Chapter 11: I Was Hanging Out With Them?
1.1k 19 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Oishi…” Angelica says, with a face that would normally be called cute, but you after seeing her as she digs into her 8th serving of chocolate pancakes. Not as much.

“Yeah I bet. ” I say as I gesture to the bags of ingredients used to make her banquet of a breakfast.

“Though how can you eat so much with such a small body, I wonder?”

“Huh? Well, we angels don’t need to eat so it just disintegrates, I guess? Which means I can eat as long as I want.” She says with a grin as she bites down another slice from the pancake tower.

I could only sigh at the sight of an angel stuffing her face with pancakes, and contemplate how to explain how I went through so many bags of flour, baking powder plus the other necessities for a pancake. Because each serving isn’t only a single pancake. No, no, it’s multiple pancakes stacked into a tower so…

Kazuya? What happened to all those ingredients we prepared for you?

Uhmm… I just yeeted them into a bottomless abyss, thank you very much.

“You look pretty cute with that pink apron on, you would make a great wife. Kyousuke.” she teases with a grin as she gesture to me.

“Thanks. Well, pink is the color of passion.” I retort calmly.

“I would make a good wife huh? So want to be the husband?” I added with a mischievous smile 

“Oh? Sure, it would be a sight to see you, welcome me after a hard day’s work at the office and say ‘welcome home dear’. Kyah!” she says with a hint of sarcasm as she does an imitation on the table. Though the redness on her cheeks betray her, I chuckle.

After doing my morning routine of light breakfast then a morning jog. I had to prepare eight servings of pancake towers each glazed with hot chocolate and topped with cream and sliced strawberries. Well on the bright side it helped me improve my baking abilities.

“So… Angelica” I say a bit hesitantly

“Yes, Kyousuke?” she says sensing my hesitation and sits back down.

“Can I ask you some questions?” I say with a calm tone

“Wait, seriously? You aren’t going to propose, are you?” she says with a grin as she leans forward with her hands clasped together on her back.

“Nope, just some boring, other world talk, actually” I chuckle at her attempt to tease me.

“Oh… Sure” she pouts, almost disappointed, but proceeds to straighten her posture more, then suddenly changed her aura to when we first met, the calm, and manipulative person that shows the majesty of an angel. In the 11 years we have been together I had finally taken down that façade, so it surprises me a little to see it once again.

“What would you like to ask?” she says almost as if reading a script with calm tone.

“Hmm? Oh, how will this affect the story? By me being part of it?” A bit shocked I answer.

“Hmm… Honestly? Not a lot yet, though you increased the amount you can change the story from a ‘certain degree’ to a ‘substantial amount’ by knowing which visual novel you were transported to at such a young age. At present you might close Aoi’s route to Hotaru or maybe even Ageha but that is about it. Unless you do something drastic like eliminate a character. They will still gravitate or even follow the script, be it a little modified.”

“So what if I didn’t find out until later?”

“Well you would have been mysteriously transferred to Keifuu Academy”

“Seems legit…” I smile and think about the eliminati…

“And no. In regards to the thing I said about eliminating a character. Please don’t try to kill a certain robotics advisor.” She quickly adds as she sees my menacing smile.

“Okay…” I say feigning disappointment, though I did play with the idea in my head. But, probably best that I not go down that road. 

 “Then, what do you mean close off Hotaru and Ageha’s route?” disappointed I ask

“Well… Hotaru has a crush on you being that you were like a knight straight out of some fairytale, while Ageha is mixed between you and Aoi, but she still leans more to the latter.”

“Wait? Isnt that bad?”

“Depending on how you look at it, it could be good or bad.”

“Is that so… Then what happens if one of the heroines falls in love and confesses to me before the events of the game?”

“…” she contemplates for a second.

“Well, Kyousuke-kun. Let me ask you first, will you even reciprocate their feelings if they do confess?”

“I don’t know…”

“Hmmm? Or are you thinking if making a harem?”

