Vol 03 Ch17: Decisive Battle Against The Disturbed
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 17A: Decisive Battle Against The Disturbed – The Nightmare

“Then without further ado, let's begin!!” Disturb screams as he swings his scythe back, it suddenly extends in size as he slashes towards us.

Alicia and I duck below the scythe that has grown longer than twenty metres. I feel the huge gush in wind pressure from the heavy swing. “Yuichi, that scythe, Nightmare, is a Thanatos family heirloom that is in a league with the Soul Slayers!!” Alicia states.

Seriously? This guy is enough of a pain without having some sort of uber weapon.

“I took Nightmare when we reclaimed ourselves as Thanatos' head family,” Disturb smiles.

So during the coup then.

I mass create my silver javelins and launch them, Disturb shrinks Nightmare and jumps into the air, Alicia gathers a lightning ball in her hand and throws it, Disturb shoots an ice ball, neutralising Alicia's attack.

Disturb lands and creates multiple arrows made of ice, whilst I coat one of my silver swords with flames. I've been too reliant on my silver lately time to return to basics. Disturb launches the ice arrows at me, I use my silver fire hybrid sword and unleash a fire stream, evaporating the attack instantly.

Alicia uses the distraction and flanks Disturb, who quickly turns towards her and takes a deep breath before releasing some sort of vapour from his mouth. Alicia quickly jumps back before the vapour cloud reaches her. “A good decision,” Disturb congratulates. “This is colder than liquid nitrogen, you would've been frozen solid.”

Liquid nitrogen? That's one nasty substance if it's as cold as that. However.

Whilst Disturb's attention is on Alicia, “Silver Bullet!!” I call out, as I unleash a barrage of silver fragments. Disturb remains stationary as he spins Nightmare in a circle.

Ching ching ching ching!! - He deflects all my attacks effortlessly. Before shooting more ice arrows at me, I run to the side and dodge.

“Damn it, Yuichi. What's the point of a surprise attack if you shout out the attack name before using it!!”

“This is a tradition that mustn't be broken, Alicia!!” How can she not know something as basic as that?

“Then feel free to die with that tradition,” Disturb states as his body gets engulfed with steam and four huge ice walls form in the north-east, south-east, south-west, and north-west directions with Disturb as the epicentre. “There will be no more surprises from you.”

Alicia charges at Disturb from behind and swings her scythe. However, rather than cutting off Disturb's head, the attack is stopped dead. Part of the steam covering Disturb's body changed into ice and blocked Alicia's scythe.

“URGGHH!!” Without turning around Disturb slams the stick of Nightmare into her gut sending her flying backwards.

“Alicia!!” I scream as I charge at Disturb from the front.

Ching ching ching ching!! - Our weapons collide as I mass create silver shrapnel behind Disturb and launch them. Disturb's eyes move left for a fraction of a second, when just like Alicia's scythe, my silver is blocked by the steam that partly transformed into ice.

“I see, so that's what those ice walls are for,” I state as our weapons enter a deadlock. “You're using those ice walls as mirrors to cover your blind spots, and then altering the molecular structure of the steam to intercept!”

“You picked that up quick. For a Thanatos, a user of Photon Options, analysing a split moment visual is all too easy.” Disturb smiles before taking a deep breath again, I jump back a moment before he releases the icy vapour.

“It's a good thing that attack is on the slow side,” I declare as I turn both my swords into hybrid Silver-Fire swords.

“Then I just need to speed it up,” Disturb replies as he releases another vapour cloud.

From that range? What's he thinking? I tighten my grip on my swords readying myself for anything.

As Disturb continues to release a vast quantity of vapour several balls of wind gather in his palm. He launches the wind balls through the vapour, that fly at me like bullets.

Shit!! I quickly launch a fire stream to intercept the attacks.

“YUICHI THEY HAVE WIND IN THEM!! DON'T USE FIRE, DODGE THEM!!” Alicia shouts as she picks herself off the floor. Too late though, the attacks collide and…

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM!!

“URGGHHHHAAA!!!” The explosions send me into the back wall. That seriously hurt.

“YUICHI!!”

“UM-UM-UM!!” Lilicia-chan shouts a muffled scream. I quickly get back to my feet.

“Don't worry, this is nothing an apple gel wouldn't fix,” I declare reassuringly.

“Not even a life bottle will save you from this!!” Disturb launches more wind balls through the vapour.

He noticed the reference and came up with such a retort, as I thought, this man is to be feared. I run to one side dodging the attacks that freeze everything they come into contact with.

Alicia unleashes a barrage of silver bullets as Disturb focuses his attacks on me. However, they are blocked by the steam and Disturb charges at Alicia.

“I'm not done with you yet!!” I declare as Disturb changes his target. “Liquid Silver Technique: Tidal Wave!!” Like its name suggests I create a huge wave of silver that flows at Disturb.

“Tch,” He grunts as he refocuses onto me and unleashes another vapour cloud at my tidal wave, which is turned solid and ceases flowing, like it has been stuck in time.

He froze it solid!! That's some terrible breath he has there.

Alicia without delay charges at Disturb and transforms her silver scythe into two short swords. She stabs with her first, but Disturb side steps her with a spinning motion, Alicia ducks below Nightmare's incoming blade and lunges at Disturb, who front flips over her. Nightmare's hieroglyphs suddenly glow as he swipes the scythe through the ground with a horrible scrape.

“GAHHHH!!” Alicia suddenly coughs blood.

“ALICIA!!” I scream in terror.

“UMM-UMM!!” Lilicia-chan also watches with tears through her eyes.

He never made contact, how the hell did he harm her!?

“URGHHHH!!” The ice walls spin around a full three hundred and sixty degrees, slamming into Alicia's body in the process, sending her soaring through the air

SHIT!! With quick footwork I place myself between Alicia and the back wall she's about to be slammed into.

