Chapter 5: I Wrote A Plan?
1.8k 8 42
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Tadaima!” We shout as my dad closes the front door behind us. 

“Okaeri. So, did you have fun?” my mother walks in while wearing an apron and warm smile.

“Hai! Oka-san!” I smile and run to up the stairs. Tuck in my cross under my shirt and feel the sensation of cold metal against my chest.

The National Robo Cup was fun, albeit a little humid with all the people. 

 “Be careful!” mother I disappear up the stairs

As I come up in a rush to get to my room I step on a banana peel.

There was one. I swear!

“Ahh!” 

Expecting the ground, I braced myself 

Though I only feel warm hands around me

“Ara, Ara… Kazuya be careful…”

The one who caught me was Shirou Shinomiya. My sister, she had light skin, brown hair deep gorgeous blue eyes, and a beautiful figure. 

“Okay… Uhmm Shino-nee-sama…” I look away but this time I wasn’t acting shy she was only wearing a… 

“Yes…” she looks at me

“Your… your wearing…” I say blushing still looking to the side.

“Yes? What is it” she smiles

“Yo-you are only wearing a towel!” I say in a higher volume than I meant

Come on! I am a healthy six year old virgin boy going through puberty okay?! Well it’s a bit early. And add 17 to that but that’s not important.

‘Ohoho lusting after your sister I see…’

‘Shut it.’

“Huh? Oh… I see” as if she had not noticed. But then she grins

She hugs me “Hohoho… So you are embarrassed by your sister. You are so Kawaiii! Well, you said I was going to be your bride, right?”

“Tha-that was…”

So you are probably wondering how that happened. Well, let me tell you about that via another flash back. And, no, I didn’t seduce my sister okay? 

‘Cue Flashback tudududu...’

_________________________________________

‘So, you are saying you will do anything for a hint on which visual novel you are in?’

I was in the bath with my older sister, and the self proclaim angel said in my mind as my sister scrubs my back.

‘Yess… How many times have I said?’ I groan as I grasp the silver cross in my hand

“Kazuya-kun… Why are you holding that in the bath?” she asked in a somewhat confused tone.

“No-nothing.” I mutter

“Hmmm… okay, now don’t move around too much.” she says as she continues to scrub my back 

 I was used to it somewhat, because she doted on me and sometimes takes a bath with me because she saw me as cute, but I was still flustered by this, okay? Though I did try not to look.

‘Are you sure, sure?’

‘Yes!’ I inwardly exclaimed

‘Okay, so here is what you have to do’…

It was cold winters morning as a cake was laid on the table last year. My family sang birthday songs to me. As I sat there with a birthday cap and blew the candles. Claps were heard and my sister asked 

“So, so? Kazuya-san what did you wish for?” 

I say with the brightest and innocent smile I can muster and try not to cringe.

“To marry Onee-chan!”

...

_________________________________________

‘Tudududu…’

‘…’ I hear a voice chuckle

And we are back to my sister hugging me. After that her doting and teasing became much worse and she would barge in while I bathed. And she would play kisses with me saying that it was fine because we were siblings.

It was not fine.

And was the hint useful?

It was not.

‘You sure are enjoying this aren’t you? My my… so Kyousuke was actually a sis-con huh?” a voice break my thoughts.

‘No, I am not! This is also your fault you know? You gave her more ammo to tease me’

I peel off Shino-nee and ran to my room.

“Ara… Ara… he is so kawaiii…” I hear as I close the door. 

I took a few deep breaths and purged a bunch of unholy thoughts from my mind. 

I sigh as I look around my room. It was what I imagined a normal room looked like with a wooden floor, a bed with blue covers and a white pillow on the right side against the wall. A dark wood desk, chair and shelf at the right side, with a window in the far middle. Some toys were scattered about to keep my façade of being an innocent though smart boy.

I saunter over to the shelf then pull out five thick books about religion which was provided by my supportive mother thinking it was okay I wanted to become a priest. 

Behind was a leather bound notebook. I take it and sat down at the chair, and I opened it on top the desk. Angelica stays quiet and crosses her legs atop a mechanical sharpener, curious about what I was planning to do.

On the first page were a bunch of scribbles, writings and erasures as I tried to figure out where I was. I did not have a lot to go on, and 

‘The hint the Angelica gave me was an image of me in the game but without the main characters so it was useless.’

I hear a chuckle.

I tear off the first page and produce a pencil from the desk drawer. And try to recall what I knew about this visual novel. First, let’s put together all the information we have.

1) If my heart had wings is a visual novel about a boy named Aoi Minase as he and his club dream of soaring the skies and reaching the Morning Glory using a glider.

2) The Characters are:

Aoi: MC, emotional core of the group. Tender, kind and does what is best for every one. Broke his knee in his 2nd nationals race, which prevents him from cycling. Comes back to his home town after five years…

Ageha: Aoi’s best friend and love interest. A tease…

Kotori: Had her legs broken in a airship accident, sugar-salt personality. Love interest of Aoi.

Amane: smart, beautiful even though she never takes care of herself in the game. Called unkempt beauty…

Asa and Yoru: twins and grandchildren of the Keifuu Academy Chairman of the board and also the owner of said company that controls the area. Can both be romanced by Aoi…

3) Story takes place at Kazeguara. A windy town far from here.

