Chapter 14- Rejoining the team
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘ I the great has established a set of action necessary to protect Catherine at any time’

First, I need to fully experience my skill, for it to be done, it is necessary to experiment with solo playing players. Either solo playing players are complete fool or they have complete confidence in their ability.’

‘ though it is easy to attack a solo players, I am not fool enough to attack them directly, here will come the use of heavy cross bolt. I have at least three chance to experiment whether my skill will perform its duty or not’

There are many chances  that I will loose my life, but to experiment is sheer form of pleasure.

More move will cause more attention I have to take a place to make it m y hideout.

The only problem is it will take time to find a natural hideout.

I moved very cautiously, imagining myself as an assassin, with my black coat and mountain pants I moved with my natural pace.

I watched afar any movement with every passing minutes, I grew anxious as I couldn’t find my prey.

I searched for natural hideout yet I couldn’t find any. I went for the largest tree I could find and climbed it efficiently, with a little bit of efforts I climbed over a branch and rounded my eyes over all direction. I could see many paths tracing in different directions Yet I couldn’t choose one. They are too distinctive, I know if I go and follow any one of these paths my death will surely come. I couldn’t understand how could they hide their trail so efficiently, or the higher ups are deliberately doing it.

‘ twig’

Hm, I heard a sound and that too from above. I raise my eyes very slowly, I took a deep breath and loaded a bullet in my crossbow. As she said my forearms muscles are strained , If I shoot there is chance that my muscles will break and I couldn’t use it till I heal it.

I could see a boy sitting high above me eating his chips and grinning dreamingly. I moved a little bit closer to him, he didn’t move. I know my great chance has arrived.

I aimed at his nape and released my bullet.

‘ shew’

‘ Thud’

‘ Argh’

It is too easy my forearms muscles breaking I knocked out a foolish boy.

‘ He should be grateful to me; right mirage’

‘ you are a greater fool than him’

‘ its nothing, I know within this completion some one will die from my hand, I can heal this minor injury within seconds’

‘you should know that every biology has its limits, within each level you have limited potential, overexerting yourself without a greater cause can only lead you to the path of doom’

‘ Oh! Then I make goddess of doom fall in love with me’

‘ Don’t say I didn’t warn you’

‘ I know, what you want to say but I the great believe the potential of human being is unlimited and some puny level couldn’t limit me’

‘ ok, we are going off the topic again’

‘ What I want to ask you is don’t you think it is too easy’

‘ Yes, it is easy, ‘ cause he level 0 rookie’

‘ a level 0 rookie?, how did he pass the trail’

‘ Like you have passed, he must have passed too’

‘ wouldn’t it be too simple’

‘ Its not simple it is based upon his decision, at least he has a powder with him. This time I want to fight a same level as me.’

Score: 1

Countdown 5…4…3…2…1

‘ Swish’

In a round platform

“ I am John”

With a fight pose he stated

“ lets fight”

“ok”

‘ Soooh’

“ What??”

“ Do you think that I will not use any other means”

“ You also have a pouch in your hand”

“ You seem very honest, saying lets fight”

“ I thought you would use your pouch first, you seem very surprised”

“ You!!”

“ Now you are taking your sword”

“ Hey above you”

He raised his head above

“ You must not loose your focus”

“ oops, look at your feet”

“ What!”

“ Now you are good”,’ I broke his muscles of his legs’

‘ Thud’

‘ You got the lead’

‘ Yes’

‘ This time I took the path which I thought is better’

‘ You have succeeded’

‘ Now lets get back to the team’

Badge Count :2

/////

You have returned

“ Yes Catherine”

“ Coward why don’t you quit yourself” said Fred

Entering the team

Badge Count : 2 individual, 3 Team

‘ He really readily attacked me’

“ Hey, you have levelled up”

“ Yes, Catherine”

I said with my eyes

“ An Assassin right”

‘ How id she know that’

“ you don’t need to think much, I know it is from your aura’

“ Aura”

“ Fool, her second skill is Aura” said Fred

‘ He is saying fool too much’

‘ I will note that’

“ I want to above higher ground”

“ Ok” said Catherine

“ Wait, Cathy are you letting him join us” said Clara

“ I understand, you must want to be a cannon fodder, right” said Fred

‘ He is taking too much energy, I will control, control,

" Blade, you can do whatever you want”

“ Cathy, are you saying you wont do anything  even if he betrays’ said Clara

“ No I wont doo anything, but I think Areena would many things to him”

“ Whatever”

“ My eyes will always be upon you Blade, you hear that” said Fred

“ Ok, you can always see me”

Announcement

Ready for the next round: auto match

In a high ground Area.

I can see 4 warriors and 1 wizard, though from their dress. All of them are Bald Muscle Man.

“ All of them are level 4” said Catherine

In unison

“ We are five Star Shadows”

“ Five Shadow in one”

‘ Good team spirit’

‘ They are in lower ground, I think they should attack first’

“ Lets attack”

Fred and Fly jumped straight into the Wizard

Before they could reach they are blocked by four of them and attacked at the same time.

They blocked all the four of their attack and readied themselves.

The all five attacked at the same time. The wizard used ice cone, the four warrior swigged their Sword in the same direction.

With efficiency  Fred and Fry blocked the four Swords and Catherine used  her fire balls to counter attack the ice cone.

There is only one level difference yet Catherine, Fred and Fry coordinated effectively to block all of them.

Starter get their starter skill. From level 1 to level 4 there is no skill. Level 5 can have a passive or active skill.

 Catherine Aura Is passive skill which can determine the level up to five level higher. Level 4 to level 5 is not simile transition, there will always be an energy gap between them.

Blows after blows are charged one after another, yet none of them have a higher hand.

I thought of many times I will enter the fight yet at the end my reason told me not to enter or else there is higher chance I will be sandwiched between them. Betrayal from my companions are much higher, I am sure this is the right decision I could take right now.

The war of attrition went on for a minute finally Catherine side got the upper hand, she knocked the baldy wizard, he went limp on the ground. The disruption in the rhythm got the other four out of hands. They wanted to protect the baldy wizard, leading to complete disarmament of the group.

“ we quit”

Badge Collection: 2 individual, 4 group.

‘ Nice, one last fight’ I thought in my mind

“ Great, Cathy now we have only one match”

“ Yes , we will win the final match too”

“ Yay”

‘ I watched from afar as they cheered among themselves’ 

1