Vol 03 Ch06: Infiltrate The Crusader
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 06A: Infiltrate The Crusader – Board The Ships

So lets go over this one more time.” Alicia's voice comes through my earpiece.

I'm riding in one of the two Dual-Cores with Wolfy, Alicia and Kuro-san are in the other. I'm glad that I finally get the chance to sit in the pilot seat this time.

The Dual-Cores are similar to Tri-Capsules apart from there being only two capsules compared to the Tri-Capsule's three.

The Crusader is made up of a fleet of four ships. The flagship which we have codenamed Alpha can control the other three, Beta, Gamma, and Delta remotely. By default Beta, Gamma, and Delta remain in a triangle formation around Alpha.”

Alicia, when we codenamed them, why did we skip epsilon and go straight to delta?” I ask.

....”

....”

Everyone's silent, I guess they don't understand this absurdity any more than I do.

"Your genius strikes again, Master." 

Huh? What does my genius have to do with stating the obvious?

Moving on,” Alicia continues, “Crusader Alpha is protected by a barrier generated externally through Beta, Gamma, and Delta. So the first thing we need to do is disable this barrier.”

Each ship has a main generator, if we can shut them all down the Crusader will lose its firepower.” Kuro-san supplements.

"Between us, we must take over the three sub ships. Once we have gained control of them we shall use the cards Father gave us to invoke that technique. Finally, we will capture Alpha."

In addition, if we find Lilicia-sama we will take her into protective custody.” Kuro-san adds.

I really love the way you make it sound easy.” I say sarcastically. But I don't like it how saving Lilicia-chan seems to be optional. She's my main objective, destroying the Crusader is secondary.

It's not easy, in fact, it would be more unusual if we were to succeed. But we must.” Alicia responds.

I know, I've got one scum bag to throw into an asylum and one to circumcise.” Disturb, Cock, I swear on my beauty, your days are numbered.

We will definitely succeed, Master.” Wolfy encourages.

Yes, I've got my pair of pliers ready for the cutting.

Thousands of various coloured lights are shooting through the sky, are those...

We've arrived, we'll have a visual of the Crusader shortly,” Kuro-san reports. And no sooner does a fleet of four ships come into view along with several Tri-Capsules and Dual-Cores.

The shooting lasers illuminate the sky like disco lights. Forcefields block all the beams shot at the Crusader.

Boom!! - A Dual-Core is shot out the sky and explodes. Lives are being flickered out in an instant. This is a true battle.

The Dual-Cores and Tri-Capsules fly in from every angle blasting their lasers at every opportunity. However, against the Crusader's defence, their actions are meaningless. And the Crusader is continuously shooting its own lasers and missiles.

One of the Crusaders starts gathering an immense amount of dark coloured energy and fires it at a group of Tri-Capsules. The dark energy continues on through the horizon but the ones caught by the ball don't have a single trace remaining.

What a terrifying weapon,” I whisper to myself. If this thing started firing on a city, it would be well beyond a tragedy.

We have to stop it, no matter what!!

Yuichi, Alicia-san,” Ren's voice comes through my earpiece.

Ren, you're here?” I call back, “Long time no see.” Well it hasn't actually been that long, but who cares?

The Capital is in danger, of course we the noble Cerberus will take action,” Elizabeth states. Still as haughty as ever.

Master!!” A stray laser shoots towards our Dual-Core, I skilfully avoid the attack.

Tch, how are we meant to board the Crusaders with all this mayhem.” I ask as I dodge another attack, and create a silver wall to block another.

Beep beep! - A transmission?

I put it through, “Hello, you've reached the great Yuichi Shiro, if you're a beautiful girl and desire a night of passion, please approach me in person.”

No, Sir. I am fourth commander of Tartarus Thanatos-sama's Air force. We have been requested to aid you in your mission, Yuichi Shiro-sama.” A strong voice replies. I see, Father must have requested them.

We shall attack the shields at these coordinates, this will temporarily create a hole just big enough for you to slip through.” I see.

The many fleets of Dual-Cores and Tri-Capsules suddenly form three big units taking aim at Beta, Gamma, and Delta.

Yuichi, Wolfy, you two take Beta. Kuro-san and I will take Delta, which leaves...” Alicia starts giving orders.

Then we're to take Gamma.” Ren finishes.

No,” Reno's voice cuts in, “We need to better place our forces, therefore...”

Wait Reno, what are you doing!?” Elizabeth's voice shouts in shock. When suddenly a stray capsule flies to the other end of the battlefield. “RENNNNOOO!!” Elizabeth's voice screams as the capsule dodges the many lasers by mere inches.

The capsule attaches itself onto Alicia's Dual-Core turning it into a Tri-Capsule. “What is the meaning of this, Reno!!” Elizabeth yells with a croaky voice. Reno essentially made her run a marathon through a minefield.

Ren-nii and I will be enough to handle Gamma. So help with Delta, Onee-sama.” Reno chuckles slightly at his sister's fright. Ren, I think your brother-in-law is a natural sadist.

I'll get you back for this, Reno! And if Ren-sama gets so much as a scratch then I'll...”

Well, that's the way it is, please look after my sister, Alicia-san, Kuro-san.” Reno ignores her.

Are you all ready? Once we break the barrier you will have only seconds to get through.” The Commander states. We move towards our respective targets and camouflage ourselves within the crowd.

Everyone, fire in T minus five seconds, four, three, two, one, FIRE!!” A huge blitz of lasers shoot and intersect at the same point. Seeing this makes me feel like I'm starring in a sci-fi movie. Well, my beautiful acting career can wait until after this conflict is over.

Beta's barrier blocks the initial attack but the barrage doesn't let up and slowly a crack appears.

