Chapter 04 : Ring
278 1 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sage had his eyes closed as he basked in the warmth that seemed to bring his cold body alive!

The thug didn't dare to move, and the two youths, both Jack and Adrian were dumbfounded.

'He called her a vampire? Then vampires are real?' Both the boy's eyes started to sparkle as they imagined being vampires themselves!

With how strong and fast she was, they'd too be able to move at quick speeds and have super strength!

After Sage regained clarity of mind, his tongue snaked out and licked the blood from his lips.

Seeing that action, the three men had a hard time telling their little brothers to stop trying to stand up!

"You said that they often frequent the high rise? Where is it?" Sage glared at the man, his silver eyes glowing subtly.

"It's the place for an underground casino. I see several of them when I gamble there often." Hearing the man, Sage's eyes stared into his own.

"Forget about what happened here tonight." The sentence was unnecessary to Sage, however he wanted to act cool.

Sage turned away from he man, and walked to the two youths who didn't even try to run. Jack was standing whereas Adrian was on the floor.

"Ma'am please spare us! We didn't know better and nearly offended you!" Adrian said while struggling to his feet.

Sage stepped forward and Adrian smelled a pleasant scent unique to vampires. To werewolves, the scent was disgustingly sweet.

"I-" Sage felt a pounding ache in his head and he staggered back to the wall and leaned against it!

"You are arrogant to come here and kill and compel as you please vampire!" Hearing a shout, Sage looked up and saw a woman wearing casual clothes holding her hand out at him.

'Fuck! What is she? A witch? Why is my head feeling like my brain is about to explode?' Sage bared his fangs and growled frighteningly, however the woman used more magic!

Sage couldn't last anymore and vanished from the spot, however the witch quickly walked towards the dumbfounded trio.

"It's a pity I couldn't knock it unconscious, then I'd be able to use it's blood for some spells." Hearing the woman, the two looked at her and found that she was completely normal.

"Why did you chase her away? I wanted to ask her something!" Adrian shouted and looked around, however Sage's figure was no where to be seen.

"If I didn't, she would have wiped your memories of tonight. She might have even killed you if I didn't stop her." 

Hearing the witch speak, the two looked at each other, however the witch turned around and held out her hand alertly!

"Get out of here! I don't welcome your kind on my turf!" Adrian and Jack thought she was speaking to Sage, and then leapt in surprise as a man walked out of the shadows.

"I only came because I smelt a weird scent. Who knew a vampire would come and play here? I'd have brought my pack along to hunt it down and make it regret it's immortality."

Hearing the werewolf alpha, the witch frowned and was about to use the same spell to suppress the werewolf, however he shot looks at the two youths and frowned. 

"I'll kill them. They're obviously both thralls belonging to that vampire bitch."

"No, their parents have high social status. If you kill them, they'll definitely band together to suppress you."

"So? Does my Dark Wolf Corporation fear anyone else in Mist City? I think not. Move aside or I'll just kill you along with them."

"Stop acting righteous. I know you once tried to catch a vampire, and tried to rape her, only for her to escape while yelling that you're little brother was to small to satisfy her."

Both the youths nearly broke out laughing, however a glare from the werewolf alpha stopped them.

"Oh? If I ever catch that bitch, I'll be sure to make her pay for that!" Just as he stepped forward, he looked up and growled.

"I know you're here. Come out or I'll kill all three of them."  

"Where is that wolf from this afternoon? I'll make sure to return the favor he gave me." Sage landed lightly, and where she leapt from was a five story building!

"Oh? You want to get revenge on someone from my pack? I'll make sure to have you screaming beneath me when I capture you."

Hearing his words, Sage snorted and vanished from his spot. The alpha punched out and Sage reappeared, his fist bypassing the alpha's and hitting his stomach dead on!

 The werewolf gasped as Sage leapt up nimbly and delivered a fearsome kick to his face. Despite having a new body, Sage was still an expert at hand to hand combat!

The alpha hit the wall, cracking it as plaster crumbled. The witch watched Sage for a bit before looking back at the two boys.

"Vampire, if you can let these two go, I can make you a day ring in exchange." The witch said while the duo looked at Sage as well.

"Fine, I need one anyways. Morning is almost here." Sage said as his internal clock started to warn him about imminent danger.

"Come with me, and the two of you should go home." Sage shrugged and followed behind the witch as she left.

...

"Bitch!" The alpha roared as he regained his consciousness. He remembered a slender leg flashing, and then a colossal force throwing him to the side!

'Damn, the sun already rose and I didn't see a ring on that bitch. I'll send my pack members to try and pick up her trail.'

He could follow the old trail left behind, but he didn't want to demean himself to sniffing out a vampire.

...

Sage sat opposite of a woman with average features, shades covering majority of his face as he relaxed in the sun rays.

"I'll leave this city soon. The scent of werewolves is making me sick to the stomach." 

"You aren't as bad as I thought. Of course, your entire existence is unnatural and goes against the laws of this world."

"Because vampires feed on humans? I don't see the problem much. Every species is either predator or prey. Vampires just balance out the world."

"You say that like you know a lot. It isn't hard to tell that you're a young vampire." Sage blinked behind his sunglasses.

"Really? Well then, I don't have any money, or an ID, so can I trouble you to make me one." Sage said as he ate the last of the parfait in front of him.

"A poor vampire? Why not go compel someone to give you all their money?"

"Oh, you're right, I'm going." Sage got up, only for a mini headache to immediately made him wince. 

8