“GAAHH!!” I yelp a silent pain as the impact from catching Alicia winds me.

Disturb doesn't let up his attacks as he launches more wind balls through the vapour. “Damn it!! Silver Wall!!” I create a hasty barrier, which is quickly frozen solid with the first ice-wind ball and is completely shattered into nothingness by the next. I grab Alicia into my arms and desperately run, avoiding the barrage of attacks.

I create numerous balls of silver and shoot them to intercept Disturb's ice-wind balls. One big shield is all but useless, this is the best option. At the same time I examine the wound on Alicia's stomach. I've got no bandages, so this'll have to do. I encase the wound in my silver and tighten it to stop the bleeding. Alicia grinds her teeth at the sudden constriction.

Disturb extends the size of Nightmare and swings it at us, despite the ice walls being in the way the attack passes right through them like it's a ghost. With Alicia still in my arms I jump into the air, dodging Nightmare. “Silver Bullet!!” I unleash a barrage, Disturb runs towards me and slides along the floor avoiding the bullets. Nightmare's hieroglyphs suddenly glow again and Disturb runs it across the ground.

“URGGGHHHH!!” I scream as an intense pain runs along my back. The sudden attack forces me to drop Alicia, I quickly manifest liquid silver through my pain and cushion her fall. I then tighten silver around myself as a makeshift treatment.

“Such a powerful weapon wouldn't you say?” Disturb happily states, “Carrisa is a fool for refusing to wield it. The power to link shadows and souls is truly amazing.”

Link shadows and souls? I think back to Disturb's actions, he meaninglessly got the other side of Alicia before he used that technique. I gaze at the position of the room's light and where the shadows appear. So that's it, by attacking the person's shadow, he attacks the person themselves. That's one unusual ability. Good thing Disturb's a blabber mouth, I don't think I would've been able to figure that out for myself.

I take out a slip of paper and paste it onto Alicia's body. It maybe cruel to say, but at this point, with such a wound, she'd only be a liability. The Reaper Technique instantly activates and teleports Alicia out of the battle area. These were given to me by Father-in-law as an emergency escape, it forcefully teleports a person back to the Pandemonium mansion.

“Tch, I wanted to end you both in front of Lilicia, but oh well. The biggest culprit for her corruption is you, I definitely won't let you run.” Disturb spins Nightmare in a circle.

“You've hurt my fiancé, you've tormented Lilicia-chan, who do you think is going to run from you? This Yuichi Shiro? Don't be absurd.” I wield my hybrid swords and charge at Disturb.

Ching! - My first horizontal slash is deflected. Disturb slices Nightmare along the ground. Oh no you don't. “Silver Wall!!” My huge wall covers all the way from the ground to the ceiling, and my shadow that was previously on the ground, that Disturb was aiming for, runs up the wall's surface. After its defence attribute is used up I quickly reform the wall into multiple javelins and rain them down on Disturb, who jumps back. I quickly flank to the other side of him so that my shadow is behind me. He won't be able to strike it like this.

Ching! - I deflect Nightmare over my head and quickly spin around like a top shooting a stream of fire. Despite jumping back, Disturb's upper clothes are engulfed by my flames. He quickly rips them off revealing his heavily scarred body.

“What the?” Those look horrendous. I want to avert my gaze from the terrible sight.

“Hm, these? I've built up this collection of battle scars in two separate encounters, one involving Carrisa, the other Lycan #666.” Disturb states with a shrug of his shoulders, before his eyes narrow. “But you really are one of the most unique Human Anomalies.”

“What are you talking about!?”

“One Anomaly naturally draws another. I presume you've heard this at least correct? But even then, the number of irregulars that naturally surround you is astonishing. Your best friend also became a Human Anomaly, you tamed a mysterious talking dog, and even an amnesiac witch hangs around you. The rate of drawing abnormalities to yourself far surpasses that of any other Human Anomaly.”

Witch? What on Earth is he talking about? No, now is not the time to question that. I charge at Disturb once again.

Ching Ching Ching Ching!! - Despite using two swords Disturb uses Nightmare to its best, blocking strike after strike with lightning reflexes. I duck below his swipe and swing my leg out and spin, aiming for his legs. Disturb jumps into the air. I quickly manifest a mass of silver shrapnel directly overhead whilst creating silver javelins directly in front of me. I launch the attacks simultaneously.

“URGGHHH!!” Disturb is pelted by the silver shrapnel.

Those mirrors don't cover attacks from above, especially if he's concentrating on what's below him. I jump towards the wounded Disturb. I can't miss this chance.

Ching!! - Despite his wound, Disturb blocks my hybrid sword. But I increase the flames intensity. “URGHHHAAA!!” Disturb tried to block the fire attack by turning the steam into ice again, but against fire, that shield isn't all that impressive.

“GAAAHHHH!!” Spinning in mid air I drop kick Disturb with all my body weight behind the attack. Disturb tried to block the attack by crossing his arms, but the impact forcefully sends him to the ground. I quickly ready my swords preparing for the falling lunge.

I'll pierce right through him!!

Suddenly, numerous beams illuminate the atmosphere and fly directly at me. “URRRGGHHHHAAAA!!” I yelp in pain as the beams pierce my body in multiple areas, releasing fresh blood. I gaze at the one behind the sudden sneak attack.

Standing there, with ten Photon Options sprouted out of his back. “Cock!!” Of all the timing. I grind my teeth in frustration as I cover my wounds with my silver. I was so close to finishing Disturb. Now I've gotta deal with this penis of a man.

Several more beams shoot my way at high speed, I dive out of the way and quickly get back to my feet. I need to recover my posture.

“What's with this miserable display, Disturb? You are a Thanatos, act like one,” Cock lectures, as Disturb slowly picks himself up from the ground and rubs his head in a somewhat embarrassed motion.

