An Offer
68 3 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

God's Realm


Samuel opened his eyes. What greeted him was a black sky with nothing.

Getting up, he looked around, only to see more dull and voidless black.

Far beyond the eye could see was more and more black. It was completely empty.

Well, it would've been empty if it wasn't for an office desk that was just there in the place.

Walking cautiously over to it, Samuel could see a young man sitting behind it.

The man looked to be in his early twenties and sported a tuxedo, almost as if this was a formal occasion.

Samuel could see that the man was too busy trying to sort through the paperwork on his desk.

Only when he got to a certain file did he look up and see Samuel.

Beckoning for him to come over, the man waves his hands.

Taking a seat on one of the chairs that seemed to have magically appeared, Samuel asks the important question, "Where am I?"

To which the man replies, "You're in my realm, after being stabbed to death by a mugger, I brought your soul here."

To the reply, Samuel already figured he was dead, but was kinda curious about that last part, so inquisitively he asks "Who are you? And what do you mean you brought my soul here?"

The man looks embarrassed after being asked the questions, but quickly regains his composure.

He responds, "I understand that you might be a bit confused. After all, you just died and now some person is saying that they brought your soul here. If I was in your situation, I would be confused too. Now, I really should stop delaying the introduction, I'm God."

"So God does exist after all" Samuel thinks to himself.

God gives out a light chuckle, "Well, of course I exist, it's just that I don't meddle in mortal affairs. Although, I do offer advice from time to time."

After which, God puts on a business face. 

Samuel, surprised by the drastic change in the mood asks, "If you brought my soul up here, what do you want from me?"

God replies, "Very direct, I don't mind though. You see, as I was watching your death in the alley, I heard your last wish, to be able to go back in time and change your future. I could allow you to do that, but I require something in return..."

"And what would that be?" (Samuel)

"Entertainment. Don't act surprised, although I'm God, it's extremely boring up here. Do you want to know how boring it is to watch reruns of old 80's movies!?"

Samuel almost winced after hearing that.

"Especially when the actors can't even put on a convincing performance?!"

Samuel nervously asks, "But shouldn't you be able to watch shows from today, since you're God and all?"

Which seemed to annoy God off even more, "Now don't even get me started on that! But yes, back to the topic, I could return you back in time, essentially making you a regressor, if you agree to provide me with entertainment."

Samuel thought this offer was too good to be true, so he asks "But why me? You have plenty of other actors to choose from, why not pick those?"

God thinks for a moment before replying, "Because I want to see how a regressor actor would act like and how famous they would become. If you don't believe me, look at the contract."

God hands Samuel a sheet of paper. On it, it says, quite simply;

  1. The recipient of this contract must provide the person who issues it entertainment of any value for as long as this contract is valid.
  2. In exchange, the person who issues this contract agrees to transport the recipient back in time once.
  3. Once at a decent fame level, the recipient must tutor other actors for the sake of workload sharing and so the recipient themselves can also have fun (there's no point in this if you don't have fun)
  4. This contract is valid for as long as the recipient is alive.
  5. Failure to meet these guidelines will result in the recipient's soul being shattered on death
  6. Ṫ̴̞̠h̴̟̼̿̓e̴̮̮͑̊ ̸͈̱̎r̸͖͆͂e̸̜͘c̷̮͋i̷̮̳̍p̵̲̅̇i̷͈̅ę̷̓n̵͔̙͐t̵̟͗̊ ̸̍̈͜á̶͕l̵̫̎̑s̷̭̔͌ȯ̵̪̝̋ ̸͔͂a̸̘͗g̶̨̪̀̽ȑ̴̹̳̌ê̴͇͂e̷̿͜s̶͚̙̒ ̴͕͐̈́t̵͚͌̕o̴̪̜͐͐ ̶̳͙̈́̾h̴̦͝a̶̩̽̈́v̸̛͓̺͗e̸̫͐ ̸̳̂͜ẫ̶̺̭ ̴̩̺̇̌m̷̫̥͝ï̷̳̞͊n̵̛̦į̶̛̙m̷͕̅̀u̵̡͎͒ṁ̴̹͖ ̵͕̙̿̑ǫ̸͈͑f̸͔͔̔ ̷͇̝́͘ò̷͉̄ǹ̵͉͗ẽ̶̳ ̴̜̤͛Y̷̑̃ͅa̷̢̰̚͘n̷̪͊ḑ̶̯̇e̴͖͎͐ȓ̵͎͜e̶̛̗͈̚ ̵̯̖̑a̷̰̽͘f̴͎̃͘ͅt̸͇͌͋e̶͍͌r̵̪͍̈́̽ ̷̘̖̌t̸͇͘h̷̼͕̋ë̸̖́͘m̶͎̬̏
  7. The recipient can also ask for ONE favor from the issuer
  8. If you agree to this contract please sign here: ___________

Although it was a bit worrying that Samuel couldn't see what number 7 was, everything else seemed reasonable. Plus it was not like he was in the position to argue if he didn't like it.

So quickly and without hesitation, Samuel handed the paper back to God, who immediately signed his name.

After the procedures were done, God waved his hands and Samuel's vision went black...

And that's all folks. See I'm not like senpai! I don't procrastinate...I'm watching you senpai. I need that new chapter. Also, from here on out, chapters will get longer and everything will be told in Samuel's PoV

1