Chapter 18 : School… again
51 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Well... it's been awhile since I last updated... Just have been busy and stuff ya know with some other stuff going on. Of course I'm still alive lol and if I do disappear again just know I won't abandon the series. But I'm sorry for not updating in a while and not even announcing anything. FeelsBadMan

 

We walk out of the boy dorms and head for the main building. As we enter the school building, it doesn't look like any school I have been to before. There are a lot of windows and my school didn't have many windows unless needed. Ya known... the school looks better outside than inside. Oh well, it is what it is I guess. I follow Dalton to the classroom as I have no idea where it is because I didn't even get to finish looking at the paper. I catch up to Dalton and try to start a conservation while we walk over to it.

"Well, this is a lot different from our school back on Earth." I say

"It looks more magical at least." Dalton replies

"More magical? What?" I asked with a confused face

"You don't notice the magic laying around? Some of the things here are created with magic." Dalton says as he turns to me

"Really? Well, I guess I didn't notice it." I say with a shrug

I look forward again and we have reached the classroom. The sign above it says class 2-11. Huh, neat. Dalton opens the door and we see a board, desks, and the students and teacher.

The students wear the same clothing as us and the teacher wears similar clothes but he has his outer part of his uniform more like a coat? I don't know what its called, not like I know about clothing. Some of the students have bizarre hairstyles and some normal. I look back at the teacher and he wears glasses, has brown spiky hair, and has dark blue eyes.

"You two must be the other new students with those two up there."  he says as points to Andr and Destiny while pulling out a cigar

Andr waves at us while Destiny is looking to her left.

"Yes, we are." Dalton says

"Well, you two introduce yourself to the rest of the kids and sit by your other friends so I can start class." he says while pulling out a lighter

"I'm Dalton, a fire magic user. I dual wield swords and stuff." Dalton says as he makes a small fire

"Um... I'm Link. And that's it I guess." I say with a shrug and slouch before briefly standing up straight again

Mostly silence as most of the students don't seem to be paying attention

"Well, seems like you two are done. So get in your seats so we can start class." the teacher says

We walk to the upper part of the room and sit by Andr and Destiny which is in the farthest corner. I could hear whispering coming from the other students, though I'm not sure what they're talking about. Some of them even stared at us strangely. Me and Dalton take our seat next to them. I look at the girls and they are back in a skirt with similar uniform designs but for females.

"So, when did you two get here." I ask Andr

"We got here when class was scheduled." answers Andr

"Wait, wait... weren't we late?" I say in a confused tone

"Yes and no." Andr replies

I make a confused face before shrugging it off and returning to face forward. A notebook was given to us from the teacher, though he says that we should remember it with our memories and not with notes.

He says "Alright, you kids already know my name but I'll say it again to tell the new kids. My name is Xib Fwb which is pronounced see-fuu. I have been around the Plumeria academy for ten years." and continues to say "Anyway, I'm sure you kids already know the fact that magic can be influenced by our emotions. This is basic knowledge yes, but do you know why it is influenced by emotion? It's because emotions effects our way of thinking, imagination, and mindset. If our imagination, thinking, and mindset are altered from what the spell originally was, it gets modified because it is changed into a slightly different spell but it's still the same spell. Anger clouds judgement allowing you to do more damage and more power at the cost of more mana usage, stress, and accuracy. Doubt changes your thinking and mindset to think you're doing worse than what your full capabilities are such as your powers are weaker but you use less mana as you're using a less complex spell."

He goes on to talk about how the other emotions can change your spells but they're not as affected as much as Anger, Sadness, and Doubt would. The other emotions only really affect it slightly so you won't even notice. After he finishes with the magic and emotion talk he starts talking about the history of Plumeria. Plumeria once had a leader who ruled the land with just and peace but he disappeared one day only to return a tyrant.

The legendary goddess is said to have come down and aided the people of Plumeria to fight the tyrant. She got married and became pregnant with a daughter. Nobody knows what happened to the goddess and her family. Legends and stories tell that a certain magic sword will tell the story of the daughter and family. It is also said that the father had gone mad and became a tyrant himself. The day they killed the tyrant was the celebration of the freedom and the goddess. That day is November 17th. 

You know, I'm surprised that our calendars are pretty much the same. Then again other people have gone into this world, So, they must have been big influences on culture. Xwb Fib tells us not to worry too much about the celebration of the goddess as many stories are explaining it differently in each part of Plumeria. He also tells us that the church said it was the birthday of the goddess so the king just believed them.

He then goes on to explain more of the basic things in magic but time is up and we head off to this academy's equivalent to PE or PE in general I guess. We leave the classroom and go downstairs to a group of teachers. They tell us to change into slightly different clothes more fit for PE. The clothes we swapped into were shorter sleeved and we got shorts. They had the same design as our normal uniform. Man, I really hate having to change clothes for school.

We head out and we do some exercises which make me want to die inside. We do some running and then we do some light sparring. They try to teach us some hand to hand combat but it was mostly surface level stuff that I would forget probably. I spar with Dalton and Andr spars with Destiny. Of course, I lose my fight but Destiny and Andr reach a stalemate. Two hours of this equivalent of PE have passed and it is now noon.

We head back inside to change in separate rooms. I then wait for Dalton, Andr, and Destiny at what is break time or lunch I'm assuming. They then all walk out together eventually. Before I can say anything Andr starts speaking to us.