“Sorry, Pops. I'll get serious now,” Disturb forms several hand signs and the eight ghost like tentacles appear, “Thanatos Reaper Technique: Photon Options.”

He's finally activated that annoying ability. If my memory serves me correctly, Alicia told me Photon Options, as well as shooting those beams, also act as additional eyes covering all blind spots. Although with those mirrors he doesn't really need the latter feature.

“I've played along with your whims long enough, Disturb. Now that I've entered the battle, I'm staying in it.” Cock declares.

“Fine, I got it. Hey parasite I wanted to kill you myself but it looks like me and Pops are going to share the workload,” Disturb opens his eyes so wide I wouldn't be surprised if they fell out their sockets, “DOES KNOWING THAT YOU'RE GOING TO DIE DISTURB YOU!!”

“Your delusions no longer disturb me!! Now visiting a welsh farm, and learning the reason why all their sheep are so docile, NOW THAT DISTURBS ME!!”

“””…….””” One second of silence passes, then two, then three.

“He's got you their, Disturb.” Cock declares.

“Yeah, I admit defeat.” Disturb agrees.

For a brief moment friend and foe were united in opinion. Then several Photon Options shoot their lasers destroying the previous tranquillity. I dive to one side, but more beams head my way. Eighteen Photon Options between them, this isn't good. “Silver Wall!!” I quickly erect my barrier. The lasers follow the laws of light, so they'll reflect off my Silver Wall. But that hope is quickly dispersed as my Silver Wall is frozen solid by Disturb's ice-wind balls before shattering into nothingness.

“SHHHIIITTTT!!” I scream helplessly as lasers speed towards me from several directions.


Chapter 17B: Decisive Battle Against The Disturbed – Another Ally (Perspective: Reno)

“Damn it, I've gotta...” I struggle to my feet and slowly trudge to the door.

“Reno-sama, you're in no condition to fight,” Kuro-san's voice says through the communicator.

“What does that matter!!? Alicia-san has been forcefully removed from the Crusader. Yuichi Shiro is fighting both Disturb AND Cocytus. He can't win this by himself!!”

It doesn't matter if I'm exhausted, it doesn't matter if I'm covered in wounds, I've got to help him.

“He isn't by himself,” Kuro-san states, I suddenly feel another presence from the other end of the door. What's he doing here?

“We knew what we were up against, did you think we wouldn't make the appropriate preparations?”


Chapter 17C: Decisive Battle Against The Disturbed – Round Two

All the lasers fly at me from several directions. “UMM-UMM!!” Lilicia-chan screams through the gag. I've gotta win this!! I steel myself readying my body for the pain that I know is about to come. However, multiple small twisters slam into each laser, stopping them in their tracks.

I'm saved? My eyes blink, once, twice, thrice, in confusion.

I turn around to my saviour who is standing their gallantly. Why? I'm beyond shocked, I couldn't have asked for a better ally. Lilicia-chan's eyes well up at the sight of the grand man before me. As Disturb and Cock's expressions do the opposite, and contort in frustration.

“I've finally arrived...” He says before turning to me with a slightly apologetic smile, “I'm sorry I took so long, but even with the Diamond Dimension in place, it took me a long time to infiltrate the Crusader's unique space.” He then turns to Cock and Disturb, “After everything you two have pulled, surely you don't have to ask just why I'm here, right? You're tag team looks to have really laid a number on Yuichi-kun, but not any more.” He spins his scythe in a threatening manner his face that is usually extremely laid back turns deadly serious. “Now it's father and son versus father and son!!” He declares.

“Alexander Pandemonium!” Cock curses in anger.

All right, with this dream team, Disturbing-Cock (tentative team name) doesn't stand a chance.

I stand proud with both hybrid blades in hand, victory is in sight. Cock's ten Photon Options shoot at Father, who again creates multiple small twisters, stopping the attack. “Yuichi-kun, I'll handle Cocytus, you deal with Disturb!!” Father declares as he charges at Cock.

Ching! Ching! Ching! BANG!! BANG!! - My eyes can hardly keep up with their fast paced battle. I refocus my attention back to Disturb, who extends Nightmare's length and slices towards me, I create a Silver Wall to block it, but Nightmare, like a ghost, goes right through it and carries on towards me.

I duck down, create and launch several silver knives, Disturb deflects the attack by using his Photon Option's lasers. I charge at him with both my blades, as I swipe Disturb jumps to the side and expands Nightmare's length past me. Then whilst scraping the floor Nightmare's length begins to revert. He's aiming for my shadow!! I quickly dive to one side moving my shadow just out of Nightmare's path. I launch a fire stream from my swords, Disturb launches several wind balls.

Boom! Boom! Boom! - The attacks forcefully combust one another. Disturb shoots more lasers, I erect another Silver Wall, and the attacks reflect, forcing Disturb to take evasive action. I turn the wall into multiple javelins and launch them. Disturb creates a wall made of ice that my javelins impale.

Disturb releases the icy vapour and creates more ice-wind balls. I roll along the floor avoiding the initial barrage, I quickly regain my footing when he adjusts his aim. I create multiple silver platforms and use them to run into the air.

“Fool!!” Disturb shout's as he slices Nightmare across the ground. Oh yeah, the closer to a source of light the bigger the shadow, but never mind. I create another Silver Wall that blocks my shadow from reaching the ground. Nightmare meaninglessly scrapes the ground. Eight lasers attack me from below, I release my silver acting as my foot holds and fall towards the ground. I create another silver platform and kick off it towards Disturb. I duck below Nightmare and flank Disturb. Before the Photon Options can realign themselves to me, I slice the tentacles dispersing the technique temporarily. Disturb breathes out more vapour but I grab his shoulder and pivot over him. I stab my blade towards him, the steam turns into ice to shield him but like before it can only stop the blade, I unleash the flames.

