Chapter Five: SEPARATE WAYS
14 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hysteria was spreading in between the survivors. Earlier, they had hope that they will be rescued. After spending more than 72 hours, they were becoming restless.

Yesternight's incident was terrifying to the people. During the morning hours, a couple had seen a very huge animal. The size, what they exaggerated was about 2000 meters.

Aarav, although doubtful, did not put his views forward. Two thousand meters is as big as a mountain, a size that cannot go unnoticed.

Jason White, 25 years old British, tall and handsome guy, had the loudest voice. He was convincing others to leave the coast and go into the forest to find help.

People, although hesitant, were considering this option. Aarav knew this would happen. When it comes to survival, humans could do unthinkable. Many patients can not be moved.

"Let's get out of here. It's not safe here. Yesterday, it could have been you or you. More of us could have been dead. I say we should leave", Jason gave his opinion while pointing at the nearby crowd.

"What about the people who are injured. Most of them can't be moved", Brandon interjected, while holding his six-year-old son Brad.

"Also, we're not sure how long we have to go inside the jungle. Lest we are walking straight into the mouth of those animals", Brandon further added.

Jason was infuriated. He yelled, "I am not staying at this goddamn place anymore. We all know, there's no rescue coming. We better rescue ourselves. I don't care about those dying people. If they can't walk, make them crawl. Or they can wait for those wild animals to come and eat them."

"Those who want to leave can leave", Kiara said in a solemn voice. She was resting in her shade while she heard this commotion. She came out wheeling a wheelchair, that Asahi had salvaged from the crash site.

The crowd became uncomfortable as they were struck by guilt feeling. No one was willing to meet eyes with her.

"Nobody wants to die. If you want to leave, I won't beg you to stop", saying this she went back to their shade.

Her arrival killed the commotion as well as guilty conscious people to stay back. Some thick-skinned people always are in the mix.

Jason and his friends decided to leave. This included an unwilling Cindy, who had just become friends Kiara. She couldn't convince Jason and rest to stay back.

The group of Koreans was torn between in this decision. A middle-aged man, Hwang Ahjussi, was adamant about leaving, while rest younger boys found this step very reckless.

“Hwang Ahjussi. You can’t be serious. You are leaving,”

“Of course I’m. I want to live. I cannot wait here to be eaten too. Suho, you should also come. Tell your group to join us. It is too risky”, Hwang replied.

“It’s risky out there too. Don’t leave. Think abou_”

“Think. What think? You think people are coming to save you. Open your eyes and look around. Do you think we are somewhere we could be rescued from”

“Even then we should stay together.”

“Stay together and what? Nanny you people like always.”

“Ahjussi”

“Haa. Like I don’t know you. You are a selfish person. You know you can’t survive out in the jungle. So, you are stopping me from leaving. Keep in mind. This place is not Earth. Nobody is admitting it. But it is the truth. I’m no longer your manager. You can live or die. Do whatever you want. I won’t care anymore.”

Hwang left with the departing group.

“Hyung. What are we gonna do?” a younger Korean guy asked Suho.

“We can’t leave. That group won’t be able to make it because of their leader. That guy doesn’t care about anyone. Going with them is suicide. We should stick with this group. I don’t think they are going to stay here any longer.”

Aarav was listening to their conversation, though he couldn't understand a thing. He found the four boys not particularly bad. They were not much cooperative but they at least had a sane head.

He went back to look for Kiara, thinking how heartbroken she must be. He found Kiara outside her shade, she was talking to Samuel.

" How long will it take?", Kiara said while clenching her hands tightly on the wheelchair.

"About 10-12 hours"

"10-12 hours till the last one dies", Kiara wanted to say more but a lump grew in her throat choking her. She went inside without looking back.

" You told her about the plan", Aarav grabbed Samuel and pulled him away from the shade.

"She found out"

Two hours before this commotion, Aarav, Samuel, Asahi and Aadil had planned to break their group. The mastermind Aarav had a theory that he could lead their group out of the jungle if people are more cooperative. Some people in their group would only cause them difficulty sooner or later. It was better to weed them out.

Asahi and Aadil started to instigate people. They made them feel the urgency, that it was better to move out of that place. Their plan worked.

Kiara grew suspicious after seeing that neither Aarav nor Asahi disagreed. Dr Samuel also seemed indifferent. She knew these guys had a cold nature, but they were more responsible. They will not shake away their responsibilities while they were still alive. Terrible it may sound, but they were waiting for the critically injured to breathe their last breath and move away with who can manage to. One who stays till your last breath is better than one who abandoned you.

1