Chapter Eighteen: AIR SHUTTLE
10 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A round ball of green and blue, that’s how Taiba looked like from the space. In the vast space with zillion stars shining far off, the ‘An’ star shining bright like the sun. There was no space debris around Taiba, just a lone satellite standing affix. That was Starlink, the only connection to the other planets for the pristine Taiba.

Tamara was mesmerized by the view as she saw the planet she was just in. it reminded her of Earth. It must look like this as well. Only a few hours had passed and they were already in space. Only a few hours ago she was happily chatting with other native women, only a few hours had passed since she sends off her son. Now, they were captured and forcibly taken away. There was not only her group but also other captive women from different places. She felt angered. From all the books she read in the village, all she found was glory, righteousness, equality, liberty. This was not mentioned. The life in Sanka had made her think that life there was beautiful. Now, she was seeing the ugly side. The lawless side.

After some time, they reached a red planet. There were no trees or anything remotely like a tree. There were only rock mountains, surging sandstorms. Not a single drop of water could be seen. The space ship kept flying and stopped near a mountain cave. As they neared the cave, a bluish barrier in the shape of the dome surrounded the cave and the ship within it. The ship finally halted, and long stair unfolded. They had finally reached the Yashul planet, a colonized planet near Taiba.

The sandstorms outside the barrier were violent but it couldn’t harm the barrier in any way. It swung and waved along with the storm, but didn’t uproot.

The captives were then guided and taken out from the ship.

“Welcome to Yashul, you pathetic losers. You are free to move around. But remember to stay within the barrier, if you don’t have any death wish.”

The place they were in was worse than any prison. Their locks were removed. They were free to move around, just like an animal inside a cage. The underground settlement was their cage. It was a mockery to their sorry state.

“You are evil. Aren’t those people from your tribe”, a middle-aged man in fine clothes and richly admonishments said to the slave trader.

“Evil…Me… I’m just a businessman. I’m only trying to earn my bread and butter. And tribe you say. Those Sanka tribe can go to hell. I’ve nothing to do with them. They deserved it anyway. They never opposed when the Elysium government annexed the planet. Rather they wholeheartedly welcomed them. My grandfather who opposed it was shunned and thrown out of the tribe. My family was exiled here on this planet. This damned planet. You think I’ll have an iota of kindness for them. They can rot in hell.”

“I’m sorry. I didn’t know you hold so much grudge. Anyway, I’m here for the same reason again. Please find that person for me.”

“You are persistent. How long has it been? Forty years?”

“Thirty-five years, including this one. She is an important person. Please look for her.”

“I might have good news for you”

“What? Really? Where is she?”

“Hold your horses. I said ‘might’. It’s been a long time. She matches the description. Blond hair, blue eyes. She is in the late 40s. Just the right age.”

The slave trader led the man towards several compartments where people were kept. He stopped near one and said “there she is”

Inside one of the several compartments, a blond-headed and blue-eyed Tamara was sitting with Ruth curled up in her lap.

“No way. That’s….That’s her. That’s Princess Agatha. We found her”, the man was elated and choked up in his words.

“Take me to her.”

Middle of nowhere, Sanka island

Tired and frustrated, Samuel and his group, walked out of the forest towards the port. Their only hope was to get out of the island and meet Aarav and Kiara in the Caito city. They don’t want to believe what Ajil, that betrayer, told them. If Aarav and Kiara failed, they were going to be stuck forever.

Samuel had to save his wife, his daughter and all the women and children that got captured along with them. After a few days of walking, the shore was finally visible. There were boats and ships on the ports, people waiting there, playing cards, chatting in groups.

“We’re finally here. I’ll go and ask around which ship is going to Caito”, Brandon volunteered to go out and talk to the shipmen.

After asking around for some time he returned with disappointment.

“No ships are going to Caito today, not today, not even in this month. Ships will not sail this whole season.”

“What? Why?”

“It’s mating season for the sea animals, they will be all over the sea. The sailors are afraid to go anywhere near”

“What’s there to be afraid of? They are making excuses just to increase the ferry”

“No. I believe them. Haven’t you seen the size of the animals here? They are huge. I’m afraid, one average sea animal is enough to overturn a ship in jest.”

“Why call them animals, they are monsters.”

“Monsters are different”

Samuel couldn’t tolerate the useless chatter anymore. He spoke

“So, we cant travel by sea. What other options are there?”

“Oh! I forgot. Air shuttle comes once in every week. It will be here today.”

“When and where?”

A space ship appeared shaped like a flying disc in the sky. The idle people all over the port formed a queue

“Yeah. About that. We might not be able to afford that ride.”

Samuel sighed

“I’m getting in that ship anyway, anyhow. I’m going to save my family even if I have to kill someone for that”

The air shuttle got nearer and docked on the port with a whoosh sound. A barely clothed women, tall and dark skin with emerald-like eyes came out from the shuttle. She was the pilot of the air shuttle.

It was a rare sight to see an employed woman in a male-dominated country and on top of that a barely clothed one. Taiba was a very conservative planet with defined roles for men and women.

Other passengers were giving scornful look but the pilot didn’t even bat her eyelids. She was used to it.

“So filthy, do we have to go in that”.

“Shhh. Don’t say aloud, she can hear us.”

A lot of murmurs could be heard. The passengers were prejudiced about their pilot because of her race.

After some time, Samuel and his group’s turn came. They didn’t have enough for everyone’s travel. Samuel didn’t want to leave anyone behind. He wanted to negotiate with the pilot.

“No money, no boarding”

The pilot was a sharp and curt woman. She rejected their plea at once. However, she kept eyeing the watch on Samuel’s wrist. It was an expensive Rolex watch with diamonds on it. The earthlings had no idea how much their jewel was worth in this place.

Sensing the pilot’s intention, Samuel took off his watch and handed it to her.

“You can have it. But let us all board.”

“Deal”

1