1: A forest the Sun cannot reach
324 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Where am I? Is the first thought I had entering this unfamiliar place, though I say unfamiliar perhaps I should say new. As for me, no place is truly familiar, aside from perhaps the blackness I had resided in for the past however long. Time to me is irrelevant I've spent so long in that blackness that I could no longer feel it, time is no longer a concept in my mind. Well, that is if I could comprehend time, I don't really know what time is anymore I feel I once knew, but that period feels vague and untouchable. All I really know now are words and their meaning, but now I lack the experience to say I know what they are.

Take 'they' for example it refers to the words as a group and personifies them, and 'they' can describe multiple things, such as according to my recollection 'people'. Though I'm unsure what people are, I understand that it's a collection of something, but I don't understand the difference between it and words, they are both collections, therefore, they should be the same. However whenever I think that it feels innately wrong, despite the previous statements inherent rightness, but then perhaps I misunderstand 'collections' perhaps there is an innate difference between them.

However that is beside the point firstly I should figure out where I am, sadly though I can only say I am here because I cannot compare the scenery before me with anything despite its nostalgia.

Large winding pillars that divide toward the top, then said divided sections continue dividing or create a semi ovular shapes that rustle occasionally. I would describe it as a tree as based off my knowledge of a tree it should look something like this, however, I was sure trees were for one brown, and green, were as these pillars are black and red.

Secondly, I believe trees do not grow in enclosed spaces.

The leaves of the false trees, glow slightly which is... odd, however, I too am glowing though less strongly so I suppose I can't judge my phosphorescent fellows. Despite said glow, it is still incredibly dark only through touch can I tell what the surface of the ground is.

The mossy ground squelches under my probing. Revealing to me that under the moss is in fact not dirt but stone. It also reveals to me that my hands are not what they should be at least according to my knowledge. I should be a being called a 'Human' however I also believe that human skin does not look like a night sky, which shifts like fire. Though thankfully it's limited to my hands, waist, and lower leg, I am also aware that humans do not have pointed ears like myself either. My hair I suppose is normalish being a near-black blue, though it's a bit long reaching to around the middle of my back, however, I lack instruments to cut it so I suppose I'll leave it. My face feels fairly normal except I feel my eyes are larger than they should be. Yet the strangest part of my being is that my body is very clearly feminine based on human standards despite I myself feeling that I should be more masculine, but I don't really know why. At least my breasts aren't overly large and my height is reasonable.

"gigigigi"

A noise I could only describe as a baby that's gained a pubescent teenagers voice. When I turn to look at it I see a small figure with large eyes and ears peering at me. Its eyes hold a lustful expression, which makes me feel slight danger.

The being charges at me and puts its arms out to grab at me. I attempt to avoid it however it's hand still contacts my stomach, yet unexpectedly it's hand passed through my stomach as if it were air.

I'm surprised by this strange course of events but react as best as I can by putting distance between us as the being is hugging air and attempting to kiss the space.

The being soon realizes that it's touching nothing and starts sniffing around for me, however, I by this point have climbed a false tree, sadly the beast's nose is capable and soon finds itself under my tree looking around while minorly confused at the lack of its toy.

I by this point feel that it's best to kill it so that I don't have to deal with it, so taking advantage of its idiocy I drop from the tree and jab towards it, sadly I regretted my action because as soon as my fingers connect with its skull my arm will pass through it.

Or so I thought, in fact, my fingers did not pass through and instead morphed into claws which effortlessly passed through the beings skull, causing bits of brain and blood to erupt from its eyes, and skull, leaving my arm plastered in its gore.

Soon afterwards the body started to turn into bits of red paste and was absorbed into my arm which then started emitting black smoke.

[Due to the host fulfilling a trial set by the goddess, hosts system has been reinstated]

System? was that the voice in my head?

[This system module was created by the Queen of Hel, to facilitate, and adapt sinful souls into a new life on Reias]

Perhaps this system can answer my questions? System where am I?

[The host is currently on the first floor of the C ranked dungeon known as the Forever Dark Forest, in the far north of the continent Irsminhul]

Dungeon huh, well the rest of that was useless as of current. but does the system know this! Who am I!?

[The host is currently a female hybrid between a Demon known as a Djinn and a Spiritkin known as a Deep Elf, host currently lacks a name, for more information voice Status, either out loud or in your head]

I figured I was female, however, I wasn't sure if I was human or not so I suppose I have an answer now, anyways 'status'

Name: 

Sex: F

Age: ??

