Chapter 1 : Waking up only to sleep again
364 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I sleep I could hear my name being called, and I'm pretty sure I know the person calling me... I open my eyes only to see my mom yelling at me to wake up.

"Link! Get your ass up you have to get ready for school!" my mom yells as she waves her arms

"Alright, alright I get it mom. I'm up jesus calm down." I say as I sit up

"How do you expect to be successful, if you can't even get up every day by yourself?" complains my mom

My mom proceeds to leave the room, and as she leaves I give a sour and pained expression. Another day of school has started again, as I sigh to myself. I get out of my bed, and its still the same, my desk with my laptop, a turtle beach headset, a TP Link figma, ear buds and Samsung pods my father gifted me, and my pair of black glasses, my master sword replica that sits my the desk to the right, and the shelves next to it that also then hold 3 katanas on a stand on top with a lego castle and other legos.

I go to my closest to get my school clothes and throw my old clothes into the basket that resides next to my bed and my little brothers bed. As I look at my brothers side of the room... its a mess. As I get finished dressing I put on my glasses, and grab my phone, I also remember to grab a sweater cause I like hoodies, its a dark blue color with black specks on it. I look above to see my Zelda poster still up, and the frame of my name put into animals to represent my name, which it looks neat. There also lies a picture frame of me, above my bed. My other siblings also have the frames of the animal-made names, and pictures of themselves above their bed.

Before I leave my room I see the two picture frames one of my ex-girlfriend who had died, Angelina reminding myself of her pains me... and then another one with my classmates. I don't remember much about them since they had forgotten about me in the next year lol, so I also chose to forget them, but I still chose to remember them... I get out of my room to go brush my teeth and wash my face, and ya know other normal things you'd do before going to school.

After I finish up I get my backpack, earbuds, and then look up at the I guess you could call shrine of my grandpa which was well a traditional Hmong shrine/altar thing. It lies by the living room of the house, and it was used to remember our dead grandparents or others and allow them to watch over us, but was also used to protect us from spirits. Which is why you would see these square papers with triangle cuts on the bottom taped in front of our doors in the house, as they were used to protect us from spirits. The reason we have theses is because we are Hmong shaman, and there are other types of Hmong out in the world. There are also different colors of Hmong which is not literal, but just slightly different changes in talking (Green, White, and Blue but blue is also called something else).

The shrine was held up by wood, and the sides of it have a paper which in the middle had a golden color of a rectangle then the outer layer was a more plain yellow, and there were red squares or rhombuses on the outer layers of the rectangle. On top of the wood was a cylinder filled with rice with those sticks that were red and then yellow, and I don't remember what they were called, but yea that's what was in the rice. (Hmong culture incoming)

(This has to do with some knowledge and history about Hmong, if your here for the story you can skip it) But your probably wondering who are the Hmong people? Hmong people aren't well known, as we were hill Billie's back then before the Vietnam war. We came from China but soon moved down south to Laos because the Chinese were racist against us. We lived in peace with some legends and myths. We would trade with silver bars and were farmers. Males were the leaders and had higher authority than the girls in Hmong culture as they were usually home wives. We all lived in peace and harmony until the Vietnamese wanted to rule over Laos but the United States came in to stop that. Both the Vietnamese and US did not know much of the terrain, so both of them hired the Hmong people and one of the Hmong soldiers was Vang Pao, though of course there were more.

(More Hmong history, skip if you want) Many Hmong's were killed to the point where the US had to hire Hmong children and had to send them to war, but don't worry they didn't get shot or shoot guns as they were there to supply bullets. Bombs were sent destroying the lands and farms. So the US had to drop off bags of rice from high up which may have killed some poor fellow looking away. Eventually the US lost the war and was on retreat, all Hmong generals were given ships to evacuate on but some of the poorer and unlucky Hmong's had to travel the Mekong river to Thailand to be refugee there to wait for the US to pick them up. Sadly not all Hmong were able to be sent to America so the rest were stuck, eventually being sent back to Laos. After this the Hmong then split across the world into multiple locations.

https://youtu.be/iePKPHJAZos this is a song about Hmong people if your interested in that anyway.

