12: Anima
794 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been about a week since I joined the party and because of this I've learned a lot about the beast continent firstly it's almost a tribal society if I had to describe it. I suppose a more accurate description would be that there are tributary states with one tribe holding the mandate which is decided by a duel at the end of the beast lords life between the previous beast lords chosen successor and any challengers. The country itself has no name, but the tributary states do and are divided based on type because beaskin encompass basically every animal under the sun, however 2 kingdoms are mixed, and those would be Subterania, and the capital of beastcountry Bal. The rest of the kingdoms are Ungular, Carvera, Av, Reptalia, and The Vulpin Isles. Ungular is largely composed of herbivore based beastkin such as Tor and Amelia; Carvera is the opposite and is mostly comprised of Omnivore and Carnivore based Beastkin such as Elise and Ben; Av is comprised of avian Beastkin, and Reptalia reptillian; The Vulpin Isles are entirely composed of Foxkin and there are about 9 major Isles and hundreds of minor islands one such minor island chain is uninhabited and shrouded in mist the exact number of islands is unknown but it is said to be the homeland of the Moonfire foxkin. The most annoying part of gaining this information was explaining that I have never been to the Beastkin continent and have lived in the forest my entire life.

We are currently on a bandit subjugation request which mind you is a C ranked mission and I am only F ranked so I'm not sure what they have in store for me. Our strategy for taking out the bandits is to utilize one of my darkness magic spells [Lullaby] which has a very comprehensive description as to what it is [Lullaby: We turned the curses so they rhymed and called them lullabies; Effect: Lulls a targeted group to sleep effect becomes stronger as they stand in the effected area] so it's essentially a curse that makes you sleep. Our plan for it is to use it over the entire bandit camp which will take almost all of my Mp but it doesn't matter too much 'cause it regenerates pretty fast, then we wait for it to dis-spell and then we charge in and capture the bandits as well as loot their stuff.

It's currently about 1 in the morning and we're starting the attack one because it's pitch black out and two Mae was hungry and being loud, well there were two other groups that were being loud earlier so I suppose it's not that bad. Anyways I cast the spell and now all that's left is to wait so I decided to talk to Vivianne for a bit.

'Mom, is there anything useful in that camp?'

'when did you figure out you could mentally speak to me? and yes there happens to be a high level anima core in that camp.'

'What's an anima core? and I didn't I just figured it'd work'

'Hmm good girl, and it's essentially a golem core.'

'Well what's the difference?'

'While a golem is a program controlling a body, an anima starts of similar to a golem however as they age they gain sentience essentially creating a living being out of non living materials, though they lack free will and are bound to serve a bloodline so long as it exists'

'That sounds incredibly useful perhaps I should make one?'

'I agree however they look like a normal monster core so you must play it of as such, considering they are incredibly valueable'

'Got it thank's mom... ohh it looks like most of the camp is asleep I'll get back to you later.'

'you're welcome'

"Guy's most of the camp is asleep let's go"

After saying that Tor, Ben, and Elise charged in while Amelia and I shot magic at the remaining few awake and bound the unconscious I also told Socks to go grab the anima core wherever it may be. shortly afterward a large explosion goes of and a large man wielding a battle ax that emits fire appears in front of Ben's shield.

"HAHAHAH! Beasty ones have come to subjugate me I see perhaps I will enslave you instead!" He says while swinging his ax towards Ben.

[Ice wall]

I cast the spell in front of his ax mid swing which then breaks through the wall, but due to this his ax goes of course and goes above Ben's head instead of into it. Ben then smashes his shield into ax man which breaks his posture while Elise goes in for a backstab with her knife. Before the knife connects though ax man twirls his ax around his back deflecting it. By this point I've already put my stealth spells on and drawn my glaive Tor is currently indisposed with some other bandits while Amelia is backing him up. I sneak up on his side and stab my glaive into his knee whilst using earth magic to disrupt his footing giving Ben and Elise a moment to back up. Ben then kicks the mans other foot causing his body to jerk forward which then causes my glaive to takes off his knee releasing it from his body, then as his body is falling Elise goes in and stabs the back of his neck separating the vertebrae from his skull killing him instantly.

A couple hours later we've cleared up the camp with most of the bandits are either dead or tied up at this moment Socks discretely comes back to me with the anima core in her jaws, I then stash it in my shadow storage and continue to help the rest of the party loot. The loot we gained from this journey consists of 4 A ranked monster cores, 20 B ranked monster cores, 61 C ranked monster cores, The Ax of Flame, several other mundane weapons, about 400 gold pieces, 700 silver, some armor, several sets of both women's and men's cloths, and lastly the anima core but that's just for me. Luckily this was a good turn out for us because the guild doesn't pay for bandit subjugation but in turn you get whatever you loot. We then decided to have Elise run back to town to get the guard so they can pick up the bandits while the rest of us rest and wait.