"You guys are probably hungry. So, let's head to the cafeteria to get us some food to eat." Andr tells us as she leads the way

I shrug at what I wanted to say and I forgot about it so I guess it didn't matter. She leads us to the cafeteria which is pretty big, then again there are probably a thousand or more students here. We all have to wait in the lunch line before we can get our food. When we get our food it was a sandwich, strawberries, and a drink of whatever your choice. I chose juice as I suffer from being lactose intolerant.

Andr starts speaking up again as we sit down and eat "So, how do you guys like the academy so far?" 

"Honestly, I like it but it reminds me of home and missing our old school." Destiny says sadden 

"I agree with Destiny, but I try to look on the positive side." Dalton answers

"It's ok I guess." I reply

"Where should we meet at the end of the day?" Andr says

"How about in the front of the academy? Since you have to talk with the principle and such. So, we can just wait for you." Dalton suggests

"Yeah, that sounds fine." I say as I agree

Destiny just got completely ignored in this that's just a FeelsBadMan. Well, maybe she was just dwelling on how her friends are doing and other things. Best to not think too hard about it.

As we eat I look around and see some people staring at us. I don't get why they are staring at us. Just let us eat our fucking food in peace man. Oops, unnecessary cursing. Oh well, can't change myself on that one. Lunch is over and Dalton gives me the paper as he says "I know you'll get lost so take it." We all say bye before we all head off to our tutors. So much for faith in me. Well, not like I had much myself.

My tutor is a girl named Celine who also uses both light and darkness and will help me with sword training and magic. My other tutor is Harold who will just train me physically, hand to hand combat, and other things. 

According to the paper, a lot of the tutors were actually ex-military in the kingdom. Huh, neat. It tells me I meet my teacher Celine outside of the academy in the front. I walk towards the front of the academy and notice a woman with black and blonde hair with pink eyes. She had a slim body and was already well built since she's an adult. She wore blue pants and a dark blue and black coat.

"You must be Link." she says as she approaches me

"And your Celine right?" I ask

"Yes, I am." she answers and continues to say "Here, pick up this training sword."

She tosses me a wooden sword which I accept.

"Wait, we're getting started now no like introduction or easy stuff?" I ask

Silence... and then she dashes forward swinging forward. My reaction time is slightly delayed and I block it last second. Man, that was close as fuck.

"Your timing was rather slow there. You lack concentration. There is much for you to learn with swordsmanship." she says as she backs up 

"Um... ok?" I say confused

"Come, we will practice inside the gym." she tells me as she does the follow me gesture

I follow her inside the gym or whatever this "gym" is because this ain't look like no gym I have been in before. There are also other kids and tutors sparring and teaching here.

"Let us spar more and let me see what I can get from you." she tells me as she ready's her blade

"Well, alright then I guess." I say as I ready myself

We spar a couple of times and well, I get my ass handed to me. I lay on the floor. Some kids look at me and some giggle.

"For someone who lacks stamina you can swing your sword fine for awhile." she tells me

To be honest, I didn't know what to say there.

"Well, take a break for what time is left. You don't want to be injured too badly for your next class." she tells me as she leaves

"Uh... ok then." I mumble

I look back at the paper and my next teacher is Harold. He's going to help me with physical training and combat. Well, this is gonna suck or maybe not, who knows. I spend the rest of my time napping and resting as getting my ass handed to me made me tired. I open my eyes and look at the clock in this gym and see that it's almost time to go to the next class or period? Do they even have anything to call it? Oh well, whatever.

I look at the paper and it says to meet him in the gym also. Well, that's neat. Man, I can't believe I did the sparring with my hoodie on. I sigh to myself. I look up to see the same man from before in Dab Phem or whatever. It's the sword and shield guy who was talking to that blue haired two colored eye guy. Wait, is that my teacher?

"Uh... are you Harold?" I ask

"Yes, I'm Harold. Seems like my wife roughed you up. Who knew that we would meet again after the fight at Dab Phem." he says as he lends a hand to pull me up which I accept

"Wait, my other teacher was your wife?" I asked 

"Yes, she was. Well, we should probably get you to do some exercises and maybe the combat tomorrow. It seems like you are exhausted after the spars with her. Also, don't worry I already know your limits and your name."

"Um... ok then?" I say with a shrug

Harold gets me to do push ups, sit ups, quad exercises, and more that I don't know the name of. I barely did more than 6 push ups as I died. As I lay on the floor Harold messes with my hair or well, the correct term tousles my hair.

"You did well. Don't worry about it, Link. I'll see ya tomorrow." he says as he waves goodbye 

I wave back. Man today was rather quick? I guess. I get myself up after dying inside. I tidy my clothes up and stand up. I look forward and see the blue haired man or well, Harold's friend I assume.

"Hey! Didn't know we'd meet again and your Harold's student too. Well, you can call me Illusion. I'll catch ya later! Need to talk with Harold. So don't die on us." he tells me as he runs in Harold's direction

Well, that was certainly a weird hello. Not the worse I guess. I go to the front of the academy as that's where they said we'll meet up. I see Andr alone waiting.

"Oh, hey Andr." I call out to her

"Hello, Link. How was it?" she says as she turns around

"It was fine, I guess. Except the time I got my ass handed to me." I say with a sigh and slouch before standing up straight again

She giggles a little but comforts me "I'm sure you did your best. Luckily today was an easy day for us as this is our first day."

Huh, well that makes sense on why we didn't do much today. Well, for me anyway. I shrug to myself. As I was going to speak again a voice interrupts me.

"HEY! Who are you! Casually talking to the princess you beast!" yelled a girl

"W h a t?" I mumble

I turned towards the voice and its a red haired twin tail girl with red eyes whos probably about to roast my ass. Well shiiiiit.

1