“URRGHH!!” Disturb yelps as his body is burned from my hybrid blade's heat. “You accursed Virus!!” Disturb swings Nightmare in a full circle, I jump directly back.

How about some severe burns to go along with all those scars? Disturb coats his body in ice and numbs the burns.

Disturb's Photon Options reform and they all focus their eyes towards his extended palm. “You'll pay for that!!!” The Photon Options shoot their lasers towards Disturb's hand, the amassing power creates a sphere of light. “DIE!!!” He shouts as he throws the sphere at me. I quickly dodge the attack with ease.

“What were you trying to achieve with that?” I ask, when suddenly the light sphere expands in size from behind me. Disturb smiles as he slams Nightmare across the floor. “URRRGHHHAAA!!” I scream as huge cuts appear over my body. He was just using the light to create a shadow for Nightmare to slice.

“UMM-UUMMM!!”

“YUICHI-KUN!!” Father shouts as Lilicia-chan looks on in horror.

Damn it!! How could I let my guard down like that? I fall to my knees as blood seeps from my mouth.

Disturb shoots several lasers at me. Damn it, I can't move.

Father intercepts the attack using his small twisters, which then move towards Disturb, who jumps out of the way. “Hang on, Yuichi-kun.” Father grabs me and jumps away to create more distance between us and Disturbing-Cock.

“Looks like your boy is almost finished, Alexander,” Cock taunts, “You didn't really think that boy could stand up to the might of Thanatos did you?”

“The might of Thanatos? The only reason Disturb can even keep up with him is because of Nightmare. Less you and more Thanatos' tools. You two, who have fallen to the level of terrorists, don't even have the right to utter the name Thanatos. Do you really think you'll be placed as the head with this?” Father asks in anger.

“And do you really think I'll be satisfied with just being the head of the Underworld's number one family? Why should I stop there? Why shouldn't I become the absolute ruler? Hades has ruled for far too long, Disturb is more than capable enough of taking over as the Thanatos family's head.” Cock smiles eerily.

“Your goal wasn't Thanatos? How much of a fool can you be? Even with Crusader you're no match for Hades-sama. Wait, you're not….So it really is like that, so he's the one backing you...”

“It seems, you've caught on, Alexander.”

“Yes, I can now safely deem that you both must be stopped. Yuichi-kun, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to ask you to fight on a bit longer.” Enormous power gathers around Father's hand when a closed blue book suddenly appears.

“You're going to use the Grimoire so close to your daughter and son-in-law, Alexander?” Cock's expression suddenly turns a lot less confident.

“You're so egotistical about Thanatos, Cocytus. You don't even know the power of the other two Grimoires.”

“This is bad, Pops!!” Disturb shoots all his Photon Options as does Cock. Father just deflects them like any other.

“Pandemonium's Grimoire, OPEN!!” Upon command the book flies open and Father is engulfed in a huge ray of light that is so bright covering my eyes doesn't block it all out. As the light dies down standing there is Father, although he looks completely different.

He looks like something akin to an angel. Ten white wings expand from his back, an illuminating halo floats over his head. Several light orbs hover and orbit around his body. Every flap of his graceful wings lets out a glittering radiance that can only be called majestic.

“Father, you look so cool.” I say quietly to myself in complete awe of his appearance.

“Take this, Yuichi-kun,” Father says in soothing voice fitting of his current appearance. One of the light orbs flies towards me before entering into my body, which instantly feels a lot lighter. My wounds slowly close as glitter like substance flows out my body.

“That Grimoire, gives life. The direct opposite of Thanatos'.” Cock analyses.

“Rather than destroying all indiscriminately, don't you think a power that lends one your strength is much more appealing, Cocytus?” Father smiles, “Now lets continue!!” Father beats his ten wings and flies at Cock so fast he's basically a blur. The flashy battle recommences.

“I've been nothing but a burden this entire fight, but this time, Disturb, I swear you shall fall.” I declare.

“There's no one in this world with a better immunity to your infection than me, let your death become the CURE!!” Disturb's Photon Options suddenly absorb a black aura being emanated from Nightmare, changing their colour to pitch black. “I didn't want to use a technique based on something Carrisa showed me, but oh well. Custom Thanatos Reaper Technique: Shadow Options!!”

I charge at Disturb as my hybrid sword and Nightmare cuts through the air.

Ching! - Our weapons interlock. Disturb breathes another vapour cloud, once again I jump back. Disturb's Shadow Options shoot out dark lasers, I dive to the side. I still don't know what those things are capable of. One more laser shoots and hits the floor. “UUURRGGHHH!!!” I scream in agony as I gaze at the hole in my shoulder that I swiftly cover with silver. I wipe away the sweat from my brow as I glare defiantly at Disturb.

“The Shadow Options possess the same ability as Nightmare?” I deduce. This is getting even more annoying.

Disturb smiles, “I used Nightmare to alter the nature of my Photon Options into the Shadow Options.” The Shadow Options each shoot towards the ground.

Blocking direct attacks is easy, but with these things constantly aiming for my shadow it makes it difficult to fight.

As the lasers continue their onslaught Disturb punches his fist into the ground, the surrounding battleground slowly turns into something closer to an ice rink. Ice spikes shoot at me from below I jump backwards, my feet skid along the smooth surface. The Shadow Options shoot again, I try to escape from the attacks but my feet skid along the ice. “GAAHHH!!” I grind in pain as a laser pierces my shadow's arm, and is thus transferred onto my flesh arm. Ignoring the pain I slam my own fist into the ground.

“Liquid Silver Technique: Silver Carpet!!” I run my silver through the frozen ground along with my flames conducted through it. The ice slowly melts, clearing my footing once again.

“Just like a virus, infect one part, and spread to all.”

“I'd rather be a virus than someone who can only hide from reality to the point he can't even understand something that is thrown directly into his face!!”

