Vol 03 Ch12: Overcome The Asura
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 12A: Overcome The Asura - Alicia And Elizabeth Vs Priscilla II (Perspective Alicia)

Elizabeth and I charge at Priscilla, who extends the length of all her many flame arms and swings her sword in a large arc. We both duck down, and I quickly roll to one side as Priscilla releases a fire stream with a swing of her scythe. At the same time she shoots an arrow at Elizabeth, who was trying to flank her, forcing her to jump back.

I shoot a lightning ball as Elizabeth launches a fireball only for them to be intercepted and dispersed by the axe and sword respectively.

Priscilla closes the distance between us in an instant and before I am consciously aware I swing my scythe.

Ching!! - it collides with Priscilla's sword.

Ching!! - Elizabeth's scythe deflects the axe.

Ching ching ching ching!! - The harsh scrapes of our colliding weapons release bright sparks as I give up on the idea of trying to process what is happening and allow my instincts to take control.

Priscilla swings both her scythe and sword at me simultaneously.

Ching ching! - I side step towards the scythe and redirect its trajectory into the oncoming sword, deflecting both attacks in one move like a domino effect. Elizabeth, having found an opening in the axe's attack, shoots another fireball at Priscilla.

“Don't get cocky,” She exclaims as she temporarily releases her scythe and shoots two branching pillars of flames, which consumes Elizabeth's fireball like it was nothing.

“”URGHHHH!!”” Both Elizabeth and I guarded the attack by striking the flame pillars with our own fireballs, the colliding attacks minimised the damage we received, but the impact still sent us flying back through the air.

We quickly get to our feet as Priscilla charges towards us with her many weapons.

I dodge the swipe of her sword.

Ching!! - I deflect the swing of her scythe but suddenly “URGHHH!!” I'm kicked in the gut and forced back again “URGHHHA!!” But not far enough for the ball and chain to tighten around my waist, momentarily stopping my breath with its harsh constriction.

“Alicia!!” Elizabeth shouts whilst avoiding the axe.

Priscilla smiles as my body is forced off the ground and hurled through the air. Priscilla aims her arrow at my airborne body. Curses!! I quickly change the shape of my silver into a small shield, I don't have the quantity of silver to make a big one

Ching!! - I place the silver shield in front of my heart and as luck would have it that was her aim.

“Tch!” Priscilla grunts as she tries to lodge another arrow.

“Silver Bullet!!” I alter the shape and shoot numerous silver fragments. I'm not letting you shoot me a second time.

Priscilla jumps back to dodge my attack and tries to reattach the ball and chain around my waist. I begin to recall the silver, but it won't make it in time. A fireball suddenly slams into the ball and alters its trajectory, I land safely on the ground and give Elizabeth an acknowledging nod.

“Hm, this is going way beyond being a pain.” Priscilla remarks as she swings her sword and axe simultaneously, Elizabeth jumps back, but I charge forward.

“Alicia!!” Elizabeth shouts at my reckless action.

“We can't just defend forever!!” I call back as I slide underneath the attacks of the sword and axe.

The ball and chain tries to bludgeon me, but I roll to the side and swiftly jump to my feet. I quickly change the silver back into the shape of a shield – Ching!! - noticing the trajectory from the aim I block the arrow and continue onwards. I switch the shield back to a scythe now that it has done its job. Priscilla swings her final weapon, the scythe in her real hand, as I swing my own scythe I alter the shape mid swing. “I won't fall for that again!!” Priscilla proclaims as she stops her swing and tries to jump backwards, but I throw my silver into the air freeing my hand that I swiftly use to grab Priscilla's wrist. “What!!” She exclaims as I stop her jump with a harsh pull. At the same time the silver reshapes itself into two blades and I use my control of them to slice through Priscilla's fire arms at the root of her back.

Priscilla wears a shocked expression as her weapons fall to the ground. Whilst still holding her wrist with my right hand, I gather electricity into the fist of my left and. “URGHHHHH!!!” Slam it directly into her face sending her skidding harshly along the floor. A few silent moments elapse as I try to catch my breath when I hear a ghastly voice.

