Chapter 24: I Contemplated The Importance Of A Pancake?
827 10 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Hmmm…” I was currently thinking of a way to convince Kyousuke to feed me pancakes, while I sit on the table with Kyousuke with his back turned to me cooking breakfast. 

“Kyousukeeeee… Pancakes…”

“No.”

“But why?”

“You have already eaten so many pancakes that, you might eat the whole town’s supply of baking goods at this rate. And… sulking won’t sway me anymore…” He keeps his back turned as he says so…

“Pffft…” I let out a sigh and as tried to think of a new plan, instead of sulking, which would work if he was a normal person. I mean, who could resist a literal angel pouting at you? Though, if I did try… I know that he would just tease me until I break. Or worse he would counter sulk…

You are probably thinking why a Divine Angel such as me loves pancakes?

Well, for one, they are delicious.

 And second it’s not the food that is actually important, it’s the feelings of the host put into it and my affinity towards that item, even if the host gives me an action figure he truly loves with all his heart if I don’t like it doesn’t have any benefit. It’s kind of like an offering in a sense, it’s one of the ways that gives me divine power. And, no, it doesn’t have to be food, it can actually be any item.

Then what other things give me divine power? 

Among other things are staying in the “Marble Room” slowly accumulates it and also praying... But I can’t exactly picture Kyousuke praying piously to me, though it’s fun to think about it and imagine him kneeling, whilst looking up to the sky with eyes closed, saying.

“Angelica! My the most divine, beautiful and powerful one. Please lead this one to the path of salvation, for I…”

Yeah… No. He would probably prefer jumping off a cliff than that….

Contemplating how much that would be worth, divinity wise… *Sigh* I can only dream…

‘If I do manage, I could probably just destroy the world.’ I mused

As for why I can’t just will food into existence?

The answer is…

 I can. But its useless…

It’s way more fun and tastier if Kyousuke makes them, not to mention the added bonus of divine power, and it’s funny to read his mind as he makes them. He has grown extremely bored after cooking the same dish so many times, but he doesn’t neglect or do it lazily, still tries his best every time he makes one, which I found as kind of cute. And as a result his pancake making skills has improved a lot! He really does put his all into all he does…

Now what consumes my divine power, well in layman terms, that is my capacity to intervene in this world. The more I have, the better I can manipulate events, and this divine power can only be gained from your host, meaning I can’t just make a new religion with me as Goddess…

It’s a pain…

Time passed and it was now our 10th day here, 1/3 of the month long vacation Kyousuke has, to build relations with the main cast while living in Kazegaura. Over the past week, he has really gotten closer to the others, though cycling in the mornings have turned into more of training, instead of my scenic bike with Kyousuke, sigh…

Why? You ask? Well, think of it this way, here we are cycling around town in a leisurely cruise, admiring the scenery, and a wild Aoi-kun appears, and it devolves, (cue battle music), into a race. He paces himself better this time, so, no more fainting for him, though Aoi is either a monster or a genius when it comes to cycling, with seemingly infinite stamina…

Needless to say, that his morning jogs had been replaced with morning races, which, don’t get me wrong, seeing Kyousuke trying his best at competing with Aoi is quite fun to watch. And in those races he finally smoothed things over with Aoi, with him declaring himself as his rival, when he said he will surpass Kyousuke. Goodluck with that Aoi, he is two decades ahead of you in terms of skills. Quite literally, he has lived about 18 more years than you. Though, he is a protagonist, and those guys are blessed by God…

And for An-chan, they have gotten to know each other better, finding a brother-at-arms in each other, as they both get headaches at the antics of Ageha, Mabou and Aoi.

As for Ageha, she has been acting pretty normal, turning back to her usual upbeat self. It was like what happened at the secret beach has finally been put behind us, though An-chan teasing her about it doesn’t help. And also when she looks at Kyousuke, she recalls what happened at the beach. She is so cute, though too bad he only perceives her, at best, as a little sister. 

 In this time however I have also been monitoring the dynamic of Aoi and Ageha’s relationship. It was okay? With Aoi stealing glaces at her and her being oblivious to it? This is frustrating but they are still kids… but it is still going parallel to the game. In the original work, she will reject him, so, it’s probably best just to leave it. As intervening might change the story too much, I think Kyousuke is just enjoying his time with them, because he hasn’t said anything story breaking to them, which is pretty good. He is probably wary of the consequences of doing too much…

As for Hotaru… let’s just say that Kyousuke’s appearance has had a positive impact in her personality. I am quite curious on what the future has in store for her, actually…

Well, everything is right on schedule, so there is no need to worry about in the near future so we probably can enjoy ourselves…

‘Ha ha!’ An idea finally cropped up in my head. As I was recalling the events of what happened in the previous week…

_________________________________________

I was currently preparing breakfast; I am making eggs and bacon. A standard menu, which developed after living here, for the past ten days.

