Chapter 8 : A nightmare?
83 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I can hear the sounds of rains and the sounds of running through wet terrain. I open my eyes to see myself to be running as I hold a girl's hand. The girl she looks like Destiny but her face was blurred as if I was trying to refuse something that I don't understand myself.

"We need to keep running, who knows when they'll catch up." I say as I try to catch my breath

"Link... I'm tired." she also says as she catches her breath

"I know *name cuts itself off*, but we still have to run." I say as I grab her hand to run again

The more I look at her... it really is Destiny though, but why the hell would it appear she's blurred and why did the name cut off. The way she looks just fits Destiny's description of her wearing besides the change in clothes I guess, but why? We continue running in a forest as it continues to rain as we get mud onto our clothes. Nothing I say works as all I can do is watch, is it a dream or a nightmare is the thing though.

"Link... leave me behind I'm tired and hurt." Destiny? says as she holds me back

I look at her and it appears that she was shot with something in the stomach area.

"Look, I'm not leaving you behind and you know I wouldn't dumbass. Plus I made a promise to Dalton didn't I? So fuck no. Plus if it gets worst I'll just temporarily use dark magic to plug up the hole until then" I yell at her and then proceed to pick her up as if she were a princess and continue running

As I look at her she forces a smile, I hate it. I continue running as I hold her, my legs hurt but who cares right? Though I didn't think this it was what I was thinking in this situation. I run and reach an opening only to find myself at a cliff with a river down below us.

"Shit." I ramble to myself as I put Destiny down

We could hear the sounds of metal hitting the floor. I stare thinking what to do nothing but pops ups it's just cloudy, anger, and stress. The sounds of metal hitting the floor is slowly getting closer.

"Link... Link!." Destiny yells at me

I turn to face her, and she kisses me I get shocked by this. After the kiss, I'm still shocked but I start to speak, but as I was about to she pushes me off the cliff. I'm assuming she did this to protect me as I start to fall below before hitting the water.

Before I fell, I could hear her say "Forgive me Link, I know you would have never done this with how stubborn you are sometimes, but it was the only way." she says as tears were falling down her eyes.

I hit the cold water and reach my arm out for her, but all I could do was float as the river guided me as I wouldn't be able to swim to her with how bad my swimming is and I can't climb up the fall. Even though I couldn't swim properly I still tried but it ended tiring me and I was getting tired and wanted to rest and it ended up with me closing my eyes as I try to refuse to close my eyes but I couldn't.

As I entered the darkness I saw a man hooded with a mask on that was a smiling face... I hate it. He wore a black shirt with a green sword in the middle of his shirt, he has a black hood that has a cape-like part to it that has small green lines on them, chainmail was visible on him, tan pants, black shoes. Even though I could not see it, it felt like he was smirking and enjoying the confusion, stress, and pain in my mind. As I look next to him there also appears to be a mage that also has a mask and hoodie on but wears a dress in a dark purple with a flower around her left chest area.

"Hey who the hell are you?" I yell at him

"I'm a person!" he scoffs

. . . I make a fist but let it go.

"Answer the damn question." I tell him

"I already did." he says

I stare at him.

"Hey hey no need to get mad Link I'm just messing around. We'll meet again though." he says as he and the mage next to him start to become dust and disappear

As he leaves I sigh and shrug to myself. T think to myself that what he did was just annoying. As I look around myself I see light appearing it's bright so I put my arm up to block the light or try to anyway. I reopen myself to find myself back in reality with some sweat dripping from my face. It seems we are getting closer back to Plumerias castle town so I calm down. I look around and it seems Destiny and Ellie have also fallen asleep, Andr is reading a book, and Dalton is awake and looking at me.

"Link? Ya good their buddy? Seems like you woke up from a dream or nightmare?" Dalton askes me while he pokes at me with his scabbard.

"Yea I'm fine just a nightmare..." I answer while I push away his scabbard

I would close my eyes to "nap" again but after that... maybe not for now anyway, so I just look at Plumeria's castle town.

1