It seems my older sister has already left for school, and my parents are taking my younger siblings to school. As I put my shoes on, I leave for school. I realize I forgot to eat breakfast, but shrug it off as well I don't wanna go back inside due to because I'm lazy, but ehhh I don't need it. I then proceed to put my hood on, and as I continue walking I eventually see Dalton and Destiny, those two are twins, and I have known them since I was in elementary or first grade I'd say. Our parents know each other, well the moms anyway. I see Destiny yelling at Dalton about something as they are walking. Destiny then notices me and waves at me, and then the two blonde siblings wait for me to catch up with them.

Destiny proceeds to say "Hi Link, how was your morning?"

I reply back with "Uh... it was ok I guess?"

Destiny then replies back with "Aw... well hopefully it gets better." She gives a smile

"Link put your hood down man you looking kind of creepy even if you're just a student." Dalton says

I reply back with "Dude I'm like 5'4 I'm not intimidating at all. What do you mean?"

Dalton says "Your deep voice can make up for that."

I reply back with "It just makes me look edgy so most people wouldn't care anyway you do realize that right?"

"You're probably correct." Says Dalton

Destiny just giggles at us.

"So what do you two plan on doing this year?" Dalton says

"Well, I'll probably do similar things like last year." Destiny says

"And what were those things Destiny?" Dalton askes

"And why should I tell you? You'll probably scheme up something on me." Destiny replies back

Dalton proceeds to sigh and then they turn towards me. I just shrug at them as I have never joined clubs or really done anything as it didn't excite me, and I don't really feel motivated to do them anyway.

"You said you swing swords around at home sometimes right Link? You should do kendo." Dalton suggested

"Yea you should plus it'll help you build your short stamina." Destiny giggles

I give off a pained expression on what Destiny says, and then sigh.

"I don't know if I really want to stay after school just for kendo anyway though, but maybe I'll think about it." I reply as I slouch

Dalton slaps me on the back.

"Link stop slouching man keep your posture up, just cause your a gamer doesn't mean you don't keep your posture bad." Dalton says

Wait what he says kind of made no sense... or it's just me proceeding to just make things confusing? Oh well, I ended up walking up straight for the rest of the way to school. We three are all in the same class, I am in the farthest corner which I think is nice because I can just fall asleep without too much trouble as I keep my hoodie up. Class proceeds to start we learn some things, but eventually it slows down, and as it slows down my eyes start to close as I try to keep them up.

https://gfycat.com/spiritedcorrupthusky this is Link in class before sleeping

I eventually just look down at my paper with my hand on my cheek, and fall asleep. . . I then wake up in the next couple minutes, it seemed a couple of people caught me falling asleep, but I'm sure they don't care at all. Eventually lunch comes, I know people or well acquaintances with a lot of people in my class, and outside of them, because well we all talked at some point, and all got along somehow.

I'm not too sure how and why they chose to really be friends with me lol, but hey whatever. I know most of them, because of elementary school due to classes forcing us to know each other, and well I was always on everyone's good or ok side so I guess I know like one fourth of the cool kids, and some other stuff. Like I know the kids that do backflips for example they are Alvin, Bryce, Samuel. Then there's this huge ass Asian groups that consist of multiple races of Asian, which I have quite a bit of friends in them. Some Spanish kids such as Tony, Ethan, David those guys are chill I guess. I remember being friends with a lot of them, until we moved onto middle and high school, but were still good acquaintances I guess?

Well I'd say so, and there are more people I could name and groups, but I'm too lazy to name all of them. I start thinking do I go to my usual group of friends or go talk to Dalton or Destiny... or I could go talk to the others... decisions... I'll just sleep instead I guess, I kind of don't feel motivated to move around to be honest so I start closing my eyes to rest. As I hear something call me.

"Would you be ok going to another world?" said a female voice

"I would be ok with it I guess. . ." I reply back

"Are you sure?" replied the female voice

"What could go wrong, to be honest I don't do much here anyway plus I'm sure people would be ok with me gone, most people wouldn't even notice it." I reply back

Of course I know what I said was wrong as my heart knows its not true but... my mind it fuels itself with this toxicity that made me say it instead of something else but what ever...

"I see... rest well Link we will meet one day and hopefully you can save him... no yourself..." The voice says as it fades and got quieter

I close my eyes to get some rest before the next class starts...

3