“No. Besides you know my stance on that subject.”

“I see. You know Kyousuke, a man’s heart is fickle and sometimes it yearns for more than just one girl.”

"No. I am perfectly in control of my heart, Angelica.”

"Then what do you see them as?"

"Hmm... cute little girls who is in dire need of head pats?" I say sarcasticly with mischievous grin and a shrug.

“Sigh* Well to answer your question, it will make the route close, making it unlikely that Aoi will follow said route. But, be warned, if Aoi is determined on a certain girl it will be very hard to shake him off even if you already had closed said route. And so comes the ‘certain restraints’ I said which I can’t tell you much about. Yet…”

“You are pretty talkative today. Aren’t you?”

“Its just bits and pieces you should already know, and consider it thanks for the meal.” She says with a bright smile still in her calm façade, I found myself staring.

‘She looked really beautiful, actually.’

“Ho… You are staring… Don’t tell me you thinking of adding me to your Harem K-Y-O-U-S-U-K-E?” she teases with a mischievous grin as she returns to normal.

‘Sigh. Nevermind I take that back’ I think out loud as I rub my temple

BeepBeep*

The sound of a horn from outside was heard.

‘What’s that?’ Angelica asks as she loosens up and finishes her plate, then fly behind me

‘That, my little gluttonous angel, is my secret weapon.’ I say inwardly as I went out and signed a form given by the delivery man from RoboMoves.

You are probably wondering why this a delivery truck came well you know what time it is…

‘Flash back! Hey Kyousuke. Let me do it this time’

‘Huh? Oh you can read my mind.’ I thought as I rub my temple.

‘Yup since the first one though I had been quiet.’ She chuckles

‘Sure…’ I groan

‘It all started…’ ‘tudududu’

_________________________________________

Last night before going to bed I got a call from mom and dad how asking how I was doing, I tell them what happened. Mom was worried but glad I was doing fine and actually made new friends in town. Though Dad was asking if I had brought girl home already, which he was rewarded by what sounded like an elbow to the rib.

“That is very funny dear” even I could here the hint of ice in her voice.

“Hehehe… ehem” my father chuckles as I imagine him rubbing his side

“Anyway, looks like you’re doing fine. If you need anything just call okay hun?” my mom says through the phone

“Yeah, about that…”

_________________________________________

‘Tudududu. And we are back’

And so they bring out a large box, that I requested from mom, wrapped in bubble wrap and put it down inside house then left after the job was done. 

With box cutter in hand, I cut the tape that binds the box together, as a curious angel hovers above, to reveal a ……  road bicycle wrapped in anti shock material to prevent scratching during transit.

“Is this…”

“Yup a road racer.” I say proudly as I cut the wrapping to reveal a pristine white and silver road bike with black handles and the BMX logo on it. Though it was brand new, what I requested was about middle of the line in terms of quality, but it was still good. I take out the air pump that comes with it and begin to air the front tire.

“So, let me guess you plan to get close to Aoi, through that.”

“Yeah, but also for ease of travel” I say as I move on to the back tire.

“So what is the master plan? You gonna rock up in that and challenge Aoi to a drag race something?”

“No, I will just use it normally and open a topic about bikes, which I read up on before we came here.”

“Oh how prepared of you.” She says sarcastically.

I roll my eyes at her remark “Done! So want to ride it with me?” as I pull the bike outside and lock the door.

“Hmmm… sure, wait a sec.” she says as she enlarges herself to the size of a little girl”

“…” 

“What? It wouldn’t be as fun if I just sat on your shoulder” she says as she sees me stare at her with a dumbfounded face

“You could do that?” 

“Well as you can see-“

“ Eeekkk!” 

“Okay let’s go” I cut her off as I carry her onto the bike and ride off. She holds onto me, as I feel the gust of wind hit against my face.

“Kyousuke… you meannie”

“Hehehe… Oh by the way can people see you? Or do I just look like a weirdo who rides as if there is there another person with me except there isn’t” I asked as I pedaled through the street.