“Ha ha ha ha,” Priscilla's sprawled out body chuckles as it remains on the ground, “HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!” The sudden outburst forces me to take a step back as Priscilla returns to her feet, her eyes are wide open and her smile is thin. “And here I thought that you two were nothing but a useless Carrisa wannabe, and a disposable princess who can't hold a candle to her brother. You are both full of surprises, I never imagined that I would have so much difficulty killing you both. HA HA HA HA HA!!”

Despite wanting to take another step back at the change of Priscilla's tone I stand firm, the words she said, I can't let them slide. “I have always admired Carrisa that's true, but that never meant I ever abandoned who I truly am. I never wished to become her, not then, not now. I merely have one desire...To surpass her!!” I state as I take a powerful step forward.

“Reno has always been better than me, there's no denying this. There were even several people who tried to convince or pressure my Father to disown me from the Cerberus family so Reno would become the next Head.”

This is the first time I'm hearing anything about this. To think that the girl who is always so haughty had gone through such things.

“Fortunately for me, Reno silenced such opinions by declaring that if my father lost his eldest daughter, he would in turn lose his eldest son. Neither my father nor my brother are so cold hearted as to go through with such things. I may feel pathetic and inferior from time to time, but neither they, nor I, have ever considered me disposable!!” Elizabeth also takes a powerful step forward.

“HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!” Priscilla laughs at our declarations, “Then allow me to show you both the respect you deserve. A reward for accomplishing so much.”

Just surrendering would be rewarding enough, but it looks like she's got something else up her sleeve. Why can't life ever be easy?

Fire begins to surround Priscilla's entire body, the intense heat lifts her into the air as she slowly disappears into her flames. “This power is still in the trial period, I'm planning on developing it into something equivalent to the three Grimoires. You two have gained the honour of being its beta testing opponents.”

A power equal to the Grimoires!? Whilst I'm shocked at Priscilla's declaration the flames further expand hiding her body within its intense heat. The flames slowly form into a shape. Standing at the size of a skyscraper, two legs, multiple long arms, a thick wide body, and a head that's shaped like a dragons. The burning colossal giant straightens its knees and stands at its full height.

“Priscilla Orthrus' Custom Reaper Technique: Infernal Guardian!!” Priscilla's voice radiates through the wide room as the burning monster gives a loud roar.

“She developed a technique that can rival the three families' Grimoires,” Elizabeth says as sweat rolls down her face. We both take a step back from the huge monster.

This is seriously bad, I never imagined she would be this strong.


Chapter 12B:Overcome The Asura - Ren Vs Van III (Perspective: Ren)

Bang bang bang!! - Van shoots his gun from the safety of the flying horse. I guard against the bullets using protection. As a Yuichi clone tries to strike me, I disengage protection and jump out of the way.

I swing Hinoken and release a fire stream, the Yuichi clones sidestep the attack and continue charging.

Bang bang!! - I dive out the way of the bullet storm. Attacks from both the sky and ground are making it difficult to fight back.

Ching!! - I block one of the clone's swords with Hinoken, but when I try to move my Alchemy Arm towards the Yuichi clone, I notice Van aiming his gun.

Bang!

“Protection!” I manifest my forcefield and stop the attack. He's not going to let me simply reprogram them. The second Yuichi clone charges forth at me from behind. No choice, sink or swim.

I deflect the first Yuichi clone's blade to one side and throw Hinoken high into the air behind me. With swift movement I grab the first Yuichi clone's wrist with my now free hand.

Bang bang bang!! - I continue using Protection to defend against the bullet storm. I pull the first Yuichi clone into the running path of the second the collision stopping them both momentarily. I charge towards the defenceless clones whilst maintaining the protection. I catch the falling Hinoken mid fall and switch off the protection. I activate Hinoken's flames to replace the barrier against the bullet onslaught. I catch both the clone's shoulders with my outstretched Alchemy Arm.

“Program!!” Reprogram, from 'Kill Ren Kirei' to 'Kill Van'.