4) The events will take place ten years from now because I assume Amane was 13 at this time and was 23 at the start of the game. I am 1-2 years older than the Aoi.

5) The story will change depending on which girl Aoi chooses to pursue. And if he gets a the bad end he can Segway into Kanako or Hotaru.

6) I can only influence the game to a ‘certain degree’ meaning I can’t go too overboard with my meddling.

7) In the game, you can only access the other routes after you finished Kotori’s route.

8) I am a mob

9) Out of all the paths, the best path I think is Kotori’s because it leads to her getting her ability to walk back, her will to live and the club reaching the morning glory…

I write down a few more then proceed to write down questions. And put in answers

1) How should I influence the story? 

-Not too heavily to retain the value of knowing the plot.

2) How do I integrate myself into said story?

-I remember the oldman saying that we had a house. At Kazeguara, I should go there for summer vacation. Though when should I?

3) Who should I go for?

-Amane.

4) What role should I take in the story

-I should try to get a bit of power to atleast protect Soaring club, but not too much and not too little. Question is how?

5) What restraints will I face

‘Angelica? Can you-‘ I look up at her

‘No.’ she sighs

??????

6) How do I steer Aoi to go for Kotori?

Burn that bridge when we get to it. 

7) Do I want to be a pilot and use the glider.

Yes.

The  most important questions are 2, 4, and 7 because it will heavy impact the story, though just me being there will too.

For number 2, I should integrate myself into the story by visiting Kazeguara for the summer vacation and convince my parents to let me. There, I will get closer to Aoi and the others, and confess to Aoi…

Wait.

No.

I mean, help Aoi confess to Ageha. This will solidify my existence in the story. For when I will visit I have to wait for the opportunity…

As for number 4, I should strive to become student council president, and even if I have to wear persona to do so. That will give me influence to tweak and fix the story.

And for 5, I will fly but, I will let Aoi bring Amane to the Morning Glory. And if I change my mind, so be it.

‘Oh, I see good plan. It has my angel’s seal of approval.’ she belts sarcastically as she puts up a thumb

‘As if your seal of approval has any worth…’ I thought, as Angelica gave an offended gasp, ‘How dare you!’ Oops, I thought that outloud.

I roll my eyes and shake my then continue.

I proceed to draw a decision tree. One that depends on Aoi’s choices, though my memory is a bit hazy at this point.

I rotate the notebook 90 degrees so it was landscape. And proceeded to draw a box at the left most side and write Aoi Minase. Then a line to two boxes to the right. And write down his choices

‘Leave with Kotori.’

‘Wait for Ageha.’

I continue this until I had finished the tree. Then proceed to note down things I should look out for…

_________________________________________

*Knock knock*

“Kazuya. Come down. Its time for dinner.” The voice of my mother calls out as I hear the foots steps walk away. 

Having broken my focus, I look around to see that Angelica is nowhere to be seen..

‘She must be busy with something…’ I thought as I hold my cross only to see shining letters on where she was sat before, which read

‘BRB…’

I close the leather-bound note book and hide it behind the five gospel books and went down to the diner table.

_________________________________________

“Itadakimasu!”

I say as we sat down together at the dinner table, I look to find the meal in front of me. Dinner for today was chicken curry.

Dining with me were my father, mother, older sister and my sister who was two years younger. Shirou Kanon, brown hair, green eyes and skin the same as my father. She was a lively outgoing kid who always opted to play outside than to use gadgets or read books.

 I picked up my spoon and started eating.

“Onee-san, pass the salt please.”

The food was amazing, the chicken’s flavor was brought out, it was cooked just right. It was a bit spicy but it was good. The vegetable also added the effect of defusing much of the saltiness of the dish. As expected of my mom.

“So, can you tell about what happened at the Convention?” my mother ask.

“It was good! Akihiko won the championship, and more importantly he finally has a girl!” everyone looked at father in surprise

“What! Really!” Shino-nee exclaimed. While my mother just smiled warmly.

As I was eating my share of the food…

“But he isn’t the only one who had his heart stolen. Isn’t that right, Kazuya?” He grins and looks at me, then followed by the others.

‘Dad…’

“Kazuya here has finally met the girl of his dreams. Isn’t that right, Kazuya? And did you know? It was quite the smart beauty as well.” he says grinning as I glare at him.

‘You traitor…’

“Wahhh! Onii-chan has a girlfriend?” Kanon exclaims

“Oh my, they grow up too fast one minute I was teaching you mathematics and the next you are day dreaming about a girl.” Mother smiles warmly as she puts her hand on her cheek.

‘I thought you loved me’ As I glance at my older sister who was processing what he said

“It’s not like that! I was just interested by the robot she made. And she is not my girlfriend I only bumped into her once…” I retort in as a desperate attempt to survive. And clear the misunderstanding

I broke a cold sweat as my sister’s look was not as warm as my father’s or my mother.

“Is that so…” she says as she stops eating.

 “K-A-Z-U-Y-A K-U-N?” my sister continues as she smiles at me.

Gulp*

“Thanks for the food!” I say while I made a hasty retreat up to my room…

After closing the door I changed into my pajamas then dropped onto my bed.

‘Angelica?’

‘Yeees?’

‘Is this the Moe Novel Version?’

‘Nope.’

42