And pancakes too were a normal breakfast until recently… 

If you factor in the amount of money needed to feed this glutinous angel behind me… you would be confused at how I could afford it, and even think to yourself that there was probably an extra zero in the calculations for pancake expenses somewhere, there is none…

 I am starting to get tired of cooking pancakes... Should I get one of those appliances that you just pour in the mix and it cooks it…? 

‘Yeah! I should’ I thought out loud…

I had needed to use the debit card, given by my father, to pay for feeding “this all powerful angel”. Though it has given me important information, which some I already knew and some that was actually new to me. 

First of all Amane is out of town, helping her father in the lab, and as much as I’d like to see her, I would rather be older at that point and taller…

Next is that Kotori is in actually a student of Tokyo High Engineering Academy. It is a bit weird that I haven’t met her but maybe that is just the world’s meddling.

Kotori is the main heroine in the original game, a person who wears her feelings on her sleeves. She will experience a tragic accident that will make her lose her ability to walk, making her close herself off, she will only open up once more if Aoi, someone who also has his own demons to deal with, meets her. If you could remember in my notes, I wanted to steer Aoi towards her route, because it is the best ending, in my opinion. 

Well… Amane’s ending is the best in terms of game quality, also praised as the best by certain review websites in my past life, but that is out of the question.

No.

Next up is that, this summer is when Isuka will disappear. She will crash the glider in a test flight when An-chan and Amane are out of town, she won’t die but it will become one of the key events that sparks the whole game. While I do feel bad about An-chan… I don’t want to forsake my foresight just yet, so I’ll just keep quiet for now.

There are also no major changes to the story, according to the one behind me. So, apart from me being included in the group, there is not much changes. Which means, I still have quite a bit of  leeway with the “substantial amount” that I could influence the story.

Though there was something about Hotaru that she mentioned? That I should look forward to? I did not know what she meant... 

While I could more or less guess that she has been acting weird, it doesn’t seem that urgent, so, eh?

“Kyousuke.” Angelica says in an uncharacteristically serious tone, sending shivers down my spine.

I slowly turned around “What is it?” to see her sat down, with a calm expression. I was a bit on edge, because when she uses this tone, it’s generally about something important.

“I…” She mutters.

A sweat forms on my brow…

“Want…”

She wants what?

“Pancakes…”

“Eh?” I was dumb founded.

“Hahahaha! Don’t be so stiff, Kyousuke–kun!”

She laughs out loud, I turn back rubbing my temple as I resumed cooking breakfast …

“You really are…”

“Just kidding, just kidding! Here is the deal make me pancakes and I will answer one question.” she says wiping a tear from her eye, and holding up one finger.

“Oh? So, we are negotiating now, huh?” I asked with a skeptical look.

“Yup, don’t you want that? An Almighty, all knowing angel will answer your question?”

I contemplate for a bit, as I think about, if I should reveal my secret pancake supply I hid, when she was away in heaven, for a rainy day. And it seems that this is that rainy day…

“Ha… What is so important about pancakes anyway?”.

“Nothing, I just want some.” She beams a cheeky smile…

“Okay, What is your question? Kyousuke.”

I turn of the stove and put two plates of food on the table as I took off my apron and sat down…

“What are the certain restraints that you said I might encounter in my journey?” I asked.

She freezes up probably regretting this, seeing this she probably isn’t allowed to huh?

“Uhm… well… you know?”

“Then are there more people reincarnated into this world, other than me?” I pushed on giving up on the first question.

“Huekk!?” She looks surprised as her calm face crumbles clearly showing regret, clearly weighing the values of information and hunger?

That’s weird why pancakes are so important that she is even considering…

I sigh and look at her squirming. She is kind of funny looking, like that, I absentmindedly let out a  chuckle.

“What’s so funny?”

“Nope, nothing nevermind the question, let’s just say if I cook you pancakes now I will get a free answer in the future.” I compromised seeing her not being able to answer my questions.

“Huh! Oh that’s alright, if your sure.”

“Yeah, I am.” I smile, stood up and opened a locked drawer. Pulling out ingredients for her meal, and begin to cook it as I contemplate what are so good about these pancakes…

29