Chapter 4
44 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The smell of coffee filled Ashe's senses as she stepped into the coffee shop that honestly shouldn't even be open since its premises is very hard to find. Tucked away in this almost abandoned street she's amazed that somehow their business has stayed open. From the outside, it looked rough and honestly very run down. She almost just called it quits and just go back home but honestly, she wasn't really paying attention in getting here and she has no idea where she even is. I mean they haven't been walking for long just for about twenty minutes but somehow she couldn't recognise this street or the area.

Besides she didn't want to be alone right now and curiously even though she was in a very creepy unknown area with a guy she hardly knows, she didn't feel scared or worried. She just felt safe.

Surprisingly the inside of it was nicer than she thought, compared to how it looks outside the difference is night and day. The coffee shop was adequately lit with ten tables arranged beautifully. The overall feel of the cafe is cosy yet it had a strange feel to it that fills her with dread. Sam felt right at home as he plops himself down at a sofa with a nice white clean table in front of it. Ashe glanced around uneasily finding it odd that no one seems to be around. She rubs her arm gingerly and timidly sat down next to Sam.

"Where are we..?" she whispered. The weird ambience of the place made it feel weird for her to talk aloud. Before she could answer a girl came out from behind an entrance from behind the counter. She has short blonde hair and was wearing a gothic dress. Her eyes were sharp and quite menacing. She looked to be in her mid-twenties and exudes a sexy devilish charm.

Is this the type of girls he's into?

Ashe can't help but think and she glanced at her stoic companion who as usual is sporting an impassive face.

"Ah! Sam!!" she called out cheerfully with a spring in her step as she bounded towards him, giving him a nice tight hug, her bountiful chest squished between there intimate embrace.

Ashe frowned at how this girl was hugging Sam. I mean its none of her business who he hugs or has intimate moments with but why does this bother her so much.

"Ahem.." Ashe cleared her throat, seeing how the girl was holding on Sam just a little bit longer than necessary. She gave the blonde girl a very 'friendly' smile and shifted closer to Sam slightly.

The two broke apart with the blonde girl giving her a cheeky grin. 

"Ah! Did little Samael finally got a girlfriend." she teased excitedly. 

Samael? I thought his name is just Sam.

"Cut it out Lilith." Sam grunted, pushing the touchy woman away.

"She just followed me here." he grunted, sitting back down on the sofa. "Anyway give me honey milk tea with tapioca pearls." 

"And you darling what can I get you." Lilith turned to face Ashe with a smile.

"Eh.. I'm not quite sure.. I'll have the same as Sam.." she said with a wince. Sam just rolled her eyes at her. Ashe folded her arms with arms.

What his problem.

Ashe sighed and rested her head on the couch. I guess they did start off on the wrong foot but still, that's no way to treat an angel such as herself. 

The drinks finally arrived and Sam grabbed his drink impatiently and sipped in contentment. His face looked so content and happy. Ashe's face reddened, the sudden thought of Sam looking so adorable drilled itself into her mind and she can't help but agree. 

I wish he would smile like that at me.

Ashe covered her face with hands in embarrassment. Snap out of it Ashe what's wrong with you. It feels like a spell has been cast on her, how else would you explain this sudden fascination with this plain-looking fellow. Sam is just not the type she normally goes for. Her type has always been sexy sophisticated guys that cater to her whim, not this cold stoic weirdo.

Then why does he make me feel so safe?

At the counter she notices Lilith looking at her with a smirk on her face. She looked away quickly and just drank her milk tea. 

Hmmm.. this is good.

She smiled.

****

The door of the coffee shop opened and what greeted Ashe was this seven-foot man with bulging muscles wearing a tight blue vest top. He was also very hairy. He was obviously in a jovial mood as he was sporting a massive smile on his face.

"Lilith!" he bellowed. "I miss your buttery pancakes, one portion please and a large cup of coffee." he laughed. Then suddenly he froze. His eyes bulged and his whole body started shaking.

Ashe raised her eyebrows in confusion. She wondered what got him so spooked. She followed his train of sight and he was looking directly at Sam. What's wrong with Sam? She can't help but wonder. Is there more to Sam. No Samael?

The freakishly large hairy man pointed shakily at Sam with his mouth hanging open.

"You..." he shivered. He looked at the door in determination. 

"If you're thinking about running. You will regret it." Sam spoke simply. There was no threat in his voice but that caused the man to whimper and deflated his spirit. He hanged his head in defeat and trudge slowly to the table next to ours.

"Haha.. not even in my wildest dreams.. Samael." he laughed shakily with a quiver in his voice. 

Ashe looked at this peculiar situation unfolding before her eyes in absolute bewilderment. 

Who the hell are you, Sam. No Samael... Mafia? Gangster? Is he some sort of dangerous criminal.. Am I safe? Should I be scared? I think I should be.. but somehow I'm not.

Ashe's head hurts with the weird conjectures she was coming up within her head. She sighed.. the longer she spends time with Sam the less he makes sense as a person. But she quietly watched from the sidelines without even a peep, like she was in a strange trance.

"I hope you don't mind doing me a favour. I need you to take care of a little problem in the cemetery." Sam didn't speak like he was asking a favour. No he spoke like it was an order. 

Was Sam so scary that even this huge man was afraid of him. Ashe cocked her eyebrows. It doesn't make any sense, Sam looks so tiny and frail compared to this monster. From the look of him, Sam is only about 5 ft 8.

The situation grew more stranger as the large man nod his head rapidly agreeing to his shameless request.

Anyway what is that problem in the cemetery, I know for sure its related to that strange encounter she had earlier.

Ashe looked at her companion but decided not to asked, he wouldn't answer her for sure. In fact, this whole time he has been ignoring her presence. She can't help but grit her teeth in frustration with him looking so relax and composed.

Someday I will pry all your secrets then you will be at my mercy, Sam.

Ashe smiled at the thought. He will be at her mercy and by the time she's done he will be begging to be with her and she will grant his wish as she's a merciful God.

2