Chapter 3: Fated Encounter
1.6k 13 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<???>

Somewhere within the forest, a force of reckoning was awakening from its deep slumber. The direct cause was the concentrated mass of power and mana that was being deployed into its domain. Luckily, it wasn’t something Kaito had to worry about right away, but it would be a problem he would have to properly deal with in the future. Worryingly enough, the power of this sleeping beast was so great, it was capable of laying siege to countless countries without even trying. Fortunately, for those countries, the beast was a dragon that was also very benevolent, which while realizing the damage that it could cause, sealed itself away into a mountain in a forest that would eventually become its domain. A domain that flourished due to the unique energy sent out by the dragon. In the near future, the forest itself would be endangered by something that possessed greater power than both the dragon and residents could ever imagine. Before long, there would arise a conflict.

 

<Kaito>

A sudden uncomfortable ride and fearful shrieks of terror from the wildlife later, Kaito awoke from his sleep only to look behind him and see a crater mark where he had landed. Astonished but not exactly surprised, he thought to himself, “That’s one hell of a way to make a dramatic entrance, although I couldn’t have expected anything less from the goddess that forcefully kidnapped me into this world.” He then sat there for a few minutes, checking to make sure his body was untampered with, in any way, shape, or form. 

 

Finally satisfied that there was nothing wrong with his body, he then proceeded to get up and properly check his surroundings, not like there was much to see around him after that meteor crash of a landing. Trees were uprooted by the dozens, dead monster carcasses lied on the ground (of those not fortunate enough to run away in time), and dust still lingered in the air, tearing up Kaito’s eyes and making it hard for him to breathe. The sight of the monster carcasses was enough to make him puke, not to mention the putrid smell of monster blood. 

 

It didn’t take long for him to get his mind off the carcasses, as he then heard the shrill scream of a frightened woman running desperately through the forest. Not wanting to leave someone in danger, he promptly started running towards where he initially heard the scream. Along the way, he heard a *ding*, almost like a bell, ring in his head before he saw an interface reminiscent of RPG games appear in front of him.

Announcement

[Save the female in distress (Mandatory)]

Rank: D

Find the female and save her from the monsters chasing her. You will be rewarded depending on how you save the women and the time spent.

Reward:

+25 exp

Nightmare Boar Hide

Relations with elves increases

Relations with dragons increases

Affinity with magic increases

Spells: Healing 1, Recovery 1

Title: ???

Increase in attribute x3 (Dependant)

Other rewards (Dependant)

Consequences of failure:

Death of the woman

Relations with elves decreases

Relations with dragons decreases

Spells: Necromancy 1, Dark Arts 1

Title: ???

Decrease of random attribute

Other rewards (Dependant)

Looking at the interface, Kaito almost let out a light chuckle. “What is this?” He thought to himself. “A videogame?” The interface may be reminiscent of RPG games, but it was an RPG game that was set on the highest setting. And he only had one life to complete it. Besides, he had bigger problems to deal with than just dying if he didn’t save the damsel in time! Of course, during this whole exchange in his mind, he was still running over to where the scream was heard. It didn’t take him long to finally see movement up ahead, and the woman in question, which he assumed was an elf judging by the ears, trapped between three boars that were covered in black fur. Crouching before going any further, he thought of a plan to rescue her. 

 

“Ok Kaito, you have an elven woman trapped between three enemies, wild beasts that probably rely on wild instinct, while having almost no fighting skill whatsoever. Yes, you could be brave in this situation and try to slash at the boars, but with what? A stick? Plus, there also runs the risk of the elf mistaking you as an enemy. Ok Kaito, think. Think! What’s the best option here? Got it, that’ll work.” This may seem like a long internal exchange, but in reality, it only took a few seconds. Searching around the forest floor for what he needed, he finally found it. A rock. It couldn’t do much, but it was enough to piss off a few boars. 

 

Taking a deep breath, whilst also scolding himself internally for being too reckless, Kaito threw the rock at what he assumed to be the leader of the wild beasts. The rock didn’t do much damage, but it was certainly enough to get the boars angry at him as they started rampaging in his direction. This was his cue to jump out from the bushes he was hiding in, as he urged the elf to run and started taking off in a random direction, which she promptly did, presumably to civilization. 

 

Looking behind him he saw the elf run away to safety. Satisfied that she had gotten away, he then began to vehemently scold himself out loud. “You dumb idiot!” he said to himself. “There were much better ways to solve that! Now look, you have boars chasing you until you get tired! After which, they will most likely beat the life out of you! So much that the goddess above couldn’t save you!” And true to his predictions, he eventually started getting tired from all the sprinting. Eventually, he couldn’t run anymore, as he dropped nearly dead on the floor of the forest. All the muscles in his body were strained, and he was gasping for breath. His body felt like it was on fire and his muscles eventually became numb. The boars took this opportunity to start trampling him underfoot. To add insult to injury, they even stabbed his chest and legs with their tusks. Being a normal human that hadn’t experienced much physical pain before, he nearly blacked out, but the constant pain and agony caused him to wake up again. 

 

The boars eventually decided to leave him alone, but not before his arms and legs were bent in ways they shouldn’t be, and he was laying in a pool of his blood. Throughout, Kaito nearly threw up from the pain but managed to repress it. His body was screaming at him in agony, while his arms and legs wouldn’t ever operate even if he did recover. He could feel parts of his skin that had been punctured and blood slowly dripping into places it didn’t belong. “On the bright side, they didn’t try to eat me.” He joked inwardly, trying to cheer himself up. But it didn’t take a doctor to know he was dying, and very slowly at that.

 

Time felt fickle, as if any moment he could go as if the shinigami was watching over him, daring him to take his final breath. Eventually, he heard noise, chatter, talking. Then came the torchlights, and then finally, the people themselves. He saw the woman he saved at the front, leading the other beings, elves presumably, to his location. Upon laying sight of his body, some nearly gagged, while the women he saved started tearing up a little. He didn’t like seeing others cry, and with the last of his strength he was loud enough to say, “Don’t…..cry…..it…..ruins…..pretty…...face…….”. The woman looked surprised and looked at him, before rushing over to him and smiling. Words were also spoken, but he only caught snippets of them as the world slowly started fading to black and his eyelids started closing. “Thank you…….love……...together……..eternity……”. And then everything went painfully black.,

 

<Mitsuki>

His first day here in this world and he’s already gotten off to a bad start. Well, not everything was bad, he managed to meet the elven tribe living within the forest. Ho~ho~, this has gotten interesting. But don’t worry my dear, whatever happens, I’ll never allow myself to lose you again. We’ll be together forever, for all of eternity. Till the day this world and countless other worlds flicker out and die, I will watch over you and protect you. Till the day you say “I love you” back, I will never release you. And my dear, this elven girl you “met”, well, let’s just say it will be the first of many, many encounters. Till the day I wed you, the day you become a god, you will always be my fire in the cold. My Life to my death. My one true love. I love you dear. I love you more than you could ever imagine. And we’ll be T.O.G.E.T.H.E.R F.O.R.E.V.E.R~ until the end of time~.

 

I'll try to upload on a weekly basis, but no promises. Also, I'm not exactly the best writer, but I'll do my best to make this story entertaining for as long as possible.

32