Vol 02 Ch12: Versus Enigma III
131 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12A: Versus Enigma III: Ichiyu Vs Gemini I (Perspective: Ichiyu)

"Ichiyu, you are..." Yuna begins as she stares at me in disbelief, I don't blame her.

I attack the younger twin with my bronze, she jumps backwards to avoid it.

"Bronze Manifestation?"

"And that appearance"

"Is this just coincidence?" The two twins converse between themselves.

Well, there is no point hiding how my wonderful existence came to be...

"I'm a Human Anomaly that was created using the soul fragments from Yuichi Shiro during his previous encounter with my master." I explain.

"Wait, what does that mean, Ichiyu?" Yuna asks.

"Even if you ask me, I can't describe it any simpler than that, long story short, I'm a clone." I state. Are you satisfied now? I don't like discussing the roots of my existence.

"I see, so you were never a regular human either," The older twin notes.

What does she mean by 'either'? Oh well, it doesn't matter. There is something more important I wish to confirm.

"Do you two by any chance have some kind of personal grudge against Yuna?" I ask.

"No, we are simply following orders," One states before the other supplements, "Gemini's hatred is directed at only one person, and that person no longer exists."

"I see, in that case the reincarnation of wonderness, that is I, Ichiyu Weiss, shall stop you hence forth." I declare as I conjure up more bronze.

"Then this Gem shall overcome you." They're really pulling out all the stops here, "And this Ini will slaughter you."

""Death to all those not of Enigma!"" They say together.

The older twin, Gem, manifests a swirl of wind around one hand and water around the other. Whilst Ini surrounds one hand with flames and the other with electricity. Both girls having turned their hands into elemental blades, charge at me from either side.

I quickly create two bronze swords and prepare to intercept. But then suddenly Gem is standing where Yuna was. Yuna herself is where Gem previously was. Yuna glances left and right in confusion, before her eyes open wide.

"Crap!" I shout as Gem tries to stab at me with her water blade, I quickly tilt my neck and avoid the sudden attack, strands of my hair fall to the ground. Gem then tries to slash at me with her wind blade, I duck low down and avoid the attack. Whilst dodging I curve the tip of one of my bronze swords creating a hook at the end. Time for a counter attack!! I use the hook on my sword to grip Gem's shorts and pull them down.

“KYAAA!!” Gem screams.

"Woah, thanks for the view." I say as I catch a glimpse of my attacker's striped panties. She really knows what turns a guy on.

"Pervert, how dare you do that to Onee-chan!" The younger twin, Ini shouts as she charges at me from a low angle and swipes with both her blades. I jump into the air to avoid the attack and create a chunk of bronze in mid air. I use the bronze as a foothold and propel myself away from the twins. I land between them and Yuna.

Good, we've escaped the pincer. But there was something she said I cannot let go.

"I'm not a pervert! I'm an explorer for all cute panties bright and stripy. The fact that I took the liberty to look should in itself be an honour for you!" I defend, "My dream is to one day have a harem of cute girls all wearing striped panties! Think yourselves lucky that I'm now considering you two as prime candidates!"

The two twins stare at me in wonder for a few seconds with blushed faces.

"So cool..." Gem says with sparkling eye. The previously angry Ini nods her head in agreement. My beauty is already working its magic.

"Ichiyu," Yuna calls from behind me, I quickly glance back, "Didn't what you just said prove them right about you being a pervert? Also you could hardly call what you did an accident."

"No stallion such as I can be a pervert, my dear Yuna," I respond whilst activating my supreme technique 'Enticement Smile', this move grants me the power to enchant any girl, not that my looks don't already accomplish this. But you know what they say, you can never have too many good points.

"Oh really," She responds with a sigh of resignation, "By the way, you won't be able to enchant me with that so called "Enticement Smile", I've built up a strong immunity to such crap due to my home circumstances." Yuna states.

Wait did I ever tell her the name of this technique? Just how does she know about it? Is she a mind reader or something? Oh well, never mind.

I redirect my attention back to the two twins. It's time to progress to stage two of my conquering plan. I straighten my back and take a deep breath, "Gem, Ini, put yourselves as the ante! If I win this fight, I'll have you become girl two and three of my harem!" I declare my intention.

"You're the worst!" Yuna screams from behind me. No need to be jealous, I've forever reserved the spot of number one for you.

The two twins briefly stare at each other before they return my gaze. "That's fine,"

"If you win that is." The two agree as they charge at me once again.