“Hah, your tricks won't infect me, nor will they any longer reach Lilicia.” Four of Disturb's Shadow Options revert back to Photon Options. The Photon Options shoot their lasers into Disturb's hand.

Wait, this pattern is!!

Disturb throws the created light sphere at me. I launch a fire stream. I need to dispel that attack. However, before the flames can reach it, the light orb separates into four, before shooting passed me and expanding. The engulfing light orbs broadcast my shadow from multiple angles towards Disturb.

Before I can react the four Shadow Options shoot their lasers as Nightmare screeches across the ground.

“DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!!!!”

“UUUMM-UMMM!!” Lilicia-chan struggles helplessly against her restraints.

“UUUUURRGGHHHHAAAAAA!!!” I scream in deathly agony, Nightmare slices across all four shadows as all the Shadow Options blast at will. Blood pours out of every single pore of my body. The lights slowly die down as I stagger trying to keep myself from falling.

“How is that my dear, Lilicia!? The virus is almost gone, soon I shall liberate you from his dark grasp. Do you see that Yuichi Shiro? Lilicia is so happy at the thought of being rid of you, she's literally crying tears of joy!!”

I stand strong as I look at Lilicia-chan's so called tears of joy. “Just how sick are you!? Even the most deluded can see that she's crying from fear, wake up from your damn dream already. Especially when your dreams are Lilicia-chan's nightmares!!” Disturb's sickening mind increases my will to win, and the huge desire of smashing his face.

“Sick? Deluded? Dream? In that case should I wake you up from your delusion as well then, Yuichi Shiro, and let you know the real harsh truth?”

“What are you talking about!?”

“Simple, Yuichi Shiro...” Disturb closes his eyes for a moment before letting loose an absolute taboo from his lips, “You're not beautiful in the slightest, in fact I'd say you're outright ugly.” He sneers along with his claim.

“””…...””” Everything falls silent, I'm unable to hear my surroundings. The entire area turns white as something wells up inside of me.

This guy has tormented Lilicia-chan, a kind girl who accepted me right from our first meeting. He hurt the woman who is to be my bride. AND HE SAID I'M UGLY!!

DON'T FUCK WITH ME!!!” I scream as I feel my power rising. It's finally here, oh how long I've been waiting for you. My emotionally induced deus ex machina power up!! With my outburst my surroundings regain their colours and I glare at my nemesis.

“What is this!?” Disturb screams, his confident smile no longer on his face, “His ego has expanded his soul to galactic levels!! Soul Overdrive!? There's no way!!” The Shadow Options shoot at me, I dodge them with unreal speed.

“Poor Disturb,” Father smiles, “He knows not, what he's just done.” Father speeds past Cock who is looking at me in shock. Blood shoots out from several points in his body, Father attacked him numerous times in that one moment of passing him.

“Curse you both!!” He says in a puddle of his own blood.

I readjust my sight to Disturb who is still looking on in horror. “There's no way the future leader of Thanatos will fall to a mere Human Anomaly!!” The Shadow Options shoot again along with multiple wind balls. I speed out of the way once again.

“Now it's my turn!! Gas Silver Technique: Torrential Hurricane!!” I shoot a massive quantity of silver in gas form that is swirling around uncontrollably. I've not been able to use gas silver until now, this deus ex machina power up is stronger than I thought.

“UUURRGHHHHAAA!!” Disturb's steam armour, ice mirrors, and Shadow Options are instantly destroyed as the hurricane launches him into the air, before dispersing itself. I drop my hybrid swords and jump after him.

SMACK!!

“GUHHH!!” I uppercut Disturb further into the air and create a silver platform as a foothold.

“That's for hurting Alicia!!” I use the foothold and jump with all my might after him. I'm not finished by a long shot!!

SMACK!!

“GGGGAAHHH!!” I punch him directly in the face whilst creating another foothold.

“That's for everything you've done to Lilicia-chan!!” I use the foothold and jump passed the falling Disturb, I create another foothold to jump back to him.

SMACK!!

“GRRRAAGHHHHH!!” I kick him in the back launching him further airborne.

“And this is for calling ME!! UGLY!! And everything else you've done!!” I kick off another silver platform I made and continue after the scumbag. I've been waiting far too long for this, I can keep this up all day.

SMACK SMACK SMACK SMACK!!!!

Using my speed and manifesting my silver platforms I continue to smash Disturb without letting him touch the ground. Until I feel my fatigue coming on.

SLAM!!

“GAAAAAAHHHHH!!” Blood shoots out from Disturb's mouth as his body lays sprawled out on the ground.

“I did it!!” I shoot my fist into the air, whilst my legs give out from under me and I fall onto my arse.

“Nicely done, Yuichi-kun.” Father congratulates whilst walking over with fatigued footsteps.

That technique must take a lot out of him. I give a weak thumbs up in response.

“Ha-ha-ha!!” Disturb rolls over onto his side, “It's not over yet...Did you think our entire force was within the Crusader?” Disturb smiles as he gets to his feet and slams his glowing hand into the ground. several magic circles appear and litter the battle area.

“This is bad, Yuichi-kun, neither of us have the strength left for another fight, even if they're grunts.” Father states.

“Yeah, I can't believe we were so careless as to not anticipate this!!” I grind my teeth in frustration.

Several reapers suddenly appear from the many circles, and then.....

They all fall to the ground in puddles of blood.

“What!!? What the hell is this!!?” Disturb yells in shock, his reinforcements are all in tatters. The only thing they're able to do is pollute the air with their pained groans.

Looking at the sight I am momentarily stunned into silence. Just what happened? No that doesn't matter.

“Ha-ha-ha-ha!!” Before I know it a smile has made its way to my face. Just seeing Disturb's face of anguish when his final ace literally fell has made my day. “Looks like your last trump card was just a bluff, Disturb!! I think I've got just enough strength to do this.” I declare as I get back to my feet.

