Vol 04 Ch02: (Un)peaceful Days
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 02A: (Un)peaceful Days – Unwanted Attraction (Perspective: Ren)

So slow! No matter how I think about it, there's no way it should take twenty five minutes to get changed.

We have arrived at the resort and likewise our first stop after checking in at our hotel was the beach. But the girls have yet to arrive and I'm standing by my lonesome, having already set up our gear.

Man, I wish Yuichi was here. I feel awkward standing around here by myself.

Yuichi's profile suddenly flies into my mind. "How about it Ren? If you're a man as beautiful as me, wearing speedos at the beach is an absolute must!" My imaginary Yuichi says confidently in a muscle flexing pose.

Gah! I suddenly feel real sick.

"Hey, you boy over there!" A loud obnoxious voice calls out to me. I turn around to its owner. Standing there is a girl who appearance wise would be called a beauty, but her tone could use some work. "Are you all alone? How about you keep me company? Speaking of which I could use a drink right about now? Your treat!" She demands haughtily whilst brushing her long brown hair behind her ears.

Jesus! Her real intentions leave as much to the imagination as her swimsuit.

I fold my arms in irritation and turn away. Even though I like to think of myself as a pleasant guy I can't deal with these types.

"HEY DON'T IGNORE ME!" She screams whilst running back into the centre of my vision, her face is dyed red in anger. I turn away from her again.

"HEY!"

So loud, leaving my phone and headphones at the hotel was a mistake. I need a tune to drown this loud voice. An arm suddenly turns me around and I'm forced to look at the annoying bitch's face from close range.

"Who do you think you are turning down this Erica Madarin's graceful invitation?" The girl, who introduced herself as Erica interrogates whilst glaring daggers at me with her blue eyes.

So troublesome, I guess I'll just put her in her place. Just when I decided to do that…

"Ren-sama, sorry for the wait!" My fiancé shouts whilst running to me from a distance away. Everyone else are a few paces behind her. I stare in wonder at Elizabeth's beautiful figure that wouldn't lose to any model. Her red one piece swimsuit, whilst not the most revealing, it does radiate her charm. A charm that could dazzle any man, me included.

"Beautiful," I whisper to myself. Nothing else enters my sight but Elizabeth as I feel an angel has descended.

I'm such a lucky man.


Chapter 02B: (Un)peaceful Days – Weed Killing (Perspective: Elizabeth)

"Hmm, I guess this is okay," I look at my swimsuit clad self in the mirror from several angles.

I have to show my elegance as Ren-sama's main wife without falling into the slutty category.

"Elizabeth-san, you're so pretty," My future sister-in-law compliments.

"Thank you, Sakura-san. You also look as cute as a button. I bet guys won't be able to keep their eyes off of you." I state my honest feelings.

Sakura-san's face blushes slightly as she averts her eyes. Her expression is almost screaming for me to hug her. "That would be….a problem..." She says quietly.

True, with the exception of Ren-sama and Yuichi Shiro, Sakura-san is not very good with boys.

"When Yuichi Shiro comes back from the Underworld you should invite him to go to a pool. He would be smitten with you to the point that he'd forget Alicia even existed."

Sakura-san smiles at my encouragement but her face is dyeing even redder. I can't understand why a girl like Sakura-san would like a guy like Yuichi Shiro. But as her sister, I'll do everything in my power to make her happy.

"Sakura, Elizabeth-san, are you ready?" Yuna-san asks while poking her head around the corner. Rather than a swimsuit they're she's wearing denim shorts and a white t-shirt.

I guess Yuna-san isn't trying to turn heads.

"Yeah, lets go. I can't keep Ren-sama waiting."

But before I can take my first step.

"How can you wear something so shameless, Ivana-san!" A loud voice echoes through the changing rooms. We quickly move to find the source. Mizuno-san is lecturing Alma-san whilst trying to urge her into a changing cubicle.

"But this is easy to move in," Alma-san responds with a slight tilt of the head.

"I don't care how easy it is, no classmate of mine is walking in public wearing a fundoshi!" Mizuno-san shouts as she waves her arms in dramatic motions.

"So you say, but this is the only swimsuit I've brought with me."

"Then wear your regular clothes!"

"Are you telling me to wear wet clothes for the rest of the day?"

It looks like Alma-san is set on swimming and hence Mizuno-san's complaints fall on deaf ears.

"Now, now, Akane-chan." Shiori-senpai (who is actually still in our grade) pacifies whilst walking between the two. "I figured this would happen so I came prepared." Shiori-senpai shows the duo another swimsuit on a hanger.

