Chapter 1
145 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Within the infinite stretch of endless space, Li Xiong’s gaze pierced through the boundless obstacles before him. His aura spreading without end, unstoppable by any force. 

The moment that any living creature noticed his aura, without even the slightest hesitation, they cowered and hid, praying to whatever they could that they did not get noticed by Li Xiong. 

Li Xiong sighed; he had achieved many goals that he set throughout his life, even reaching the absolute apex of life.  

There was nothing left for him to achieve. He explored every path of everything down to its destination. His knowledge spread without end, hitting every border. He hit the limit allowed by existence. But even so, he could not achieve one goal. The first goal he ever made since he was forcefully pushed into this retched world of cultivation. 

He wasn’t originally from this place. Before, he was from Modern Earth. A normal student who lived day to day following the same routine, unnoticed in the grand scheme of the world. 

To his misfortune, he was involved in an accident where he battled a truck with his body. An unfortunate occurrence that came to reality only because he didn’t look both ways before crossing the street. 

However, at the last moment, a mysterious power forced him to transmigrate straight into a different world. One where strength dictated the law. It was the one thing above all else and governed everything. The weak were only prey to the strong. 

Rising from nothing, Li Xiong kept gathering his power, gathering support, gathering information, wisdom, and intellect, trying to find a way to return to the world he left behind, but fate was not on his side. 

No matter what he tried or attempted, nothing was able to replicate that moment that happened to him by being hit with that truck. It seems that there were some things that even total strength over everything couldn’t achieve. 

He had long lost any last remaining scrap of hope to return to his original world. Along with that hope, fled his motivation to continue living his life. There was nothing left to achieve. Frustration withered his mind and body until he made his last choice. The last of all choices. 

He wandered deep into the dead abyss from which he came. Barren battlefields filling not only entire planets, but galaxies and universes. The path he took to get here wasn’t achieved through luck or without any effort. It was his continued will to return that saved him from despair, but that will had long shriveled away now. 

Finally reaching the place where it all began, or what remained of the planet that he first stepped upon in this world, he calmly settled his thoughts before dispelling his dantian. 

A shockwave spread, using his location as its origin, overwhelming the surrounding bits and pieces of planets, instantly vaporizing them. Space cracked and splitered under the massive force. The mere act of discarding his cultivation shattered the void as easily as stepping on an ant. 

Exhaling his last breath, the one known as the All-knowing Scholar, the Invincible Warlord, the Undying Immortal, the Alchemic God, and the Formation Ancestor, Li Xiong, died. 

****** 

“Oh my god! Are you alright?“ 

“Someone call the police!” 

“”Hey! Someone stop that truck!” 

“It’s a hit and run!” 

“Hurry, get out your phones and take pictures. We can get so many followers!” 

Random voices filled Li Xiong’s mind.  

Wait a moment, didn’t I just... 

Suddenly, he felt his entire body fill with pain, even the tiniest movement provoked a nasty response from his nerves. 

My entire body is aching? I haven’t felt pain like this in eons! Someone said to call the police? The police... there were only police on Modern Eart- wait. Is it possible? Despite my lifetimes of research, it was all drawing legs on a snake? The actual solution was simpler than turning my hand? 

Li Xiong’s excited thoughts spurred through his head before slowly fading as his consciousness also faded into a deep darkness. 

When he awoke from his deep slumber, a tiny hand was resting on his shoulder, another pair of eyes peering into his own, “Ah Big Brother Li Xiong, you’re finally awake! Are you alright?” 

A small jumpy girl with a worried expression on her face was pouncing beside his hospital bed. Behind her, a taller woman was standing with residue tears around her eyes. 

“Are you feeling alright, Li’er?” Li Xiong focused on the taller woman, memories that he thought he long lost filled his mind. 

He weakly spoke, “Mother... Xiao Zhiruo... I’m back.” 

A huge smile covered his face, hidden emotion resided in his eyes. Li Xiong’s little sister pounced happily onto Li Xiong and his mother cried tears of joy after seeing that he was okay, both of them oblivious to the deeper meaning behind his words. 

“Ow, ow, ow, ow, ow. Big brother just got hit by a truck. I’m not in shape for hugging.” Li Xiong almost couldn’t contain his emotions as he spoke words to someone he thought he would never see again. 

4