Everyone, cease fire!!” The commander orders, “Go Yuichi-sama, we entrust our master to you!!”

Thank you Commander!!” With everyone's feelings resting on my shoulders I accelerate the Dual-Core to its maximum speed.

The barrier is quickly regenerating, I need to get through. I grit my teeth as I entrust our fate to the Dual-Core's speed, “MAKE IT!!!” I scream as the Dual-Core breaches the barrier a mere second before it fixed itself.

The Crusader's lasers concentrate their aims onto me. I dodge left and right through the bullet hell as we edge towards the ship.

Another immense orb of dark energy forms and shoots towards us. I harshly steer aside and create several layers of silver to try and slow it down for even a moment. The orb penetrates through my silver but we manage to get out of its way.

I think that took a few years off my lifespan.” I remark whilst speeding towards the ship before another attack comes.

Don't worry, Master. Compared to dying here, a few year is nothing.” True enough.

Boom!! - I blast a hole at the edge of the ship with our on-board lasers and break into the ship.

Several beams shoot at us from within, we can't dodge them.

Emergency evacuation!!” I punch the button. Our capsules eject us from the bottom and Wolfy and I safely land on the ground before our Dual-Core explodes, that was too close.

A large group of Reapers enter with scythes at the ready. This is going to be a non stop course of action!

Kill the intruders!!” One shouts as several different elemental projectiles are shot at us. I create two silver swords and slice apart all that would hit us with swift reflexes. Wolfy launches a fireball, scattering the enemies and breaking their formation.

Lets go, Wolfy, the true battle begins now!!” I shout as I run towards our opposition.

Yes, Master.” Wolfy runs at my side, like the capable sidekick he is.

I won't let those scum bags have the last laugh.


Chapter 06B: Infiltrate The Crusader – Invaded (Perspective: None)

What's going on, Disturb?” Cocytus approached his son, whom was staring at some kind of radar.

We've been invaded, Pops.” He replied. “Three ships bypassed our barriers and forced their way into the sub-ships.”

Who are they?”

The next generations for the other two families.”

I see, they're awfully underestimating us.”

All the sub-ships have at least one of my Hex Class defending them. The parasites that broke in shall be exterminated shortly.” A smile surfaced onto Disturb's face. “It's a shame I won't be able to kill the one's who contaminated my lover's mind personally, but oh well.”

Disturb, I can't allow any delays. Have the Hex Class guard the generators, our enemies are definitely aiming for them.”

Cocytus turned towards a huge glass cylinder shaped tank filled with liquid, a man's silhouette floated lifelessly within. “We've managed to obtain these wonderful power sources, so we can't go losing them.”

The father and son smiled to one another momentarily before they turned their eyes back to the tank.


Chapter 06C: Infiltrate The Crusader – A Friend From A Unexpected Source (Perspective: Lilicia)

The loud noises from the exchange of lasers litters the atmosphere, but I don't care about any of it.

Yuichi-niisama, Onee-sama.” Ever since Disturb abducted me I've been unable to stop my tears. Nii-sama was badly wounded, is he all right?

Two of my most important people nearly died because of me. The only thing I could do was shake in fear. And now I'm completely powerless.

I touch the black collar that was forced onto me by Disturb. Its power seals all of my Reaper Techniques and with my scythe confiscated I have no hope.

But that no longer matters, I've given up on myself. I will only be a chain around everyone's necks at this point. With the threat posed by the Crusader, I know the Underworld can't waste their resources trying to save a single girl.

And this is a girl who's lips have already been defiled. A tear falls down my cheek. Would Nii-sama still accept this dirtied girl? I know he wouldn't throw me away, but would he still look at me with the same kind eyes? Just thinking about Nii-sama brings out a certain feeling within me, and with it a single desire.

Help me....Nii-sama...” I tearfully voice my desire. I want to return to your side.

Bang!! - A man who looks like a guard flies into the wall along with the steel door and falls unconscious.

I turn my eyes to the intruder who slowly walks towards me.

You are....” I gaze at the girl who slashes at the long chain that connects me to the wall, freeing me. She's different from before.

I'm not your Nii-sama, but I hope you can make do with me for now.” The girl extends a hand to me and before I know what I'm doing, I take it.

Are you the same person?” I ask.

Yes, but right now I'm sane, so I'll help you escape. I know it's asking a lot after everything, but right now, trusting me is all you can do.”

No,” I shake my head, I don't know why, but I can tell her feelings are sincere, “I trust you, Lycan-san.”

The Wolf Girl smiles and leads me by the hand out of my cell.


Chapter 06D: Infiltrate The Crusader – The Wolf's Thoughts (Perspective: Lycan #13)

I'm walking down the corridor towards the area where the Pandemonium girl is being kept. After that last confrontation I've been feeling worse and worse about myself. The times when Disturb turns me into that monster, I always remember. My hands soaking in blood, the lives snuffed out for trivial reasons. All for the sake of one deranged psycho.

Right now, whilst my mind is clear. Let me put just one thing correct.

I reach the cell that is being guarded by a single man.

Help me....Nii-sama.” I hear a quiet tearful voice with my advanced hearing granted to me by my wolf ears. Hearing the words throw me into instant action.

Huh, Lyca....URGHHH!!” Before he can react I close the distance instantly and punch him straight through the door, breaking it in the process.

The girl who bravely gave herself up to save the lives of her family and loved one stares at me in disbelief. Not that I can blame her, she only saw me before when I was under that dark influence.

But this kind girl who that boy fought for, even when in such a state. Who stood bravely in the face of that terrifying man.

You are....” The girl stares at me in shock.

I'm not your Nii-sama, but I hope you can make do with me for now.” I offer my hand.

0