She brought a spare ahead of time, Shiori-senpai is very resourceful. She'd make a perfect concubine for Ren-sama.

"Are you telling me, a veteran Slayer, to wear this polkodot bikini?" Alma-san grunts with an unusual sense of shame.

Does she think wearing a fundoshi is any better?

Alma has an angry and rebellious expression on her face, but Shiori-senpai responds to the anger with an angelic smile.

"Then I suppose you don't mind if I tell you know who, about you know what?" Shiori-senpai asks with half open eyes. Alma-san shrinks back in fear and a face as red as a tomato.

"You...you wouldn't..." Alma-san stutters.

"Have I ever lied to you, Alma?" Shiori-senpai asks, still with a smile on her face. Alma-san grinds her back teeth before swiftly snatching the swimsuit and returning to one of the changing cubicles.

"Shiori-senpai wasn't that blackm…." I begin.

"Yes?" She interrupts me with the same smile she showed Alma-san.

"Ne….Never mind..."

My instincts are telling me making her an enemy would be nothing short of suicide.

A while later and we make our way to the beach when I suddenly catch sight of a brunette woman pestering Ren-sama. I can't hear what they're saying, but it's clear Ren-sama is troubled. I feel my eye twitch slightly in annoyance.

Ren-sama is way too good for you, slut! I won't let a weed like you near him!

The woman suddenly grabs Ren-sama's arm and turns him around. She forces her face to an almost point blank range.

Crack! - I feel a blood vessel popping inside my head.

Just who's fiancé do you think you're messing with!? Don't think I'll take this sitting down.

I quickly take a few deep breaths to regain my smile and calm.

"Ren-sama, sorry for the wait!" I shout whilst waving my hand and running to my soulmate's side.

"Elizabeth..." Ren stares at me in a daze.

Feel free to look at me all you like, as my fiancé you have that privilege.

The girl who was trying to harass Ren-sama glares at me in anger as she looks at me from head to toe. I show a confident smile before walking to Ren-sama's side and grip his arm with both my hands and lean my body into him.

"Eli...Elizabeth..." Ren-sama is suddenly stunned but his face is showing pure happiness at the sudden intimacy.

"Isn't their something men are suppose to say to their girlfriends when they see them in their swimsuits?" I ask in anticipation.

"It looks great on you, you're beautiful." Ren-sama says with an honest smile. I feel my face heat up from my beloved's compliment.

It's true what I heard about beaches in the living world. As you bare more skin, you bare more feelings.

In my happiness I wrap my arms around Ren-sama and hold him in an embrace. I then glare at the bitch who thought she could win Ren-sama over. After our little display she looks frustrated, maybe because she's being ignored in favour of another girl. These types of girls who flaunt their appearance have a great deal of pride in said appearance. So by removing her from Ren-sama's sight when she was trying to attract him is the greatest humiliation.

I give you credit for your eye in picking out your target. But you're not fit to be anything to Ren-sama so I'll have you leave.

I glare with hostility filled eyes as I mouth a silent sentence. 'Get lost, weed.' The girl grinds her teeth before storming off. I smile at my victory.

"Umm...Elizabeth, we're being watched." Ren-sama states. I release the embrace and then gaze at our surroundings.

"Elizabeth-san, you're so bold." Sakura-san says with a lightly flushed face.

"If you want to gain Onii-chan's favour you need to be just as bold, Sakura." Yuna-san says whilst patting Sakura-san's back.

"A frontal assault is the best way to gain results," Alma-san says whilst nodding her head.

"I wonder if Yuichi-kun is just as weak to such things as Ren-kun." Shiori-senpai says to herself.

"Cerberus-san, I'm pleased that you and Kirei-kun have such a good relationship, but there is a time and a place for such things." Mizuno-san says whilst adjusting her glasses back onto her face.

Is hugging in public such a huge taboo?

Clap Clap Clap!

Huh? What's with the applause?

I turn behind me and see a large mixture of people looking at us with admiring and kind eyes. Gah! did that conflict gather too much attention?

Ren-sama and I are surrounded by the standing ovation and whistling from the crowd, who got a front row seat to the previous skit. I feel my face immensely heat up, I didn't know we caused such a scene.


Chapter 02C: (Un)peaceful Days – The Inquisition (Perspective: None)

"I'm sorry your Holiness, I was unable to capture Ley-Mistletoe." Tsumi apologised through the darkness to a man who was sitting in a seat that looked closer to a throne.

"It doesn't matter," The black silhouette responds, "Ley-Mistletoe escaping was all part of my calculations."