Race: Spiritkin/Demon (50%/50%)

Specie: Half-Djinn Lv: 1/500 Essence 0/10

Hp: 50/50

Mp: 150/150

Strength: 14

Defense: 3

Endurance: 5

Agility: 20

Dexterity: 15

Intelligence: 5

Stat Points: 0

Skills:

Skill points: 0

weapon shift lv1, dark vision lvMax, incorporeal lv1, wish lv1, natural ash aspect lv1, absorb

Weaknesses and Resistances:

Minor weakness to light and holy magic, Weakness to Ice attribute, Weakness to Water attribute, Immunity to Fire attribute, Immunity to Ash attribute, minor resistance to dark magic and curses, Cannot tell lies

Titles:

One wronged by the gods, Ashwalker, Eternally Youthful, Disciple of the Smouldering God

Hmmm, I don't know if it's good but the fact that I lack a name is inexplicably saddening, perhaps I can name myself?

System am I allowed to name myself?

[The Smoldering God has taken pity on you and granted you the name Rin Ashfall]

Not bad... can the System send my thanks?

[The host is incapable of sending messages to the gods]

That's unfortunate, but for now, I should consider my next course of action.

[Mission given:

Defeat 5 cave goblins

Reward: 1 set of clothes, basic regional knowledge, and general knowledge]

Hmm, what's a cave goblin?

[The host previously defeated a cave goblin via impaling its head]

So that's what those are called so I just need to find more? Shouldn't be too hard with my dark vision because compared to before the system was implemented I could only really see silhouettes. Whereas now I see as if it were a bright summer day, I also see this as quite the advantage over the goblins because it's painfully obvious that they lack my degree of dark vision. This assumption is purely based on the fact that the goblin I fought before sniffed me out instead of looking around.

after my thoughts, I immediately scan my surroundings and climb one of the false trees using my weapon shift skill which gives my hands and feet claws.

I soon found that climbing from tree to tree is inefficient however it is necessary to maintain the element of surprise.

[~Ding~ Climbing lv1 achieved]

I ignore the notification and continue my journey with only the slightest bit more ease.

[~Ding~ Stealth lv1 achieved]

Soon enough I found myself at the edge of a small clearing with a small stream running through it. In the clearing exists a troop of about 14 goblins, 12 being the same as the grey one I fought earlier while the other two were about the same height as me. Which doesn't really amount to much considering I'm only about 1.5 meters tall, regardless, I still believe that killing them all at the same time is still possible if I can draw them to myself.

The goblins as I know have a good sense of smell so I would assume that scent would be the best way to attract them yet I don't really have anything that could attract them... wait no I have an idea though I feel a bit uncomfortable thinking about it.

Shortly afterwards I get comfortable on a nearby branch and get to work... it only took about 20 minutes and the goblins are already running towards me while drooling though I feel a bit tired, by the time they get here it should be fine... [Title acquired "Golden Ratio"]

The two larger goblins soon find themselves under my tree with the other 12 only a short ways behind them. I similar to how I killed the first goblin drop from the tree and slash my claws towards the two goblins. They not expecting the attack suffered from their faces being ripped off as well as their skulls being slashed causing blood to gush out along with brain matter, and bits of flesh

dropping the meat chunks I sprint towards the now shell shocked group who can only hesitantly raise their clawed hands towards the lovely threat.

The girl in a feral stance tears towards the group with a smile, she immediately rips out the throat of the front runner, then proceeds to kick her clawed foot into the next goblin causing its head to crumble under the force. The rest of the goblins attempt to hit her with their claws but they only pass through her harmlessly as she continues to rampage. She kills another 3 goblins by morphing her hand into a long sword and swiping it through their heads causing the viscera to spray on the goblins behind them. Her hand then shifts back into a claw and rends the goblin attempting to hit her from behind killing it instantly. The girl then morphs her leg and gives her shin a sharp edge which she then uses to decapitate 4 more goblins leaving one alive. The goblin then attempts to run, however, the girl sprints after it and puts her clawed hand into it's back and crushes its heart.