“I'll have to join you on this one, Yuichi-kun, lets end this.” I smile at Father as we both charge and jump at Disturb over the top of multiple bodies.

BANG!!

“URGGHH!!” Our combined fists smash into Disturb's face, who rolls backwards along the floor before coming to a skidding stop.

“How...could...this...virus...beat...me....?” Disturb asked weakly, before finally losing consciousness.

“This time stay down!!” I shout.


Chapter 17D: Decisive Battle Against The Disturbed – Finishing Touches

A few moments later we attach the black collars to Disturb and Cock. Good riddance to them.

Father and I free the crying Lilicia-chan from her binds. Her arms instantly wrap around my body as she cries into my chest, I gently pat her head, as Father gives me a thumbs up that seems to be saying: 'Go all the way.' “Go all the way,” He vocalises a moment later.

“Can't, I'm too tired. Lets just finish up shall we?” I state, I'm crying inwardly from my weak resolve that can't respond to Father's encouragement. I swear I shall treble my training when this is over.

After Father frees Lilicia-chan from the binding collar, Lilicia-chan forcefully connects the littered bodies back to the Pandemonium mansion, they're in no shape to do anything anyway. We then walk through the door into the Crusader's control room. Standing in a capsule is a man who looks familiar to me.

“What the hell is Cock doing here!? Didn't we send him to that prison dimension?” I ask.

“That isn't Cocytus, Yuichi-niisama,” Lilicia-chan answers.

“That's Tartarus, the real head of the Thanatos family.” Father supplements.

“So he's the triplets and Carrisa's dad?” I just hope he's nothing like his eldest daughter or brother.

“Get him out of there, Lilicia.” Father orders. It's embarrassing, but after everything that's happened, Lilicia-chan is in the best physical condition of all of us. After pressing several buttons the capsule opens and Lilicia-chan pulls the exhausted cyan haired man out. He doesn't look like he's going to wake up any time soon.

“Now we just need to get rid of the Crusader,” Father states as the three of us walk to the huge control panel.

“Ten minutes until Underworld Capital is in firing range, now charging lasers.” A robotic voice announces.

“We've got to do something!!” Lilicia-chan panics, “How do we stop this?”

“”Press the big red button!!”” Father and I say simultaneously.

“Huh?”

“The big red button is always….” I begin.

“The self destruct button,” Father finishes.

“Really?” Lilicia-chan looks confused. But after further urging she presses it anyway.

“The Crusader will self destruct in T minus three minutes, all personnel please evacuate immediately,” The robotic voice announces.

“It really was!? Just how foolish were the people who made this?” Lilicia-chan says doubtfully.

“Everyone,” I talk into my communicator, “If you haven't already heard we're blowing this thing up, so get the hell out!!” I shout.

“””Right!!””” Everyone answers. Good response.

We go back to where we lay Tartarus Thanatos and together, “Our destination is the Pandemonium Mansion, Connect!!”

A few minutes later we observe a huge group of fireworks fall from the sky. “Yuichi,” Alicia slowly walks towards me, her wounds have been treated. As I turn around to smile to her.

Huh? What the? My body? My head suddenly feels heavy and my body falls forward.

“YUICHI!!” Alicia's screams as my mind falls into the rapture of darkness.


Chapter 17E: Decisive Battle Against The Disturbed – Aftermath (Perspective: None)

Two men and one woman were in a small room, they were the three gods that ruled the Sky, the Sea, and the Underworld.

“It seems your little game has ended in failure, Zeus,” Hades says with anger mixed into his voice. “You gave Cocytus the knowledge he required to activate an ancient weapon, and watched like a spectator. What were you planning? Were you going to use Cocytus as a puppet ruler, or were you going to seize complete control for yourself?”

The blond haired man smiled, “Are you going to believe the words of a terrorist over mine, Hades? If you're going to accuse me, you better have something more than the words of a couple of deluded fools.” Zeus replied confidently.

Hades smiled whilst shaking his head slightly, “You're right in thinking I have no proof. However, dear brother,” With instant movement Hades appeared right in front of Zeus and...

SMACK!! - Zeus was sent skidding along the ground.

“Just because I can't prove, doesn't mean I don't know. Tartarus and his family were placed in great danger because of your little game. And FYI, I consider Tartarus as more of a brother than I do you.” Hades glared coldly as he stared down at his blood brother.

Zeus returned the glare as lightning began to run along his body. When this time Poseidon stood over him she pointed a gold coloured trident at her brother's neck with a happy go lucky smile on her face. “Nuh-uh, Zeus-niisama. If you and Hades-niisama are going to go at it, don't think I'm just going to play mediator.” Her happy smile transformed to one of sheer seriousness. “I much prefer playing favourites, and between you and Hades-niisama, you don't need to ask which of you I love more, right?”

Noticing the disadvantage, Zeus dispersed the lightning coursing through his body. At seeing this Poseidon's smile returned and she withdrew her trident.

Zeus patted himself off before declaring, “I'm leaving.” His body transformed into lightning before disappearing.


Chapter 17F: Decisive Battle Against The Disturbed – Lord Yuichi Shiro

I slowly open my eyes to the harsh light that assaults my pupils. “Gah,” I grunt as I shield my eyes.

“Your awake,” Father says, I turn to face him, he's sitting elegantly in a chair, “How are you feeling?”

“Tired...” I reply.

“Ha-ha-ha, well of course you are,” Father smiles before his face turns serious, “Your sudden exhaustion was caused as an after effect of those pills. It will be a little while before you can move normally.”

“I see...”

“Yuichi-kun, I'm sorry.” Father bows his head deeply, “Even knowing the effects these pills would have, I still gave them to you. I also forced you to continue fighting using the Grimoire, despite you being exhausted, I'm truly sorry.”