Tsumi showed a shocked expression. After the incarceration of the Slayers only Ley was able to escape confinement. Tsumi was swiftly assigned the task of retrieving her, a task she was only too willing to complete for personal reasons. Yet, far from being angered at her failure, he was expecting it.

"She shall lead us to Ivana and Azusa. All our targets will gather in one place."

The silhouette was a man capable of thinking many steps ahead and coming up with countless flawless scenarios. The fact he was sitting on the throne at all was just a small demonstration of his cunning.

"However, that, was outside my calculations," Despite the man's figure being coated in darkness everyone present could feel his sharp gaze, "CLEMENTIA!"

"HIIIIEEEEEEE!" A girl's voice screamed though a radio. The sound echoed throughout the open hall. "I'M SORRY, I'M SOOOORRRRRY!"

"Clementia, hurry up and get over your androphobia. Talking to the acting Pope through a radio is beyond rude." Stated a grey haired man dressed in a black suit with a red coloured clerical collar.

"But Cotton….I can't take...it...You...Rigor-kun...his Holiness...there are too many men!" Clementia says with a shivering voice filled with fear.

"How can one of our elite Inquisitors be so afraid?" Cotton asked rhetorically.

"I'm sorry…." Clementia apologised again.

"Let it go, Cotton. No matter how much you get at her, it's not going to change anything." Tsumi stated, "But aren't we missing someone else?"

Cotton sighed in frustration, "One Inquisitor speaks through a radio, and another is tardy, just how lax is the Inquisition becoming?"

"Clementia, make yourself useful and go grab him, I'm going to need all of you for this next mission." The silhouette ordered.

"EHHHH! But Rigor-kun is a boy! IT'S IMPOSSIBLE!"

"Then use an intermediate..." The silhouette sighed in annoyance. His patience was running thin.

"Ah yes, that I can do." The radio makes a noise of static.

Despite the dark sect that all those in the hall belonged to, the huge banter between members was nothing unusual.


Chapter 02D: (Un)peaceful Days – ?Rigor Mortis? (Perspective: None)

A girl in her mid teens and dressed in a blue cheongsam walked down a long hallway before she stopped in front of a large door. Normal courtesy would require the girl to knock on the door before opening it. But this was a courtesy that she ignored as she opened the door and walked in without reservation.

"HA-HA-HA-HA! SO THOU HAST COMETH!" A loud male voice shouted from above. The girl stared up to the source. Ignoring the horrible smell that polluted the air. She glared in discontent at a teenage boy who was sitting on a chair balanced on top of a tower created by numerous human corpses.

"TO INVADE MY TEMPLE. THE LAIR OF THE GREAT..." The boy began.

"Jimmy." The girl finished.

"YES THE GREAT JIMMY CHAPMAN! HEY WAIT….Woah!"

Bang! - The boy stumbled off his chair and fell the ten metre drop from his throne to the ground.

"Owiee..." He exclaimed painfully in a pre tear state, before glaring at the girl. "How many times do I have to tell you, Xiao? It's not Jimmy. It's Rigor, Rigor Mortis!"

"Yes, yes," the girl, Xiao, answered in an uncaring monotone voice. "Please keep your Chuunibyou delusions in moderation. And stop bringing the corpses of heretics back here, think about the girl who has to dig the pit to drop them in."

"Don't touch my throne, Xiao. It took forever to get the tower's balance right!" The boy complained childishly.

"Anyway, his Holiness Iodine is asking for you, so hurry up and go," Xiao demanded in a tone that would make people believe she was the superior, a belief that was false. This boy, despite his youth and delusions, was one of the elite Inquisitors.

"HA-HA-HA-HA! So the lord of darkness desires the presence of this Rigor Mortis!? I wonder what destruction we shall be raining on the world this time! My Evil Eye is twitching in anticipation!" The boy, Rigor Mortis, states as he places a hand over his closed, crying, left eye.

"If it hurts so much, then don't put the colour contact in your eye in the first place." Xiao admonished.

Ahem! - Rigor cleared his throat and returned to his character setting.

"It's time for me put to put my new dark pact to good use." Rigor smiled as he grasped the Soul Slayer he had been given, a sinister smile was plastered on his face.

"Xiao, my brethren await, look after my temple whilst I am gone." Rigor ordered as he walked past his subordinate, when he suddenly lights two matches and throws them at two spilled liquids. Flames ignite and engulf the room, Rigor, not minding the inferno, flutters his long black cape and walks straight through the fire and closes the door.

"OI! Jimmy! Don't just set the room on fire for dramatic effect! Think about the girl who has to put the damn thing out!" Xiao's complaints fell on deaf ears. "YOU DAMN CHUUNIBYOU!"

0