The next day Elise is back and immediately passes out after telling us that the guard should be here in a few hours. Later the guard arrives and we head back to town with them and get out bounty at the gate house and decide to split the loot tomorrow. I head back to the inn feed Mae and go to bed.

Early in the morning we meet up at Beasts Burden for breakfast and start splitting the loot.

"I only want 100 silver and 1 fifth of the bounty the rest you can split among yourselves"

Elise pipes up "No we can't do that you did far too much work for such a little reward!"

"I already found what I want, unfortunately I cannot speak I can't speak it aloud because it would likely cause trouble."

Tor looks deep in thought for a moment and speaks "I suppose I can agree but you have to tell us once you can."

"Aye Aye captain." I say while the rest of the party starts splitting the loot we then split up in pairs Me with Mae, Tor and Amelia, and then Ben and Elise. Me currently 200 gold and 100 silver richer head back into the forest and start making my way to my sanctuary.

It takes me the rest of the day to make it home between killing monsters and feeding the little one. But once I get there I call out 'mom how do I make an anima?'

'You first sculpt the body, then you put the core in, but first identify the core to see how many elements it can support'

[Identify]

[SS Ranked Anima core: Capable of supporting 3 tangible elements and one intangible; This core has achieved basic Sentience though once activated it will lose memory of it's previous owner]

"HOLY crap SS rank!"

'All anima cores are A ranked and above this will create a mid tier anima'

"Well that's a little more reassuring... now what shape do I make it" Socks won't let me ride her so I figure a mount would be a good use of it mostly 'cause I don't need a maid or butler so I guess so I guess some kind of horse, well now what mythical variations of horses are there. So we have a Kelpie, Unicorn, Pegasus, Bicorn, Hippogriff, Hippocampus, Sliepnir, Alicorn... I kinda want an Alicorn but I also want a Bicorn... So lets make an Alicorn with two horns! and I shall call it a Balicorn... hehehe I'm a genius.

'The creature you're thinking of is called a Pegasi Aethiopici'

'I didn't ask you... fun ruiner'

Well anyways lets get to work, I want the body made of Bismuth, I want the horns and hoofs to be made out of glass and I want the wings and hair to be made of Ice and snow, and I shall grant it the intangible element of Ash which will be stored in the eyes. [Create] [Ding] after the spell activates my mana drains incredibly quickly as the body of the anima rises out of the ground and as water crystallizes in the shape of wings. What seems like forever passes until I'm left with about 1% of my mana and a lifeless sculpture of my mount I then take the anima core out and push it into the chest of the creation and as I do the sculpture ripples and the core passes through the surface and is absorbed.

[Anima Created]

[Name your Bloodline Servant]

"Vitri"

I then look at Vitri and witness it's body form a thin layer of glass around the more rough bismuth giving the creature a sort of skin while small pieces of ice form on top of the glass as if imitating hair. The eyes then look a deep red as burning ash emanates out of them. The creature then bows to me.

"Follow me, If you can get smaller and or enter the soul space do so 'cause I'm going to sleep" after I say that Vitri shrinks to the size of a miniature horse and I go into my sanctuary put Mae in her crib and flop into my bed and pass out.

Name: Rin Inanis Moonfire Race: Void Moonfire Foxkin Age: 22 Sex: F

Cultivation Level: Tier 1 - 467/10000 [xp 341/4000 lv7] Technique: Void Orchids Moonfire Mantra 

Soulspace: Tier Ñὃէ Ẩῦǟιŀąƀľȩ [хῥ Ò/ΊἸƻɜ9θƼ-IƻӠ77ƨӠϑЧÏȮ9Ց]

Hp: 650/650 +10/min         Mp: 140/1775 +25/sec

Str: 175 Dex: 250 Con: 170 Defence: 50

Int: 250 Wis: 410 Cha: 175 Evasion: 100

Stat Points: 0 

Skills:

Mana Manipulation lv9, Mana Perception lv7, Darkness Magic lv4, Void Magic lv4, Fire Magic lv6, Identify lv7, Glaive Mastery lv3, Shadow Storage lv5, Earth Magic lv4, Temperature Magic lv5, Glass Magic lv5, Water Magic lv3, Ice Magic lv4, Pain Resistance lv7, Multicast lv6, Wind Magic lv3, Ash Magic lv3, Lunar magic lv4, Beastial Shape lv2, Stealth lv3, Trap making lv3, Trap detection lv3, Sense Presence lv5, Creation Magic lv1 (New)

Titles:

Void Caller, Child of the Void, Demi-Spirit, Eye of the Void, Daughter of the Moon, Queen Moonfire Foxkin, Ancestral Moonfire Foxkin

Condition:

Mana Exhaust

[Creation Magic: Allows Combining learned magics to create objects: Requires Multicast]

Series thus far?
  • good Votes: 37 88.1%
  • bad Votes: 0 0.0%
  • average Votes: 5 11.9%
  • other (Leave a comment to explain) Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 42
13