“Well I can make it so I can appear but, I would rather not so you have to bear with looking like a weirdo Kyousuke. Blehh!” she says as she tightens are grip around my stomach as we ride off…

_________________________________________

I made it into the secret base to find a peculiar sight.

“Oh hey! Kazuya! Welcome”

“Yeah come in!”

Aoi and Mabou shouts…

While upside-down with their feet tied to the ropes, from the roof. It looked like a scene from a horror movie.

“Uhhh… what are you doing? Is this the way you hang out around here?”  I asked with a mix of emotions not  knowing how to react to this.

“Huh? No, we were just going to see who could last the longest upside down”

“Yeah and I wont lose to you Aoi!” shouts Ma bou as they stare daggers at each other while upside down.

Then…

“Agkhaaa!”

“Heuk!”

They suddenly reacted as the  rope they were dangling started swinging . As it happens I hear the laugh of girl named Ageha.

“HAHAHAHA!”

“Ageha! Stop that” Aoi shouts up

“I am getting dizzy…” Ma bou looks like he was getting sick

“Huehuehue… Don’t worry! This is just an added challenge!” declares Ageha

‘So that’s what the ropes were for…’ I though as I recollect something from Ageha’s route. They used to do such stupid things and this was probably one of them.

“Sigh* So… Is An chan here?” I asked

“Huh? Oh? No. I think he’s going to be running late.” Aoi says

“What are you waiting for Kazuya-kun come in!” Mabou shouts

Rubbing my temple at the sight of this, I relent. Trying to stop them wont do much good. I have to wait for An-chan. Sighing I relented, parked the bike in front of the building, chain it and squeezed through the side of the building.

‘He didn’t notice the bike’

‘Well, he was a bit busy “hanging out”’

She shakes her head at that.

… 

After I getting to the back of the building, I went through the super secret entrance, then go up to the roof to see Ageha laughing at she shakes the ropes of the dangling Ma bou and Aoi. 

“Muhahaha!…” she maniacally laughs as she torments the two dangling fools.

“Ageha-nee-chan, I-I think you should stop…” Hotaru says as she desperately tries to stop Ageha as she swings the the two ropes about, but to no avail.

“It’s fine they can handle it” she says as she continues

Hotaru notices me and looks at me with pleading eyes.

“Hmm…” she looked at me with teary eyes.

‘Well you can’t leave a damsel in distress right? Kyousuke-kun’ Angelica teases as she points to Hotaru.

Sigh*

“Ageha? What are you doing?”

“Eh?” Ageha slowly turns

“Oh? Ka-Kazuya? Nothing…” she innocently smiles as she tries to hide the ropes and whistles.

Seeing  that Ageha had stopped Hotaru smiles warmly.

Though I was only a year older than Ageha I was much taller. So seeing the two sisters, I remember two kids from the orphanage the student council volunteered at for a team building exercise. 

“Hehehe…”

“Uhmm… Kazuya-kun…”

Before I had even noticed I was already patting their heads.

‘Well, I have just past the point of no return’ 

‘Yup. You have.’

“Oh, sorry you two just looked too Kawaii…” I say playing it off as normal as I could.

“Ka-kawaii?” Ageha blushes. Then she punches me right in the gut and runs away.

“Huek!” I fall to one knee not expecting the sudden blow.

“Shi-Shirou-sama? A-are you okay?” Hotaru stutters 

“I-I’m fine… Just caught a bit of guard” I say as I stand up and rub my stomach. Hotaru still calls me by my family name despite me telling her Kazuya is fine, though I don’t mind actually.

‘Do girls get a damage multiplier when they attack  while embarrassed? ‘I thought jokingly as I bear with the throbbing pain.

‘Hmm? I don’t know? Maybe?’ She says with her signature grin and ‘maybe yes or maybe no’ response, which I just roll my eyes at…

31