[Host has killed 12 Cave Goblins and 2 Cave Hobgoblins; Host has completed the mission, awarding host; Host can choose to absorb the Goblins corpses for essence or accept the dungeons rewards]

The Clothes that were promised appeared on a blue window showcasing my naked body. I tapped the icons representing the bra and panties first which appeared on the model they were a black lace which complemented my dark grey skin and red eyes at least I think. I then clicked on the pants and boots icons and they too appeared. The pants are black and tight but appeared flexible, they showcased a large window on the hips and thigh with a large belt. The boots were black and had a red metal plating that formed shin and toe guards while also having sharp ridges on the toes to facilitate kicking. Lastly, I clicked the shirt Icon which consisted of a black open back and shoulder turtle neck which appeared to be fairly tight around the top while being loose at the bottom. The turtle neck also appeared to be usable as a mask given the amount of fabric used. The screen also had hair ties which I used to make a high pony tale whilst leaving some hair to frame the face. I then clicked the accept button and my body glowed for a short while and then I was fully clothed with the clothes from the menu except for the bra, but the sweater had built-in support so it wasn't a problem.

Now that I'm clothed, System what was that about the essence?

[Host can choose to absorb the goblin corpses for essence or accept the dungeons rewards]

Hmm, can you tell me the benefits?

[Djinn and Half-Djinn are incapable of gaining XP instead they absorb the corpses of dead creatures or plants to level up. Dungeon rewards are randomly assigned from a reward pool for each monster]

hmm, that's an easy question then absorb. After mentally stating my response all the goblins become a red paste and are absorbed into my body with familiar black smoke being released.

[Host has gained 360 Essence; Host has advanced to Level 10, class function unlocked, please visit a shrine to choose a class; Essence 30/70]

That's nice but unfortunately, I have to way to get to a shrine, for now at least. anyways 'Status'

Name: Rin Ashfall

Sex: F

Age: ??

Race: Spiritkin/Demon (50%/50%)

Specie: Half-Djinn Lv: 10/500 Essence 30/70

Hp: 96/96

Mp: 234/234

Strength: 14

Defense: 3->6

Endurance: 5->12

Agility: 20

Dexterity: 15->20

Intelligence: 5->10

Stat Points: 20->0

Skills:

Skill points: 20

weapon shift lv1, dark vision lvMax, incorporeal lv1, wish lv1, natural ash aspect lv1, absorb, climbing lv1, stealth lv1

Weaknesses and Resistances:

Minor weakness to light and holy magic, Weakness to Ice attribute, Weakness to Water attribute, Immunity to Fire attribute, Immunity to Ash attribute, minor resistance to dark magic and curses, Cannot tell lies

Titles:

One Wronged by the gods, Ashwalker, Eternally Youthful, Disciple of the Smouldering God, Golden Ratio

Hmmm, alright, Hey system you said I'd get knowledge right?

Suddenly a splitting headache assaulted me. "AAAAAAA!" Was that me? It was kinda cute and dainty I like it.

In a couple of minutes the headache dies down and I'm greeted with information about the world and the region.

Huh, so the dungeon is only a days walk from town and is frequented by adventurers because the floors are easy but the difficulty increases drastically from level to level thus making the first floor like a G ranked dungeon.

"H-HELP! PLEASE!"


[Weapon shift: is a combination skill between the skill shift and natural weapon, allows the user to change the shapes of their limbs and weaponize them, as well as vary the hardness.]

[Incorporea: Allows the user to become immune to physical attacks lacking an attribute, while increasing magic damage and attribute damage. 10/mp per minute]

[Wish: Exclusive to Djinn and Half-Djinn. Grants a wish for someone (including the skill user) for something of equal or greater value; also allows for a free wish which is randomized with infinite possibilities]

[Natural ash aspect: adds ash attributed damage to every attack the user does with the body or mana infused weapon]

[The one wronged by the gods: This being has been punished for a sin despite it not being their fault]

[Ashwalker: One who walks the smouldering path, grants [Natural ash aspect] to titleholder]

[Eternally Youthful: Titleholder cannot age but can die with other means]

[Disciple of the Smouldering God: One who chooses to follow the path of living end to burn their enemies]

[Golden Ratio: One who's perfect body inspires lust for all who see, provides physical corrections to make the titleholders body that of the perfect beauty (adjusted for height){Granted by willingly showing the least desirable creature ones most precious appearance}]


I don't know if Russles_Silverware reads this story of mine too, but if you do how's the sentence structure, It took me an extra hour or so but for the sake of better writing we must endure. Anyways sorry for the late upload y'all I was a bit distracted by school and Monster hunter world, but I got to it so I hope you liked it.

9