrum

With the fight over and done with Edward finally started breathing again. He almost fell down onto the ground as the adrenaline went away and the effects of his first ever fight started making his limbs tremble. He went over to his sister without falling and untied her legs. Letting her close them as he reached into the closet to pass her a set of clothes before working on pulling the men outside of the room and tying them up in the bathroom, which he followed with locking them inside.

He then walked back into his big sisters’ room and hugged her. She cried for a long while, finding comfort in her brother’s hug.

“Adel, I want us to leave immediately.”

“What? How? Where?!” His big sister, Adelaide looked up to match her brother’s eyes as she gasped in surprise.

“We can’t stay here either way. You know these men are sent here by Mike’s father. He will she this as insubordination. I think I know of a great place. We will be safe. As of now only you and me will leave there, and we will have to build our house. But we will have peace. I promise.”

Edward pleaded for his big sister to trust him. He smiled when he was given that trust in the form of a little nod.

With that decided the two of them set to work immediately. Adelaide went about packing suitcases and bags full of clothes, water, food and other necessary things, like pills, ointments and first-aid kits.

While she was doing that Edward gathered all they money they had saved up, though he also took whatever the four men had, and left the house. He jumped into their small and old car and went into the city. He withdrew all the money he could from the bank before closing the account.

Following which he went into the biggest DIY department store and bought everything he needed. Obviously, he didn’t know about everything, and so he asked, nor did he spend all the money. He quickly returned home soon after.

Edward stepped inside, sighing at his big sister anxious figure. She was biting her nails when he came in but she still didn’t notice him as she was fazed out. Edward reached out to her as she came back to her senses and grabbed him.

“Please don’t leave me alone like that again!” She whispered with little strength as he hugged her and let her stand up.

If Edward hadn’t barged into the room at that time then she would have probably given up on living already. Such a horrific event would for sure scar someone. Even if not permanently in the short term it would take a lot for the victim to overcome the trauma.

He calmed her down before breaking up the hug and getting back down to business. He looked at what they were planning on taking with them and decided to change some things.

“Adel, you did well packing up so fast, but for where we are going I doubt clothes will be so important.” Edward said as he opened the bags and took out some of the clothes that where too fancy or the ones that where simply duplicates. They where going to pay extra for every bug of luggage they couldn’t carry to their seats and that would also waste time they didn’t have.

They packed everything up and blasted with top speed all way to the airport.
 *They didn’t actually blast through everything. Exaggeration! *

From there they booked two tickets for the first flight to china. They where lucky enough to only have to wait half an hour before their luggage was taken in, which consisted of 4 bags and two big cases. They paid the extra costs while trying to look as normal as possible and entered the plane. Soon after they where off the ground and safe, at least for now from the Mike’s and his father’s Abel’s clutches.

The flight was long but after managing to all asleep thanks to how tired they where, despite what had transpired, the flight became much shorter. They both woke up when the plane was starting was landing and the wheels bumped on the tarmac.

Finally reaching China they took a taxi to the place where Edward and Michael started their trek. The city they landed in was known as Chengdu. To the east of it there was an enormous mountain range. With Mike and the other they had gone in some almost forgotten paths a little further north-east than the Long Chi national forest park. Edward was planning on going for a short while to the spot he had been the previous day with Mike.

 It was a great place to hide since thanks to the scenic spots and national forests nearby it was full of tourists. What made it even better that Edward was sure that Mike wouldn’t think of this place, right away since in his mind Edward would not take such risks.

Edward and Adelaide started their long trek into the mountain. Having already experienced it twice Edward knew where to go, as well as the few dangerous spots that existed. The path they had taken was quite a ways away from the normal route and hence it was not maintained by the government. Thus after many years left unattended it had collapsed in some places and filled with trees and foliage in others.

At the same spot, under the lone Cherry tree Edward had now set up the big tent that he had just bought at the DIY store. It was meant for a family of four and because of that the space inside was plentiful.

Or at least that was supposed to be the case but with all the stuff they had carried with them the space decreased a lot. Not that it really mattered since it was still noon and after lunch Edward was planning on getting to work.

The tent is great and they will probably use it for a long while but living in a steady and more secure home would always be better, not to mention that Edward felt so full of energy that if he didn’t spend it on building the house he would go crazy.

4