Ini suddenly disappears and Yuna is standing there blankly again. "Crap, again!" I quickly turn around to face Ini who is charging at me with her blades in the ready. I shoot several bronze bullets to counter her, but she just continues forward, until she disappears again, "SHIT! I can't stop my bronze in time!" I curse when I realise just what they've done.

"KYAAAAA!" I hear Yuna's scream as she covers her face as the bronze attacks her flesh.

"YUNA!" I scream back. Shit! I screwed up and hurt Yuna in the process. Luckily I notice the cuts are fairly minor, but how could someone as beautiful as me have made such a careless mistake. I know this Soul Technique and how it works only too well, it's one of my master's most favoured after all. Yet, I still fell for it. So these two are where that power originated from.

Come on Ichiyu, you've got to get your wonderful head back into the game. Yuna is depending on me, so I can't screw this up. I run up to my injured friend, "Yuna are you all right!? I'm so sorr..." I begin, but Yuna suddenly transforms to Gem, but this time I didn't allow myself to be fooled, I swing my bronze sword at her. But I suddenly feel an odd sensation of my bearings changing, and my bronze sword hits nothing but air. Shit! Ini switched her position with me. Yuna is also standing where Gem used to be, "Crap that means!" I quickly turn around to as I suspected Gem was charging at me "This is really getting annoying!" I proclaim as I block Gem's water and wind blades with my bronze swords. Curses, my situation is dire. Gemini's technique allows them to switch their physical position with any other living matter, whilst at first glance it seems harmless enough. It is a technique that flips a numerical advantage on its head. The more people there are, the more targets they have to switch with. Which means I need to decrease the numbers then their power will weaken exceptionally. Luckily, thanks to my master, I know about this technique.

Using my strength I push back Gem's blades thus giving me a chance to catch her momentarily off guard. I swing my blade with the knowledge to stop in case she switches and as I predicted a quick flash and Gem disappears, I instinctively stop my blade figuring Yuna is about to appear. However, the one who appeared wasn't Yuna, it was Ini. "FUCK!" The older twin who was defenceless switched with the younger twin who was ready to attack. I quickly try to regain the speed of my slash which I had previously stopped but.

"URGGGGHHHH!" I grasp in pain

"Too slow," Ini states as she slashed at me with her own blades before I could hit her.

I endure the pain as I continue on with my swipe. However, Ini disappears even quicker than she had arrived, and this time she truly did switch places with Yuna. I quickly stop my attack as Yuna closes her eyes in fear.

"Urgh!!" Blood escapes my lips as I drop down onto one of my knees.

"Ichiyu!" Yuna grabs hold of my falling body in a tight embrace. She truly is a kind girl, that is why I will definitely protect her. I grasp Yuna's shoulder amd pull myself back onto my feet. I glare at my two formidable opponents and take a few deep breaths to increase the power in my voice.

"I'm definitely going to make you both mine!" I proudly declare, the two girls simply smile back, almost to say 'good luck with that'.

""Good luck with that."" They both vocalised my interpretation. I tighten my grip on my blades as I ready for the next assault.


Chapter 12B: Versus Enigma III: Elizabeth Vs Cammy I (Perspective: Elizabeth)

I glare at the girl who introduced herself as Cammy. I quickly spin my scythe around and charge towards her. I don't have any time to waste.

I slash at her body but she simply ducks down onto all fours before jumping back.

"If you won't die obediently than I'll just do it the hard way, this is all for Stella's sake so nothing personal." Cammy says as she sticks out her tongue from her mouth

What the hell is she!? The length of her tongue is definitely not normal. Just as I try to comprehend just what is going on her body suddenly disappears.

"What the!? Where did she go!?" I ask myself out loud as I gaze around my surroundings. But I cannot find her.

"URGHH!" I suddenly feel a tight grip wrapped around my neck, its strongly constricting me, but I can't see anything. Using my hand I feel the invisible object that is strangling me. I brandish my scythe and slash at it.

Cough Cough! - The sudden constriction disappears and I gasp on the floor. "What the hell." The thing that I cut that was previously invisible is lying on the floor, it looks like.

"Ah, you cut my tongue..." Cammy reappears behind me. I notice there is a segment of her long tongue missing. However, it quickly grows back and retakes its original shape.

"Turning invisible and that long tongue, just what on Earth are you!?" I question angrily.

"Who knows, this was just the power that was granted to me when I became an Anomaly. I refer to this power as Chameleon. Although there are some differences between my power and its name sake." Cammy explains.

I've never heard of a power like this even for Human Anomalies. Fighting this kind of ability is going to be difficult to say the very least, she is able to completely mask her presence.