I shake my head, “Don't be, that was my wish remember, I didn't want to fall until it was all over.”

Father raises his head and smiles gently to me. There is no way I could ever hate this great man, I'm still alive in no short thanks to him.

“After I told Alicia and Lilicia the reason you collapsed, I got double slapped,” Father says meekly whilst rubbing his cheeks painfully. “Anyway, Yuichi-kun, I have some news regarding your reward for helping to avert this crisis.” Father takes out something that looks like a certificate before reciting its contents, “I, Hades, as ruler of the Underworld in thanks to my man, Yuichi Shiro, and his assistance in averting Cocytus and Disturb Thanatos' plans, bestow upon him the title of Underworld Lord. I hereby order the above individual to establish the house of Shiro, and bestow his seed so that his house may prosper for all future generations.”

“Huh? What does that mean?” I ask in shock.

“Long story short, you're now an Underworld noble. This means you also need to secure an heir for the next generation.” Father explains.

“But aren't I marrying into Pandemonium?” I ask in shock. If that's the case won't all my offspring be Pandemonium's? Wait, please don't tell me, I don't want to hear Father say those horrible words.

“It means….” Father begins, I close my eyes and try and brace myself for the next words. “You need to take a second wife, one who will take the name Shiro.”

“HUH!?” I'm beyond confused, I feared he was going to tell me the engagement is off. “You mean I'm still fine to marry Alicia?” I almost cry from the relief.

“Of course you can!! If Hades-sama gave you an order to prevent that, I'd be the one starting the next war. It just means you will manage your own house, whilst still being part of the Pandemonium family. So congratulations on unlocking the harem route, Yuichi-kun.” Father smiles whilst giving me a thumbs up, which I return.

With this more girls can come to know the incarnate of beauty that is Yuichi Shiro. Hades-sama, for granting me this privilege, you've got yourself another devoted believer.

“Oh, by the way, in preparation for your new manor that's being built, I've taken the liberty of writing the job advert for the maids who will serve you. What do you think of this?” Father unrolls a poster with a young woman wearing a skimpy maid outfit. The text reads: 'Wanted, new beautiful maids to work for the new house of Shiro, no experience necessary, but must be cute/beautiful and aged between 16 and 25. Must be prepared to remove all articles of clothing as the master requires at a moment's notice.'

“Wow, amazing, but will anyone apply with such an advertisement? I ask.

“I've only put up the ad three hours ago, and we've already had forty-six applications.”

As many as that!? Well, with my wonderful looks, nothing is surprising. I smile to myself. “Father, it's perfect!!” I declare.

“Your smile made literally throwing all my top priority work out the window, all the more meaningful, Yuichi-kun.”

You literally threw top priority work out a window to create a job advert for me? Father, I'm moved by your greatness, as expected of my role model.

“Okay, I'll let you rest, I've still got other sites I need to post this on, good night.” Father smiles before closing the door behind him.

Looks like a maid paradise is just around the corner.


Chapter 17G: Decisive Battle Against The Disturbed – Honest Feelings

A knock at the door wakes me up. After the excitement of learning about my new rank I fell back to sleep. Alicia walks in, slightly fidgeting, she looks at me with a red face.

“Alicia?” I call her in confusion. She's acting strange.

“Congratulations for becoming a noble,” she begins.

“Uh yeah, um did Father mention just what it entails with me becoming a lord?” I ask. I highly doubt Alicia would be too optimistic about being one of two wives married to the same guy.

“I already know...” She sighs in resignation, “Being from the living world you probably wouldn't know this, but men having several women is nothing uncommon here. Particularly when it comes to nobility, well the current three families are exceptions to all the polygamy.”

True, Father only has eyes for Mother. I've never heard of him having another wife or mistress.

“I already knew given your personality that something like this would happen eventually. That's why I've just tried to secure myself as the main wife and I felt annoyed whenever I thought that position was threatened. I've come to put an end to that here and now.” Alicia declares.

“Huh? What do you mean put an end to it?”

“Yuichi, you're a pervert who humiliated me upon our first meeting. You always have your head in the clouds saying how beautiful you are, or misunderstanding things so that they always favour you. You blow your own ego with your claims to genius only to blissfully make a fool of yourself moments later.”

“Alicia are you trying to pick a….”

“But you also treasure your friends, and all those around you. You are always ready to be the hero no matter how many times you are kicked down, or how strong the opponent is. Even when you stick your nose where it doesn't belong and trip up along the way, you always make me feel that it was all for the best. Sometimes just being near you pisses me off, other times I'm glad you're with me. I've often wished that I had never met you, but much more often, I'm so happy that I have. The Yuichi Shiro who is always creating mass contradictory feelings within me. Is the Yuichi Shiro that I love...” Alicia silently looks into my eyes as I swallow my breath, “I really love you, Yuichi….” She reiterates and seals the final nail in the coffin, a single tear escapes my eye.

I knew with my beauty that she undoubtedly loved me, but this is the first time she's ever told me. Without regards to my weariness I grab Alicia's wrist and pull her into an embrace. “Me too, Alicia, I love you so much I just don't want to know a world without you.” Alicia's tears stain my shoulder as I continue holding her.

We slowly loosen our embrace and look into each others eyes. Our lips invite each other until they naturally overlap with a soft moist feeling. We share a slow passionate moment that I won't forget for all eternity.

On paper we were fiances from the second time we met. But it is this moment when it was fully embraced. Our engagement no longer held any strings or politics, it was just love between a man and woman.


Chapter 17H: Decisive Battle Against The Disturbed – The Girl's New Hero

After Alicia left I've been laying in my bed wide awake, unable to sleep. I guess feelings can revitalise a man. I smile to myself, when another knock comes from the door.

“It's open,” I call out. This time Lilicia-chan enters, she smiles lightly, before taking a seat by my bedside.

