Chapter 25 : Trip
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As me and Dalton approach class a lady comes up to Dalton and gives him a ticket. She tells him he has been invited. As she walks off, we look at the ticket. It appears to be a reward for a trip. We can't understand it though. We get into class and show Melia the ticket. She tells us that they also got tickets except for Leticia. I guess Leticia and I got left out. I shrug it off as I don't really care. The class goes on as normal, and I decide to sleep through it. I could hear Dalton and they get called to the principal's office. 

Left alone now I decide to go to PE as that's all I can really do. Class goes by quickly and now it's lunch. As I get food, I notice Leticia is the first one to the table. After getting the food I go sit down by her. Shortly after Dalton and them make their way towards us.

"So, did you figure it out?" I ask

"Oh. Me and the girls got picked for a trip to someplace in the hills with some other students." Dalton answered

"Oh, that's nice, I guess."

"You feeling left out?"

"Eh, not really. I'm not really into trips anyway." I answered with a sigh

We finish chit-chatting and go onto our afternoon classes. Celine didn't show up today, so I chill until the next period starts. As I await Harold's arrival, I toss a wooden sword into the air.

"Yo, Link! Heard ya friends made it into a field trip." Harold stated

"Oh, uh yeah they did. How'd you know?" I questioned

"My wife is the one leading it. That's why she didn't show up earlier. Sucks that you and the other girl got left out." 

"Uh, yeah it sucks but it is what it is." I shrug

"Hey don't worry. I know what we can do while they're gone. Let's go on our own field trip!" 

What. I just give off a confused expression.

"You heard me. You must be feeling lonely now that your friends are on a trip. So, I thought I would gather you and your friend up to our own trip."

I sigh and look back at him and say sure. Then we start training going through our usual routine. Eventually, I end up on the floor exhausted. Harold heads off reminding me to meet up with him in two hours in the gym with Leticia. I give him a thumbs-up as I get off the floor. I exit the gym and head towards the entrance of the school to find Leticia. I see the rest of the group waiting for me. Looks like they're preparing to head off as I see Celine waiting for them too.

"Yo, Link. We're going to head off now with Celine. We'll be gone for a couple of days." Dalton tells me

"Keep Leticia company since we'll be gone," Destiny added

"Stay safe," Melia says

Leticia and I look at each other and I shrug at her.

"Alright, will do," I answered

We all wave goodbye to each other. I then turn towards Leticia.

"Hey, my tutor asked if you wanna join us for a field trip of our own." 

She stares at me for a couple of seconds and gives a nod of affirmation.

"Well, we got two hours then. Go get ready in the dorms, Leticia. We'll meet in the gym."

We walk our separate ways to the dorms. I enter the boy dorms and head to my room. I go into the bathroom to shower first. As I get out and get dressed, I grab a backpack and put my things into it. I swap into my adventure clothing. I pull out my phone and we have an hour and thirty remaining. I put my phone back into my backpack in case I want to use it. I then head out of the dorms and towards the gym.

I make my way inside the gym and see that I'm the first of the three to get here. Well, I am early... by a lot. I guess I have time to think to myself while I'm at it. I pull out my phone again and look at the no connection bar. I wonder... How they are doing. Everyone I left behind. Even though I feel better I can't help but feel a sense of guilt. Well, it doesn't matter, right? Well, I don't know. I sit aimlessly for the time to end. Head empty no thoughts.

"Hey, Link."

"Huh? Oh, hey Harold."

"Nice to see you both on time."

"What?" I turn around to see Leticia standing next to a pillar near me. I never even noticed her. Rough.

"Well, it's time to go. I'm sure you'll be happy to see a familiar face, Link."

We leave and see Caesar. I wave to him and his daughter.

"Oh, Link, who's the new face?" Caesar asked

"She's Leticia. She's an elf who joined our party recently."

"Glad to meet you, Leticia." he says as he tips his hat

"Link! Link! Where's Destiny and Melly?" Ellie asked

"Oh, they're on a trip right now."

"Then, could you play with me Link?"

"Um, sure."

I have no idea how to entertain a child or hang out with one. It's been too long. Or I forgot. Sounds like excuses to me. I turn to Leticia and make a worrying expression.

"Harold, where are we going anyway?"

"Hm? Did I forget to tell you guys? We're going to an area known for fishing. It doesn't have a name, but the locals call it Hishu. There's also a trainer there I need to talk to so he can come over to the academy."

"Wasn't this a trip?"

"Yes! And a mission for myself! Plus, we can teach you to fish."

Well, learning to fish would be a good idea, I guess. Reminds me of my uncles. They liked to fish quite a bit. So much that they would go on weekends often.

"The place isn't too far off from the capital. So, we should make it before nightfall."

Harold was right, it only took us an hour to make it. As we approach the area a lake can be seen with a vast forest nearby. A village is built near the lake and in the forest. It connects to a river from the north down to the southwest. There also appears to be an island with a house in the middle of the lake. We get off the wagon and get our belongings to a lodge that Harold had already booked into. Caesar and Ellie have decided to stay with us too. We put away our belongings in the lodge and relax.

"Alright, since the light is still out, Imma bother the trainer to get his ass out," Harold says as he walks off

"Uh, good luck," I reply

I turn to Leticia.

"So, what are you gonna do?"

"Pick up flowers with Ellie. She asked earlier."

"Ok."

I wave to Ellie and Leticia as they go in search of flowers around the lake. I see Caesar on the docks fishing. Well, nothing for me to do. I can either sleep, do nothing, or walk. I decided to take a stroll. I look around at the scenery and enjoy myself in the silence. Though, it would be better with someone or my friends. Wait... rock metal music? Am I hearing this correctly? What. I walk towards the forest where the sound is coming from and see a boom box and an almost bald man with a headband on hitting a target dummy. What a boom box? How the hell did that get here.

1