1: transformation
69 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hurts.. it hurts...save..me, ..brother..."

A youth writhing in pain in his bed, hand covered his head. Pleas of help can be heard slip out from his mouth. His thin body trembled, seemingly withstanding thousand kinds of pain. 

BAM! BAM! 

The youth start to bang his head against the headboard of the bed repeatedly, as if he was feeling no pain from it. Blood began to pour out from the gaping wound on his forehead, staining his pale face red.

Darkness enveloped the room as no light seeped through the window. The night is clear with no clouds hanging in the sky, but the sky is pitch black as if god had painted the scene black. No lights can be seen within the city, all lights had died. 

After some time, the youth stopped banging his head. His eyes blank as if his soul already escaped him. He slowly wiped the blood off him, his movement sluggish.

In the pitch plack room, the youth slowly stood from his bed and walked to a full body mirror hanging beside the desk. He walked at a snail pace before he reached in front of the mirror.

Standing in front of the mirror is a youth with a pair of dull red eyes and grey skin, teeth sharp and nails long. There was no trace of a fair boy with his bright obsidian eyes he was before.

The youth traced his face in the mirror, his nails scratched the smooth surface of the mirror, causing a sharp, screeching sound.

"Wh..aat is..happen..ing..?" The youth question, only to be shocked by his hoarse voice and the difficulty of the simple act of talking.

The youth stumbled back, a unimaginable conjecture formed in his mind. He slowly walked to the window, and opened it by exerting no small amount of effort. He looked up to the moon hung up high in the sky, and widened his eyes at the sight of it.

The moon was pitch black.

At the sight of the shocking eclipse and the dark city, the youth finally confirmed his conjecture.

The apocalypse has come.

2 days before apocalypse

"Brother Ze!" A melodious cry acompanied by a peal of laughter sounded in the hallway of the prestigious Xuanyuan Family's mansion.

The mansion is decorated in heavy western antique style, visible from the delicate vases and antique clock and ornament placed in the hallway.

A boy roughly fifteen of age can be seen running through the corridor, face flushed pink by excitement.

He has a straight neck length jet black hair and a pair of bright obsidian eyes. He is roughly 170 cm of height. He has a clean beautiful face and a slightly slanted and rounded eyes. His skin so white that it looks like a sickly patient. He look just like a beautiful young maiden, but if you observe him long enough, you will find that he is indeed a boy.

Sound of footsteps keep sounding in the hallway until a tall young man appeared at the end of it. Seeing him, the youth called out, "Brother Ze!"

The young man apparently heard his call, responded with a smile as soothing as a spring breeze.

"Xiao Yi, you are running in the corridor again." The young man said, sounding a bit helpless.

The youth and the young man was Xuanyuan Yi and Shi Ze. Xuanyuan Yi was the young master of the prestigious Xuanyuan Family. It was a behemoth family with over hundred years of history. Their roots deep in the politic or even the business world. Shi Ze was the son of an old friend of the Xuanyuan head, but because of a unfortunate accident, he was adopted into the family.

"Brother, you're back?" Yi said, his face carried an obvious excitement.

"Be good, Xiao Yi. Brother only here to get my assignment i forgot and gonna fly back soon to my campus. After that we will play as long as you want, okay?" Said Shi Ze while patting his soft hair.

"Whaat? I don't wanna~" the youth pouted in a childish manner. Shi Ze chuckled, messing the youth's hair and said, "be good, i will be back after i finish my thing. Just wait three more days."

The youth pouted and showed his angry expression, but it only looked adorable coming from him.

"Just three more days, okay?" The youth said reluctantly, he compromised.

The youth looked on as the car that carried his beloved brother went away, eyes full of longing. But it was only a split second as his eyes became cold and indiffrent.

"Three more days, hm.." he murmured as he went back to his room, eyes carried a hint of obsession and fanatism.

10 hours before apocalypse

"Hmmm~ hm...hmm~" the youth was humming as he read through the magazine, clearly not paying attention to it.

Shi Ze will be back soon so the youth was very happy and cheerful throughout the day. The servants tended to him was were silent, face pale.