“Yuichi-niisama, thank you for rescuing me. I knew I could count on you.” Lilicia-chan smiles angelically.

“Don't worry about it. I also got heavily rewarded for helping, not that I wouldn't have done it for free. Maid paradise and nobility are just the cherry on top of the cake.”

“Father's told you about that then?” Lilicia-chan's smile turns into a pout, “I'm still annoyed my application was rejected because I'm under sixteen.”

Lilicia-chan applied? Maybe I should ask Father to decrease the minimum age.

Lilicia-chan's face then turns solemn. “Nii-sama, would you be willing to listen to a story?” She asks. I nod back.

“It was when I was twelve, Father took me to a party hosted by the Thanatos family. I met him, Disturb. Cocytus was trying to push for a union between our families, maybe he wanted Father's help to take control of Thanatos. But I instantly knew that despite Disturb's innocent smile, if I had married him, I would regret it. My instincts regarding people's natures has always been top notch, the face below the mask scared me. His true nature sent shivers through my body.” Lilicia-chan explains, “Father, later asked me how I felt about marrying Disturb. Political marriages have always been a norm for the upper echelons of society, I had therefore long since given up on the idea of marrying for love. But when he asked me, I tearfully begged him not to send me to that monster. I was honestly expecting to be forced regardless, but Father instantly agreed to my request. Saying he wouldn't sacrifice his daughter's happiness for politics.”

Father, your greatness is overflowing so greatly I can hardly hold back my tears. You deserve to be worshipped, hell, I'll build the church and statues myself if I have to.

“However, not long after, that happened. Like what happened this time, I was abducted. Disturb without his mask was just as I felt before, completely terrifying. But even then, he was still a Thanatos, our family couldn't openly fight them. I understood this so I felt I wasn't going to be saved and just cried in despair. Fortunately, that isn't what happened. Tsubaki, who had witnessed my kidnapping on the way back from Reaper school contacted and pleaded to her older sister to rescue me. Carrisa found me and proceeded to slash Disturb with her scythe, before blasting him with her ten Photon Options.”

“Those scars on Disturb's body?”

“Yes, some of them were from that incident. Afterwards the Thanatos family sincerely apologised and the incident was covered up so they could save face. Carrisa promised in return that for as long as she was around, Disturb won't walk within fifty miles of me.”

“As long as she's around, huh?” Well, she isn't much use when she isn't.

“Yes, I know. But I no longer need her,” Lilicia-chan gently holds my hand, “I have a new, cool, handsome hero.” She smiles. “Yuichi-niisama, has Onee-sama told you her feelings?”

“Yes, just a bit ago.”

“In that case I no longer have a reason to hold back.” Lilicia-chan smiles to me but her eyes look at me seriously. “Yuichi-niisama, just like Onee-sama, I too love you, and it's a feeling that only grows stronger each passing moment. I don't care if I'm your wife, your maid, your mistress, or concubine, I just wish to be yours.” For the second time today I am confessed to by a cute girl. Like before I can't help but hug her, she timidly hugs me back.

“Yuichi-niisama,” She calls, “My first time was stolen from me, please erase that horrible memory from my mind, with a wonderful second time.”

Lilicia-chan stands on her tiptoes, closes her eyes, and perks her lips. With a feast right in front of me I do the only logical thing, I eat.

I place my lips over hers. I shall remove the horrible taste she felt on her lips before.


Chapter 17I: Decisive Battle Against The Disturbed – A Secret Conflict (Perspective: None)

Sometime after the Crusader was destroyed but before Yuichi Shiro awoke from his fatigue. Stood in a sea of blood was a girl with long cyan hair. Her scythe was drenched in red from the many victims she fell. Her clothes had embroideries of icicles rising and of several crosses forming the shape of a cross. Tartarus Thanatos' oldest daughter, and currently a rogue Reaper, Carrisa Thanatos.

Several magical circles had forcefully teleported the bodies of her victims to another location, leaving only the stench of blood in the air.

“This will be the last time I help the Thanatos family,” she declared to herself.

“It seems even you can't throw away all your feelings,” A voice calls to her from behind, Carrisa slowly turns around to its owner.

“Ark, what is a member of Enigma doing here?”

“In order to reclaim Nadia's soul, I require a tool that'll enable me to negotiate with that man. If I can threaten his Queen, I'm sure he'd be more than willing to relinquish one of his Pawns.

“That's an interesting way of putting it, me his Queen. And just how does a lone Knight intend to put this Queen under such a threat?”

“You already know the answer to that, but before that I wish to ask you a question.” Ark begins, “Just what reason do you follow someone from that family of darkness?”

“Family of darkness, huh? Well I suppose my biggest reason would be love. As well as a desire. Do you have any idea why that man can't show his emotions?”

“…..” Ark remains silent.

“I believe he did it as a self defence mechanism. Growing up he watched his father fall under the effects of The Origin's Stigma. An inborn trait of all who share the Origin's blood. It allows a person to draw upon the Origin's power, but along with its power, comes its will. The Stigma manifests from a certain negative emotion and it slowly changes the person. To escape the Origin's influence, he naturally sealed all his emotions. Because of the Origin he has been turned into nothing short of a robot running on logic. I wish to remove the family's curse at its source, the Origin. But how? I'm unable to reach the Origin myself, therefore I need him to awaken his emotions. If I can guide him onto a path that leads him to despise the Origin, then he'll certainly kill it, and end the curse.”

“You're playing with fire, if he awakens his emotions there's also the chance he'll just be corrupted by the Origin, like all others before him.”

“I've decided I would remain at his side regardless of what path he takes.”

“I see, then there is nothing further for us to discuss, I'll have you come with me, Carrisa Thanatos.”

“You'll have to do it by force, Ark Orthrus.”

Unknown to all other parties, one more battle was to take place that night.

0