Prologue : A completed vengence.
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the ruins of what looks like a small town, a cloaked man stands tall in a hall inside the remains of a castle. There is only ashes and soot covering the floor, some parts of the furniture are lying and we could only imagine how splendid this hall was before the passage of the fire and time.

Whispering to himself he says : “ ~Ha, I can clearly remember this day. Though everything was fuzzy at that time, I can recall everything... you... have... done, everyone of you… And for yours sins I will be the one to collect them and make you pay the full price.”

The man with the black robe walked a few steps towards the window. The sun dimly lit the room, it hovered a faint scent of charred mixed with dust, recalling the nostalgia of painful and lovely memories now lost in the remaining ashes.

It was a sunset, a scene he enjoyed watching and today more than ever, this one being spécial, as it represents an accomplishment and avenging the ones who were murdered.

Seeing the sun set further and further on the horizon, followed by its colorful reflections lining the landscape and the remains of the crumbling city, he whispered: "It seems like it's time ..."

Behind the man’s shadow were several people tied and lying on the ground, they were mainly men in their forties and few of them with their wife and even children. For this occasion he was able to restore them to their splendor and replicate what they were wearing that day. A white outfit adorned with a gold iris symbol representing one of the factions that the king chose to join.

After hearing the man’s words, some of them panicked and started to cry, some screamed for help, and others were looking with a killing gaze at the man. For they all knew how he is and what they have done to him. Their sentence has been promised since that day. The day they annihilated his family, friends and land.

The man walked towards the main door of the hall, and once passed he stopped for a moment, and gazed at the dusk rays covering the village and the shadows of the remains growing. In his eyes, many emotions were emerging regret, sadness, madness and hatred.

In a span of a second they were all gone , back to the serious and natural one.

A smile appeared on his face and widened, turning half his head to look at the pitiful fools on the grounds, only two words accompanied by the sound of a fingersnap broke the whining of the condemned : “Hell’s Court”.

Suddenly appeared on the ground a small red light, it started shining and began it’s circular rotation around the group leaving behind lines. From that vibrant red lines rose blood flames color following the pattern. A shape emerged from the ground like a bubble and engulfed the whole room, only to explode and left behind everything that remained covered with blood.

The man since long ago knew what’s gonna happen and he knows that it’s only the beginning for these souls. He walked through the desert streets to arrive at the gates, both were destroyed and parts of it were scattered on the ground. Exiting the town, he looked at it one last time. The castle was now dyed blood red by the spell and there was still some blood dripping from the walls and windows.

Leaning against the wall, someone was waiting for him, seeing the black robed man, he asked calmly : “ Is it done, Fane?”

He responded with a smile : “Yes this matter is over. Let’s go back.”

1