Chapter 16 : Cavern of Dab Phem
44 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It takes us a while before we reach the cave or entrance to Dab Phem. The entrance is huge enough for 1/5 of the adventurers to go inside. Though I'm not exactly sure the exact amount of people we have and I'm not going out of my way to count them. Garen leads us further inside. Torches were used to light the pathway.

"There are many pathways to take, but most of them lead to the same area." Garen tells us

I look around and it looks like the inside of a basic cavern with the spike things and water and stuff. I also saw some crystals on the way down too. Garen leads us down one of the paths which leads us to a small fort inside the cavern. The area expands even more. As I look further in, I can see a glowing circle with some things coming out of it.

"Hey what's the fort for?" asked Dalton

"It's used for checking on the portal. Usually, only seventy-five or so soldiers are in there patrolling and stuff." Andr tells us

Well, that's interesting I guess. Garen tells us to go into the fort and await further instructions. It's a bit crowded in the fort so I ask Dalton to give me the details after the conservation. I walk outside the fort and lean against the wall and yawn. I see the same sky blue haired dude from earlier. He's laughing with the other guy with the sword and shield. The sword and shield guy has brown hair with teal eyes. Sky blue hair has a cloak, shorts, and a shirt while the sword and shield guy is in teacher like clothes. I look around and see Shiro, Zuj, Hikari, Koma, Momo, and Hiro. I would go say hi to them but I'm feeling a bit lazy and don't want to.

Some time passes and Dalton comes out.

"So Link. We're basically pushing as frontline to the portal over there and we're going to seal it again. Basically fighting and then sealing off the portals so no more monsters." Dalton tells

"Thanks." I reply

"Well, We're are going to start soon. So you might as well come inside." Dalton tells me

"Ok." I reply

We walk inside the fort to where Destiny and Andr are. We wait a couple of minutes before Garen speaks up again to tell us that we are heading out. They open the gates to the other side and we enter. As we look around it's almost like a battlefield. Those wooden frame spike things were also laid out on the field. As I turn forward there were undead, skeletons, and some dark knights approaching us. Garen charges forward with his great sword. This inspires some of the other soldiers and adventurers to charge into combat. 

"Alright, this is a big ass battlefield guys. We will most likely get lost in the crowd. So try not to get killed or hurt too bad in there." Dalton tells us

We all nod and we all go separate ways. Eventually, they blend into the crowd. I shrug to myself and walk into combat. Ah, yes, I'm walking into combat instead of charging or running. Seems legit. Wait, now that I think about it. I never got myself a new leather should pad for my left shoulder. Ah, well, too late.

As I was thinking to myself I notice an undead or zombie? looking thing walking towards me. I draw my sword and twirl it cause why not and then slash it. I cut its arm and then slash again at its head. It dies. So do they just die cause they die or head? or what? I really wish we got information about these monsters or some shit. I sigh.

A skeleton soldier tries to slash at me, but it is stabbed in its core looking thing that was red in the middle of its chest. A dagger was thrown into its core thing. I turn to look at who threw it and it was the same sky blue hair guy.

"You should pay attention." he says as he appears in front of the skeleton and pulls out the dagger

"Wait, wait what?" I say in a confused tone

"Something got your tongue my guy? It's ok to be afraid." he asks with a wry smile

". . . Well, I'm not exactly afraid, I'm just a bit confused." I answer

"I know. Just messing with ya." he says as he waves and heads into battle while slowly disappearing

Huh, neat. I look back at the skeleton on the floor and its core thing stopped glowing. I guess that's its life source or weakness. Suddenly a skeleton and a zombie try to surprise attack me. Well, I'm not sure if they can think as they are dead. Are they sentient? Well, not like I know. I block the attack and slash the skeletons head off. I then slash the zombies head off. I then pin the skeleton to the ground and stab its core. A dark knight then charges me and we lock swords. I was losing balance and there's no way for me to do anything as if I do I'm most likely going to get slashed at.

As I was getting pushed further a giant rock hit the dark knight launching him across the battlefield. Holy shit. I turn around to see a guy and it was the same guy from earlier with the blue haired guy. He walks off into the crowd. Man, I really don't fit in for this type of shit. Another guy charges at me this time but he's not in full plate armor and instead has chainmail. We clash swords. I block his attack and he parries my hit and he cuts me on my left side. Tsk.

We continue to clash and another guy tries to backslash me but Garen comes in and smashes the other guy. He blocks some of my hits and I get the chance to parry one of his attacks and then thrust my sword into his chest. I hesitate to pull the sword out.  

. . . This would technically be the first time I killed someone right? As these guys are still human and they just chose the other side of the war.

. . .

I pull out the sword and distract myself from this thought. I watch the guy scream a little and he tries to close the wound but can't. I slowly turn my back on him.

