1: The Void (Scrapped Start)
1.1k 5 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking home from the gas station was exceptionally mundane like most other times I've been out the house. Even so tonight may yet surprise me like the last time I left the house there was a homeless man begging for the cigarette in my hand even going as far as to attempt to grab me just to get it. Yet even though the night may be as boring as usual the moon is still exceptionally beautiful even at a half moon the silvery glow it emits is quite alluring almost as if it would pull you of the planet if you were stare for too long.

~shink~

'who was that' I thought as a figure ran past me with blood on it's forearm and a smile on it's face. Then it stopped and turned back and it was simply monstrous long gangly limbs that seemed to pulsate with an irregular rhythm it's face looked as if it were crossed between a fish ,a wolf ,and a human. While I stared at it I failed to notice that it was slowly creeping forward until it stopped in front of me and thrusted it's clawed hand through my heart. Then it disappeared as if it had never existed leaving only the hole in my chest as proof of it's existence.

I fell limp on the pavement as all the blood in my body leaked out, yet even despite my imminent death it felt calming just to stare at the moon even if it was the last time I would see it shining so brilliantly in the sky.


"Child"

" Void Caller"

"Wake up"

The voices whispered continuously into my head as I fell deeper into the inky blackness of this seemingly endless abyss. Until one of them screamed "WAKE UP CHILD" into my mind did I finally open my eyes to which I was greeted with a space made of darkness with a few stars intermixed about the darkness it is similar to what space looks like when all other light is drowned out except far less stars. "where am I" I thought out loud only to be answered with and eerie "The Void" as a response from all of the voices simultaneously.

"What is the Void?"

"The Void is the space between reality"

"..." 'the fuck does that mean!?'

"It means that we are none existence"

'are they reading my mind?'

"We are indeed"

"Hmmm... Well anyways why am I here I thought I died"

"You were indeed killed by a shifter, we brought our favored child to greet us"

'Favored Child? Shifter?' "What does that mean?"

"We wished to speak with the first Void child in a few billion years... we were lonely"

"What was that last bit?"

"..."

"Well anyways I assume you have something else you wish to tell me"

"hmm... Clever child the Void wishes to continue conversing with you in the future so we thought best to give you a new life so your soul is not reabsorbed"

"Reabsorbed?"

"Your soul is born of the Void and thus without a vessel it will be reabsorbed"

"Ahh so what happens to normal souls?"

"they reincarnate after their memories have been cleared and absorbed by the void"

"Will I lose mine when you give me new life"

"Some, I can't save what is already gone"

"Sounds like a pretty good deal so what's the catch"

"You must visit us occasionally ,and speak with us"

"That seems like a pretty low price for a new existence"

"yes, well it appears that our time is fleeting will you accept our deal"

"don't see why not... Ahh wait how do I contact you?"

"we will meet again... goodbye Rin"

Then I blacked out and fell back into the darkness.

17