The Start of A Quest
37 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Hirata Takeuchi, a 16-year-old boy that doesn't socialize often in school. I don't make a lot of friends in school and I prefer being alone most of the time. People said that I have no life being alone. Well, they're wrong. I have a life playing…. video games, especially MMOs and games of the RPG genre.

As you have guessed, I'm a solo player that does raids alone all the time in MMOs.

Then, one day a new MMORPG was released, and little did I know that the game changed my life forever.

Somewhere in Asia,

It's 2 am.

 I have been playing this MMORPG game titled " Azure Fantasy ONLINE " for 5 hours straight. The only reason why I played this game for that long is that I kept on retrying fighting against this BOSS in order to obtain special rewards during this limited-time event.

10 minutes later…

< YOU DIED >

" Ugh, another defeat…. I think I should play once more since the limited-time event in this game will end a short while after. "

[ Pressing RETRY button ]

Reconnecting…

Access Fail.

" Huh? Let me try once more… zzz " 

Reconnecting…

Access Fail.

Changing server to Server [>100WorldEnd<].

" What…is going on? "

I can't recall that this game can automatically change your server without your permission.

As I click the mouse, my monitor screen suddenly turns white.

" ..what…..the. "

SHINGGGG

Suddenly, the brightness of the screen went so bright like the sun shining its glares upon my eyes.

" Aargh… ", I quickly closed my eyes and hoped that nothing went wrong.

( " What is actually going on!? ")

As I opened my eyes, I saw everything encircling me is white.

" Where is this place? ", I whisper.

??? : "Welcome, young one."

(" Huh? There's someone behind me? ")

When I look back, I saw a man in his thirties wearing a lab coat with a pair of cool shady sunglasses. Not to mention, his hair is blonde too.

He also looks familiar for some reason.

" Uh, who are you? What is this place? What's happening to me? !"

The man smiled at me and said, " My name is Mr.Yano and I'm here to bring you to this world, Hirata.

("No way,  isn't Mr.Yano the creator of Azure Fantasy ONLINE?!  How did he even know my name? Oh wait, I kinda use my real name as my in-game name")

"This world?", I said 

Mr.Yano then takes off his sunglasses and looks at me in the eyes with a serious look on his face.

 "That's right. This is… the World of Azure or W.O.A for short," he proclaimed.

"What are you talking about?", I said

At that moment, my surroundings suddenly change.

There are old buildings and digital holograms all around this place. There are also a ton of people here in this area and that's when I realized something.

( " This place.. it can't be…  This is.. the Central Holy Town of Azure World! " ).

That's when the hologram of the creator appeared before me. It looks like the other players can't see him not hear him like me.

" Including yourself, there are about 500 players that were teleported into this world as their avatars ". 

" Remember, when the server of the game had an error? At that exact moment, you and the rest of the players are teleported here. "

" Why is this happening?! ", I shouted.

" There is a man named Dezel from the other side of the world planning to destroy this world. If this world is destroyed, he will be able to take over the A.I system in this world and use it to create a smart intelligent weapon system for his ops. It also looks like he wanted to start a war in the real world."

" He has hacked the system servers and causes it to warp everyone into this game including himself ".

I froze. This is too much to take in. This isn't a dream, right? This is reality. Not knowing what to do, I ask him something.

" What should I do? " 

" How can I go back to the real world? "

" How about my parents? Will they know anything about this? "

" Don't worry, you can go back to the real world as soon as you manage to locate Dezel and defeat him in this world. And also, the time you spend in this world won't affect the real world which means that the time in the real world stays frozen."

" It means that your parents or anyone from the real world won't know anything about this. "

" That being said, if you go back to the real world, the time will be the same as you entered into this world which is around 2 am. "

" I see. ", I sighed.

Mr. Yano chuckled. He then asked me to touch my chest. I stare in confusion but then I simply follow his commands.

[ PLAYER INFO ]

Name: Hirata

Level: 1

EXP 0/500

HP: 1000/1000

Money: 0 Gil

Inventory

Friends

" Huh. "  

A digital screen suddenly appears in front of me.

" This is the player info of your avatar". said the creator himself.

As I looked back at the player info once more, I was dumbfounded by its contents.

" What!? Level 1?! B-ut.. my account was at Level 30! "

" Oh right, I forgot to tell you that all the players' accounts have been reset due to the server changes. " 

" Sorry about that. "

"... "

"... "

" SAY WHAT!? "

" You… gotta.. be kidding…… " sighs.

A few minutes later, there's a notification sound in my mind.

" Check your player info," said the creator.

I once again press my chest and look at the player info once more.

[ PLAYER INFO ]

Name: Hirata

Level: 1

EXP 0/500

HP: 1000/1000

Money: 5000 Gil

Inventory

Friends

" This will help you in the meantime."

" There's an inn nearby. "

"Hopefully, you can adjust to the environment of this world."

" Good luck with your journey young one."

Oh, right, before I leave, take this with you.

[ You obtained The Holy Soul Blade of Light ]

 " The Holy Soul Blade of Light….? ", I said.

" It is one of the seven legendary elemental soul blades that existed in this world."

" There are six players including you who got one of those."

"The location of the Seventh Elemental Soul Blade remains unknown and I believe that you are able to find it."

" Dezel is extremely powerful. He even managed to possess a Level 100 Deity avatar."

" I believe that the Seventh Elemental Soul Blade possesses the power to defeat him. "

As he finishes his speech, his hologram disappears.

( Honestly, this feels like a dream to me. Anyway, it seems that I'm going to embark on an epic adventure)

Well, first thing first. I need to go and take some rest at a nearby inn and probably gonna kill some slimes the next day for starters.

" Hah, looks like I'm going to have a new life full of fantasy this time. "

0