"But who cares about any of that, my only desire is to see Stella happy, and for that I need you to stop breathing." She states as she turns invisible again.

"Damn it!" I run around the battlefield aimlessly, making sure to frequently change direction. I've got to avoid that tongue until I can think of a countermeasure for her ability.

"AAAARRRGGGHHH!" I screech and fall to the ground from a nasty scraping pain on my back. Cammy re-materialises.

"My tongue isn't my only weapon," She states as she licks my blood off of her hand.

"How dare you!" I yell as I swing my scythe at the girl who is still on all fours. However, she jumps back out of my scythe's reach and disappears again whilst in mid-air.

"Your fate is to be a mere sacrifice for my happiness, just accept it." The selfish invisible goth declares.

"My fate is not for you to decide. And it sure is not going to be dictated in such a way! Do not underestimate the wraith of the Cerberus, Cammy!" I rebuke as I gather flames in my hand and charge to the source of the voice. I smash the ground within that vicinity with my fire.

Cammy reappears again, "If you can't see me, what is the point in attacking?" She asks, I simply smile back with confidence.

If I am to defeat her I first need to uncover her secrets, her power may seem strong but there will definitely be some weakness to exploit. Which brings me to my first question, if she is able to turn invisible, Why does she keep on letting herself reappear? Is it due to confidence? Or is it something else entirely different? I need to figure this out. I know with my mind I'll be able to find something I can use.


Chapter 12C: Versus Enigma III: Interlude (Perspective: None)

This is a story from a few years before Yuichi Shiro had heard the term 'Anomaly'. In a quiet remote area lived an ageing man, however he was much older than even what he looked, having lived for well over a century. He had a condition that forced his soul near to the surface of his body, as a result his soul, although not totally exposed to the atmosphere, it had mutated even from within its shell. This gave the man a very pale complexion with pure white hair and red eyes.

Due to his appearance and the nature of his existence the local people feared the old man who was isolated from society. He held one sincere desire, and that was to be accepted. In order to accomplish this he studied and researched science with all his might in the hopes that he would find a cure for his ailment. Days passed, months passed, years passed and yet he was still no closer to his goal.

His research had only further increased the villager's fear, ostracising him even further. It was at this point he realised just how lonely he truly felt. He decided to use some of the knowledge he had gained to free his freezing heart.

His attempts were successful,

Through artificial means the man created two lives. Beings that would be dubbed Homunculi. He decided to create two so that if anything ever happened to him they would still have each other and won't suffer the way he did. He gave the two Homunculi girls the names Gem and Ini.

For several months they lived in peace. The old man who the two girls affectionately called “Grandpa” felt the warm happiness of what he long desired, a family.

However, this was not to last.

"URGHHHHHH!" The old man yelped in pain as an eerie dark blade pierced through him.

"HA HA HA! Become food for Muramasa-Masamune!" A sinister man screamed in glee as he pushed his sword in even further, "You may not be a Human Anomaly! So this maybe out of my jurisdiction! But you're still a freak of nature! So disappear!"

""GRANDPA!"" His two creations, his beloved children, screamed together.

The Old man gripped Muramasa-Masamune's blade and gathered his remaining strength. "Run...Gem...Ini...Run..."

"How wonderful! You freaks can pass on together!" He stated whilst withdrawing his blade from the writhing man, who still tried to hold onto it. But he was unable and the blood from his hands further decorated the dark blade. The old man fell weakly onto his knees as he held his chest and looked on in terror, his eyes filled with tears

"Die!" The sinister man shouted as he weaved his sword, shock waves shot at the man's treasure, his children.

""KYAAAAHHHHHH!"" They yelped together as they fell lifelessly onto the ground in a puddle of their own blood. The twins tightly embraced each other as life left them.

"Nooo..." The old man let out weakly as tears scrolled down his pale face. "Gem...Ini..." He called his children's names weakly as he crawled along the floor to them.

His last wish was to die with them, as a family. He crawled towards them, determined to reach their side before his life expired.

When his outstretched hand was a metre away from his precious children. "Just die already!" The sinister man grunted as he stabbed the old man through the heart. Denied of his last wish, his outstretched hand fell lifelessly onto the floor.

The sinister man didn't even spare the trio a glance as he walked off.

A bit later and a man wearing a cloak to conceal his identity happened upon the scene.

"The old man's soul has been destroyed, but I can still use these girls." The person said as they approached the recently killed homuncli twins, Gem and Ini.

1