Chapter 1
75 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You broke up with Scott?!?" exclaimed Melissa but that shock only lasted for barely a second before she shrugged. This is already the 20th time that her best friend the ever-gorgeous Ashe Scottbrock broke yet another guy's heart.

"I don't know Melu at first I thought he was the one but then things just started becoming dry. He's very good looking, with his dark auburn curls and six-pack abs, I thought he would ignite something within me but still nothing. I thought kissing him might help because I did genuinely like him but I didn't realise I only liked him as a friend."

Ashe was not paying attention while walking as she was too busy talking to her best but without warning, she crashed into someone causing her to drop all the textbook she was carrying for her next class.

"Ouch!" she gasped as she fell to the floor with a hard thud. She looked up and glared angrily wanting to find out who had the audacity to bump into her and then just stand there. This has never happened before, normally wherever she went people noticed her, she was used to being the centre of everyone's attention that she found it baffling that this bumbling idiot managed to knock her over.

Was this on purpose?

Her eyes landed on the figure standing just a few feet away from her. She took his figure in and sniff in annoyance that this ordinary looking guy had the audacity to just keep standing there looking at her like she was just an ornament on display. His gaze reflects that he thought of her existence as nothing extraordinary, just as one would look at tree; his eyes completely disinterested and is struggling on whether to stay or just leave.

"Hello? Are you blind?" she confronted him as soon as she was up on her feet thanks to Melu, she glanced at her periphal vision and saw her friend picking up the couple of books that was haphazardly tossed aside upon their unfortunate collision.

"Yeah.." he said dryly.

As if!!!!

She couldn't believe it, the nerve of this guy, never has she seen someone so shameless and so disingenous about his excuse. She breathe out slowly trying to calm down the bubbling anger waiting to erupt; she does not want to cause anymore of a scene today. What happened this morning with Scott was already high profile enough.

Inhale... Exhale... she repeated the mantra in her mind.

Ashe closed her eyes for a second to try and calm herself but when she opened them up again all she saw was the back of his his red hoodie as he calmly walked away while reading a book. She gritted her teeth in anger.

This guy...

She had never been so humiliated in her life.

She had half a mind to just grab him by the shoulder and give him a piece of her mind but it was too late for that as she had a class to get too. Melissa just looked at her friends displeased face in amusement which Ashe replied with a scowl.

Melissa laughed quitely.

"Come on, let's go or were going to be late." she urged softly.

"I know.." Ashe exhaled, gripping the sides of her text book tightly. She turned to examine herself on the glass window beside her making sure that her uniform wasn't untidy because of her fall.

***

Ashe bid farewell to Melissa as she settled herself down on her chair getting ready for Sociology. She wasn't quite sure what she wanted to do in the future but Sociology piqued her interest and she choose that as one of the subjects to indulged in. In honesty she quite enjoyed the subject, it had a lot of interesting elements of study such as the human social behavior, how they behave as a society and how modern social behavior differed today compared to twenty to fifty years ago.

Ashe felt eyes on her and she smiled at that. This was nothing new, considering her angelic beauty; this was only an inevitable. She brushed a stray lock hair back and that just increased the volume of the hushed whispers the boys were having in their tight knit little group. She glanced around the room and all of them turned their head away.

Can't even look at me in the eye how pathetic.

I suppose this was to be expected, Sociology was not a popular choice of subjects for confident and alluring guys. Well not like she was looking for anyone in particular, she has finally decided that romance wasn't for her and it was time to take a break from that fruitless endeavour. She chewed the end of her pen a little while musing her situation.

The teacher soon arrived and began the lesson five minutes later. This was the second lesson that Ashe had attended, as she just recently changed her subject from history; she didn't know what made her choose that boring subject in the first place, she must have been wasted or was just plain bonkers.

The lesson was soon interrupted by the opening of the door. Out of curiosity Ashe shifted her gaze wondering who it was and lo and behold it was the douchebag from earlier. His red hoodie wrapped around his waist while his grey and black cross body bag hang off a single shoulder threatening to slide off his shoulder.

His dark long hair cascading flowing haphazardly and without care along the sides of his face. His facial features plain and easily forgettable but somehow his eyelashes were long and delicate, while his soft red lips looks very kissable.

What am I saying!!