The young master is happy. This fact had scared the servants working in the mansion. It has to be known that the young master of this family was known for his cruelty. Although still at the tender age of 15, the amount of lives he has taken was something that has to be feared.

If the young master was in a foul mood, maybe he will just give you a punisment and be done with you as he didn't have the mood to take care of you. But if he were in a good mood, you may not know what torture you would be subjected the moment you mess up his mood.

"Tomorrow Brother Ze will come home. If i see even a slight off in the mansion by that time, you know what to come~~" the youth said, tone cheerful.

Of course. Who in this house didn't know the young master is obsessed to young master Shi. If Shi Ze even the slightest uncomfortable, their ending may not be as good as offending the young master.

It was not that his parent didn't care for him so they didn't know his everyday conduct. But in this house, the youth is the master. Not even the most experienced servant dare to tell the family head.

The youth was skipping as he combed through his wardrobe, seemingly searching for the appropriate one. 

"I have to be beautiful enough if i want to meet brother tomorrow. What should i wear for tomorrow, hm?"

The youth picked a delicate silver blue morning dress with dark blue coat. The youth smiled, satisfied.

After handing the clothes to the servant, the youth preparing to go to bed early. His body is weak, so he can't do strenuous exercise. If not, he wouldn't be trapped here to recuperate, instead be learning to manage business in the capital.

"Fortunately i have Brother Ze. If not, maybe i would already be a top serial murderer killing to relieve my accumulated stress." The youth said lightly while sighing, as if he just talked about something unimportant.

The moon shining through the window, illuminating the dark room. Steady breathing sound of the youth can be heard, indicated his state of sleep.

"Tik, tok, tik, tok" the ticking sound of a grandfather clock can be heard from across the room, strangely loud.

The cloud in the sky retreated, leaving a brightly lit moon. Then as if on cue, the moonlight bagan to fade and the world turned dark as the grandfather clock issued a loud ringing sound.

"DONG! DONG! DONG!"

"Uaagh!" A yell of pain sounded, coming from the young master that seemed to be awakened.

"M..my head... why is..it hurt.., so fucking..much..!" Stuttered the youth. His teeth issued a grinding sound as he gritted his teeth and covered his head. His pain can be seen from the suffering expression he has.

Minutes become hours, and the pain didn't seem wanted to free the youth anytime soon. Sweat and tears soaked the youth. His eyes began to lose focus.

Sh..it! Is it..the illness again..?! ..It..hurts..so much.. is it ret..ribution..? Becaus..e i was..being..bad i has..to..die?! If so... IF SO...!!

"I'M NOT WILLING!! NOT ONE, NOT EVEN GOD CAN TAKE ME AWAY FROM HIS SIDE!!!" A sharp yell can be heard escaping the youth, his face resentful. His hair messy and clung to his face because of the sweat. His eyes red and blood seeped from his mouth. He looked like an evil spirit.

The youth banged his head against the bed headboard, disregarding the pain and blood that flowed out, seemingly wanted to crush the pain in his head.

After blood dyed his body red did he stop. "Ah..h" he seemed to have realize the blood staining his face. He wiped it with his hand, smearing more blood to his face. He didn't seem to realize it.

He walked towards the mirror hanging beside his desk, movement sluggish.

Standing in fornt of the mirror, it was no longer the fair youth from before. It was an evil spirit.

A dull pair of red eyes, gray skin that has been stained by blood. A gaping hole in the forehead that has half rotten, a sharp teeth and ling nails. No matter how you looked at it, he was no longer human.

A chill run through the youth as he turned back and headed to the window. What he saw was the unbelievable sight of a pitch black scene, no lights can be seen as long as eyes can see.

What is more shocking was his eyesight that seemed to be doing just fine in the deep darkness, and his stiff and sluggish movement.

His mind began to spin at an extraordinary pace, gradually forming a frightening conjecture.

The apocalypse has come.

okay, so this is chapter 1, guys! For you guys that is questioning his ability to think fast after he became a zombie, it will be clarified in the later chapter. Enjoy!

3