Chapter 4: Daywalker, the Vampire Hero
501 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Literally, a flash. It had been a couple months since the first emergence and it started snowing in texas. Me and Jen were just hanging out indoors until a flash of light ran through the entire building, then the same loud noise that woke me up in the airport terminal.

“Fuck, it’s happening again!?” I got up from the couch and put on my jacket with newly sewn wing-holes. I had found a love for sewing and the like during these two months. Cosplay style stuff was up my alley.

“Gonna head out?” Jen asked me while I was putting on a full face-mask

“Yep. Be sure to lock all the locks this time.” 

Whilst these two months were going I also had decided to become a hero. A little. I wasn’t necessarily trying that hard when I knew the companies getting fucked over were messed up at their core. That pissed Seraph off, but she’s also a frigid bitch, so I couldn’t give a fuck. So I quickly dressed, having figured out super-speed activation and then ran out the door.

Nobody really understood my abilities because I have a no-skin revealing suit, but I was going by Daywalker, so everyone generally figured out what I became after emergence. I got to the city square just in time to see some asshat pulling a gun on a newly emerged.

To him I appeared out of nowhere and broke his wrist “Y’know, in america we have laws against murder for a reason.” I grabbed the gun and dismantled it, tossing it into the snow in the distance. “You clearly shouldn’t be trusted with a gun.”

I then looked at the newly emerged. It seemed to be an enraged wolf. But it has a horn coming out of it’s head. Thing looks brutal too. I approached with my hands up, it lunged at me, probably just scared shitless, So I let it peirce me without a second thought. I scratched it behind its ears. Eventually the horn started retreating and my wound started healing up.

It seems that the horned wolf was a kid. I picked him up and moved quickly again, this time to the police station. Yes, I know they suck, but I can’t exactly return him to his home, since I don’t know where it is.

I dropped him off and then took off towards another location. The snow was too hard to run in now so I started flying. A few people shot me, but I can’t be asked to give a shit when my wings heal too.

This time there was someone that wasn’t enraged. They were doing this on purpose.

I flew in and tackled the man, he had a fireball generation emergence. They explode on impact. He tried it on me. But as a daywalker, fire actually doesn’t have much effect compared to a normal vampire. It still pissed me off enough to want to take a sip out of him, since I knew it hurt like a bitch when I did it to someone, at least with wings out. 

I fell off him with a chuckle and said “Y’know, I could totally go for a bite right now.” He had blown off the lower part of my mask. “And you’re lookin’ real tasty.” I cracked my knuckles and grappled him, tossing him to the ground and restraining him in an instant.

I was coming closer and closer to taking a bite when sunshine-cun- I mean Seraph came out and yelled at me again.

“You call yourself a hero when you’d kill a man on purpose!?”

“Pff. I’ve seen your fights. As soon as you get insulted you go for the throat. He nearly blew me up. I deserve a bite.”

“No, murder is wrong”

“Bitch I’m an undead and I’m still less frigid than you. Plus that was just intimidation. His blood would probably taste like the white trash he is. And you know as well as I do that my bites aren’t instant death. They can sometimes cause it if I am pissed off enough at someone, but that generally doesn’t happen. Quit using every opportunity to have a dick measuring contest over whose morals are just.” I forgot to mention that he has a swastika tattooed on his neck. “I also don’t want to taste what hitler tastes like.” I am still grappling the man while this conversation is happening. He is positioned above me and I have him choke held. “My bites hurt like being stung by a murder hornet, but they don’t kill. I don’t poison my fangs.” Eventually he falls over, passed out from lack of oxygen. “There, if you’re so intent to save a nazi, then do it.” I shove him off me and into the snow, then I take off before Seraph tries to throw some evangelical bullshit at me again just because I’m a vampire.

Eventually I finally made it out of that hell-hole, things calmed down across the board, so I decided it was time I returned to recover my energy.

I flew back home eventually. Greeted by Jen saying “So, how was it out there, May?”

“Not as bad as the first time, Sunshine Cunt showed up to stop me from biting into a Neo-Nazi though.”

“You really shouldn’t call her that. But I get ya.”

“Have you seen her? She’s an evangelical windbag with skills that let her think she can boss people around. She threatens me with whatever the fuck sunlight bullshit she has because she thinks I’m just a simple vampire despite my goddamn name being “Daywalker” I came this close to drinking from her.” I held up my hand to signify how unbelievably close I came to draining her because of how pissed I was.

“Coffee’s in the pot, meat’s in the fridge. You know the drill when you’re like this.”

Truth be told things had calmed down enough for me and her to walk around like this during the first month, that was also when I decided to be a hero that would show up others. Zero deaths so far. What I said to the evangelical prick was just me stirring her up more. I’ve never drained someone completely. Only bitten hands that were getting a bit too uppity. Why did I decide to show up the other heroes? I saw a fucking child die, and one of these retards decided that their life didn’t matter.

That was also when we found out that when I get pissed I get thirsty for blood. I nearly lunged at the hero who killed that child before Jen could stop me. Luckily she seems to be able to control the wind. She blasted me back towards her and carried me back home.

According to her my eyes were completely bloodshot, my body was whiter than snow, and the veins on me were black. My fangs were almost sabertooth tusks in length. She had to knock me out before I would finally stop trying to lunge at the hero. I woke up that day with a massive slab of raw cow meat to the face. I sunk my fangs in without thinking. Drying it out into basically sand. But sticking raw cow meat in your mouth is really fucking gross tasting, so I made really strong coffee and swished it around in my mouth before sucking it through my fangs again.

And that became the routine when I came home pissed enough to drain someone after hero-ing around. Cow meat, coffee.

I grabbed the meat, we now just get ground beef hocks because it’s easier and makes less of a mess when the meat turns to dust, And insert one of my fangs through the plastic packaging. I felt a surge of vitality and the packaging dried out like a raisin.

I tossed the packaging into the trash then grabbed the coffee pot, stuck my tongue inside the coffee, then dipped a fang in to drink the coffee in.

I felt less cold and as I looked at my hand my veins had started to change back to the standard blue color.

12