Ashe chided herself for that silly thought that entered her head. He was still holding a book and seemed quite engross in it. He looked up briefly, a playful smile dancing upon his lips like he was enjoying his very own private joke.

He snap his book close and placed the edge of it upon his lips.

"I'm sorry I'm late miss." Sam spoke quietly, not too loud and not too quite either but his voice seems to ring upon her head like bells.

What's happening? Why am I so fixated on this guy ?

"Go to your seat Sam." The teacher ordered without even turning around, her attention fixated on finishing the string of sentences she was writing on the board.

Sam made a small chuckle under his breathe which shouldn't even be audible but to Ashe it was loud and clear. Her eyes followed his every move and as he draw closer to her, it made her gasp. She felt a mixture of dread and a quite anticipation.

As soon as he sat down, she blink in confusion and that strange spell he had her under disappeared and the irritation she felt for him earlier reappeared like the crashing of the wave.

"Look what the cat drag in." she hissed under her breathe in irritation.

Sam glanced at her at the corner of his eyes. "Sorry, have we met before?" he asked.

Ashe eyes widened in shock. She couldn't believe it. The nerve of this guy. How could he forget the incident this morning. It literally happened not more than twenty minutes ago.

"Are you serious?!" her voice louder than she intended it to be. That got the attention of everyone in the class even the teacher and she muttered an apology. Sam just laughed like everything was amusing and entertaining. He acted like a bystander like everything that's happening has nothing to do with him.

She gave him the fiercest glare and all she got from was a confident smirk as he stared her down. Ashe was feeling a mixture of so much emotion; a swirl of anger and embarrassment that she could hardly articulate into words, so she did what little she could. Stared down this annoying plain looking boy and wished to whatever God to grant her power to wipe that annoying smirk plastered on his face.

***
Ashe started to pack away her books and notebook as the lesson has now ended. Honestly her mind was distracted for the whole two hours that by the end of the lesson she didn't even catch any useful information about the lesson. Only thing she know was that the teacher talked about Pavlovian theory.

Arghh!!

She held her head in frustration trying to refocus her mind. Her irritating neighbour Sam, still sat down oblivious to any of her frustration. At the corner of her eye, he was still sat there nonchalantly holding that book and smiling to himself.

She picked her bag off the floor as most of her books and equipment now neatly packed. She looked up to notice a certain familiar figure standing on the door along with her best friend Melissa.

Scott..

She gritted her teeth in frustration. This day is not going her way at all. Melissa waved at her with a guilty look on her face. Her eyes seemed to say 'sorry' but she just gave her a fierce glare.

Ashe suddenly hears a chuckle beside her and she turned to look at Sam who was now looking at her and the unfolding situation in anticipation.

"What are you smiling at?" She scowled.

Which his irritating smile only grew wider. He gave her a fake yawn as he relaxed on the chair holding both hands behind his head.

"Oh nothing." He flashed her a wide toothy green as he leaned forward both hands now on his chin and observing her with rapt attention.

She scowled and clenched her first.

What I wouldn't give to wipe that annoying smile off your face.

"Ashe..."

Ashe heard Scott's deep voice just a metre away from her. Apparently she was taking too long to head out that he decided to invite himself in the room.

"I told you we are over Scott." She said coldly with her arms folded in a very confident and condescending manner.

"Yeah.." Scott replied awkwardly. His head hang low and he scratched the side of his curly auburn hair.

He then run his fingers across his hair in frustration, his dark blue eyes trained on her.

"But.. I don't understand. I thought we were okay. I just don't understand the sudden change of heart." He was starting to fidget, increasingly becoming more and more animated.

"Were you just toying with me?" He asked softly as he moved closer to her, his hand reaching towards her.

Ashe shifted back uncomfortably as she sighed in frustration.

"What can't you understand about us being over ? It's not about you Scott.. it's me.. like I said before."

She stood her ground stubbornly.

"Tell me.. if there's anything you don't like about me.. I can fix it.." he pleaded.

"Scott.." her voice softened. "I'm sorry."

Ashe started walking away. Scott stood there for a second, his shoulder slump; defeated.

"Cheer up buddy. Plenty of fish in the sea." Sam spoke in comfort placing a comforting hand on his shoulder.

Scott just nodded glumly.

2