Chapter 26 : Boom box man and fishing
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The man dressed in grey and white. He's about my height but more muscular, clearly seems to be older than me. I watch the man punch the target dummy as his attacks sync with the music. Eventually, he stops and turns to me. I'm surprised he was able to hear me with the music on.

"Checking me out?" he says

"No, I am not. I was just wondering where the music was coming from." I answer

"Oh, this baby? Yeah! It's wonderful! You agree right?"

"Uh, yeah, sure? Besides the stuttering, yeah it's fine."

"I'm glad you understand! I can't see why people don't like it."

Well, it is a bit loud. One of them is certainly motivating though. 

"So, how did you get that boom box?"

"I got it from my grandma! But she told me she's more of a guardian than grandma."

"How so?"

"Well, she adopted me and gave me this boom box as a gift. Fell in love with it since."

"Interesting."

So, you're telling me some random grandma got isekaied here? Damn, that's fucked up. Well, can't fret over everything. The man picks up his boom box and starts to leave.

"Ah, sorry, I have to leave. I need to cook for my grandma. Names Kaiden by the way."

"Oh, Alright. See ya, Kaiden."

Well, I was gonna continue monologuing to myself but uh, he's gone. So, there's no point. Right? Oh well, who cares. Anyway, I decided to head back to the cabin as I have nothing to do. I spend the rest of my time watching Leticia and Ellie. A feeling of envy hits me. Nothing bad but it was random. Night falls and we head into the cabin to rest and eat. The door opens with Harold soaking wet.

"Uh, Harold. What happened?"

"Well, plans didn't go accordingly, and he threw me into the lake for being annoying. But that won't stop me! I won't let a fellow comrade enslave himself to his home!"

"I, uh, what? That doesn't make any sense."

"Have some spirit young soul!"

"Harold, you're confusing me."

"Yes."

"Were our conservations always like this?"

"No, but they are now!"

"Uh... Ok."

While Harold put on an interesting display? Uh, how do I word it in a less rude way? At least he's fine with who he is. He seems to enjoying himself. After we finish eating as Harold entertains Ellie, we all sleep in our rooms. Morning breaks and the day starts. While we're eating Harold starts talking.

"Link, I asked Caesar to teach you how to fish. Better to learn these things now."

"Wait, how do you know that? I mean how do you know I don't know how to fish?"

"Well, your physical body sucks. I haven't seen you do anything besides chill."

"What? Rude way to put it, but ok..."

"Just being honest here, Link. You questioning it right now just confirms it! Now go learn!"

"But... Aren't you the teacher?"

"Doesn't matter! As long as you are learning it's fine."

"I... Suppose you are right."

"When you are done eating go meet Caesar by the docks."

"Ok."

I finish eating and wave bye to Harold again as he attempts to go bust down the house his friend or well the trainer is in. Leticia and Ellie are playing over by the fields again and wave to them. I walk over to the docks and sit by Caesar.

"Hm, do you want to learn fishing the traditional way or rod way?" he asked

"Uh, both I guess."

"Then let us start off with the fishing rod way. Here take this fishing rod. Take one of the worms and put it on the hook."

I do as he says.

"Then just throw your pole out and make sure not to get the hooks entangled with mine."

"Alright."

"Let me tell you now. This method is much slower but more enjoyable."

"I see."

That does make sense as fishing is for chill than it is when you do it the caveman way. Why... Why do I feel a sense of nostalgia? This shouldn't be happening. I don't have any memories of fishing or anything correlating to it. Caesar's voice snaps me back to reality.

"Oh, you got a bite, Link! Reel it in!"

I start reeling and pulling it. It takes a bit as I struggle but I get it out.

"Nice, Link. Your first fish."

"Huh, yeah."

"Do you want to continue with this or try it the traditional way?"

"Let's do the traditional way."

"Alright, get in the water."

I jump into the water. I notice Kaiden over on the other side also fishing. He's rapidly punching the fish... Or attempting to. Is that efficient? Well, he is getting fish. I draw my sword to stab the fishes.

"Uh, Link, you're post to use a spear."

"It'll be fine."

It was not fine. It was much harder to get the fish with a sword. It worked though. I spent the rest of the morning fishing. Maybe fishing isn't so bad. We then cook the fish over a campfire. Harold is still at the house. Feels bad for him. I eat the fish as Leticia, Ellie, and Caesar enjoy themselves. I let myself relax as we eat.

0