The two clones jump into the air and try and slash at their new nemesis and his noble steed. “Art turning on an artist, such a contradiction cannot exist!!” The two Yuichi clones both disappear into nothingness. Well, at least it's now just me and him. I give up on the useless Yuichi copies.

Bang bang!!

“Protection!!” I reactivate my barrier once again and swing Hinoken to unleash a fire stream at the flying horse, which dodges it in turn. I unleash numerous flame waves, forcing Van onto the defensive, and allowing me to release the protection.

I press my Alchemy Arm against the Crusader's floor. “Program!!” A chunk of the ground below me separates from the floor and hovers with me on top of it.

'Ascend.' I order the ground and I am taken to the same height as the horse and Van.

“What on earth!?” Van is shocked at the scene and probably can't work out what I'm doing.

'Move forward.'

Bang bang!!

'Front end of ground curve upwards.' The ground I'm on changes shape creating a steep hill at the end that blocks the bullets.

'Continue forwards.'

“Just what the hell are you!!!?”

Bang Bang!! - Van continues his worthless effort whilst trying to get an angle for his shot, but I simply move to prevent him whilst still gaining ground on him.

“Damn you!!” When I get so close Van throws his hand into one of his paintings and draws out a sword, he's realised his gun is now useless.

'In three seconds break apart and fly straight ahead.' I program the floor's last order as I straighten my back and stand tall.

Ignoring the bullet wound I received from Van earlier I take a run up and jump from the floor towards the horse. The horse opens its mouth and releases a wind ball at me. “Protection!!” I guard as I continue towards Van.

“DIE!!” Van tries to skewer me with his long sword – Ching!! - I guard with Hinoken and then grab his blade with my Alchemy Arm.

“Program!!” 'Break apart!!'

“WHAT!!” Van screams in astonishment as his sword crumbles. The horse tries to fly away and avoid me but the floor pelts it with a storm of debris like I previously ordered it, forcing the horse in place.

I grab Van by the neck and force him off the falling horse “This is the end, Van!!” I declare as we both fall to the ground.

“No! My art shall survive for eternity!!” He screams through the suffocation.

“But you however, shall not!!” I tighten my grip as I activate the third power of my Alchemy Arm. “Petrification!!” I scream as Van's face turns to despair. His flesh changes colour from his neck and spreads out to his body, arms, and legs. I brace myself as we land onto the ground, I roll around to spread the impact.

“This...cannot...be...” These are Van's final words as the petrification spreads to his head and seals his mouth.

I walk over and stand the new Van, made completely of stone, upright. “How ironic, the artist, became a piece of art.” I remark as I gaze at the statue that shall forever hold that expression of despair.

Soon the firewall separating me from Reno disappears and Reno walks over to me. “Nicely done, it looks like you've gotten a good grasp of your Alchemy Arm.” He congratulates as he gazes at the Van statue.

“Not that I'm complaining, but these powers are pretty damn haxed.” I state as I gaze at my arm.

“We spared no expense that you got the best, Ren-nii.” Reno replies, “Anyway, we should do what we came here for and shut down this generator, and get her out of there whilst we're at it.

Reno and I walk and stand before the container after pressing a few buttons here and there the glass door moves to one side and all the lights of the machines disappear, the generator has been switched off. We remove the restraints and get the girl out and lay her gently on the floor.

“Lily, Lily...” Reno gently shakes the teenage girl's shoulder and she slowly opens her eyes.

“Reno-chan....what happened?” The girl weakly asks.

Reno smiles in relief and holds the girl against him in a delicate embrace, a single tear escapes his eye. “It's nothing Lily, don't worry about it.” The girl doesn't seem to comprehend the reason but she returns Reno's embrace by wrapping her arms weakly around him.

“Now we just have to wait for the others to finish on their end before we can move onto the next stage of the plan.” I state, somewhat hating myself for disrupting their mood.

“Yes, they shall pay for their sins with their blood.” Reno replies as he lays Lily gently back down to the floor. Reno's anger has only increased from before his battle with Kaiser.

Elizabeth, Yuichi, Alicia-san, Kuro-san, Wolfy. I know you won't let us down. We shall take this fight to the scumbags that started it all.

0