"B-boy.. turn towards me and finish me! Just... just kill me to let me rest." he yells at me as he coughs

I turn back towards him. I pick up his sword and. . . stab his heart. Never thought I'd kill someone this quick at my age. I run into combat again. Hacking and slashing away at zombies and skeletons as its probably best I don't fight dark knights. The battle rages on for a while but it feels like forever. I try to rest but there's just more of them. I finish off the two zombies in front of me and look ahead. Most of the ranged enemies are gone and we are going off strong with some injured. I look around and I see Andr on the floor. I look closer and see an arrow in her leg. Well, that must suck. 

I run over to Andr while slashing at monsters in my way. I kill the skeleton in front of her.

"Hey, you alright?" I say out of breath

"Yea... you?" she asks

"Mostly fine... probably should get you back. As that arrow in your leg is going to hinder your movement a lot." I tell her

"Hey... watch out!" she says

I turn around to see an arrow flying at me. I didn't have enough time to block the hit but a barrier stopped the arrow from hitting me. I turn towards Andr and it was her protecting me.

"Uh... thanks." I tell her

"No problem..." she says as she puts her arm down

As she put her arm down the barrier dropped and so did the arrow. Well, holy shit. Ya know now I might miss my old basic life without war haha.

"Well, let's get you out of here." I say

"How? were in the middle of a battlefield?" she tells me

"Your right! and I have no idea." I tell her

"Pfft." she giggles a little

"No but seriously we should probably retreat as you won't be able to move much and I'm tired." I tell her

"Yea... you're right." she tells me

"We can cover you guys." a familiar voice tells us 

"Huh?" I say as I turn around to see Shiro, Zuj, and Koma

"Yea we can cover you guys until you two reach the fort." Zuj tells us

"You have a lot of cut wounds..." Koma tells me

"Um... yeah." I say awkwardly

Yea I kind of forgot my wounds when I saw Andr with an arrow in her leg. Good thing it wasn't her knee or else she would have to retire! 

"Here I'll carry you to the fort on piggyback." I tell her as I squat down for her to climb on

"Are you sure you can carry me?" she asks

"Mostly... I think." I answer

She sighs but gets on. Man, I could really use the will power from my ancestors as they were hard workers and farmers. Sucks that I wasn't like them and didn't work hard lol. She is heavy but that might just be me being weak.

"We will cover you two and block any coming projectiles." Shiro tells me

"Got it." I answer

Shiro, Zuj, and Koma make openings for us to get past the enemy forces and after they deal with the enemy they come back to us. They slash at many monsters and use spells against them. They also help other adventurers on the way. We eventually reach the fort and they open the gates for us. Phew finally.

"Alright, I'm letting go." I tell Andr

"Umm... Alright." she says 

"Actually I'll just drop you off by a bed or something. I'm not sure if you can even get up properly with an arrow in your leg." I tell her

"No no it's fine." she says

"Too late decisions made. Plus can you stop me?" I say with a laugh

. . . Seems she's a bit embarrassed.

"I think we'll also take a rest." Shiro tells me

"Oh, well, see ya later then." I say

He waves at me and I uh nod? I can't wave so yea. I look for the nearest object where I can drop off Andr as I don't know how much longer I can hold on, to be honest. I find a chair and drop her off there. As I dropped her off on the chair I hear our names being called. I look around.

"Hey Andr, Link! Over here." Destiny shouts

Oh, it's Destiny, and Dalton is next to her. I'm glad they're safe. Though... Destiny does have those health care bandage looking things on her arm and leg. Dalton seems mostly fine, he's probably the one who brought her to safety. The medic person next to Destiny also notices me and walks up to me.

"Friend of yours I assume?" the medic asks

"Uh, yeah." I answer

"Well, I might as well help treat you two." the medic says

"Um... ok?" I answer

Ah, yes I don't understand what they are trying to say with that sentence but ok. They start casting healing magic on me and then put that wrap thing on my shoulder because apparently, I had a deep cut wound on it. I shrug. As long as I don't notice I think I'll be fine. Hell probably would have been better if I didn't know it was a deep cut as now I can feel the pain. The medic then goes to Andr.

"This is going to hurt." the medic tells her

Andr nods. We see the medic pull the arrow out which Andr does a scream but not for too long. The medic starts casting healing magic and the wound slowly closes.

"Now both of you. Don't stress out your body as those wounds will open up again." she tells us

Andr and I nod at her. The medic then leaves to tend to others. Dalton walks to us.

"Well, you got cut again and Andr got shot in the leg. Must have been rough." Dalton says

"Yes." I answer

"Yeah... and it sucks too cause now it'll take a couple of days for the bone to heal." Andr says with a sigh

"Your bone got damaged?" I ask

"Yeah... The arrow hit it." Andr says

Well, shit. That's even worst. But holy shit! Healing magic is actually stonks in this world. Well, I'm tired and wanna nap. I sit down on the chair next to Andr.

"Yo, Dalton, wake me up when we're done. I wanna get some shut eye." I tell him

"Alright. Gotcha pal." Dalton answers 

I close my eyes to nap.

0