Chapter 4- The mission
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I look cool having a black suit, a hidden dagger and my Sword.



I can have only my Sword, yet buying an armour is important and having Soul Wolf logo give me a better identity.



I parted ways with Macro and went to mission hall. A big screen in the manager place. I watched for missions of temporary members. It went on and on there is not a single level mission. All are the lowest tier of F level.



Stating-



Collection of herbs



Collection of animal parts



Odd jobs



I wanted to find some harder ones. I asked why is that so only to know because I am a temporary member all the missions will be F tier.



I chose the most profitable one in the f tier; collection of blue green grass.



Blue green grass are used for making healing panacea, of lowest quality. They are usually found in hilly areas in between the jungles. They are guarded by mutant boars. The only problem is acquiring in mass quantity is different.



I can do it in group, yet this time I am planning to do it in solo.



I can get 10 credits for one blue green grass. The more the better, I thought.



I asked for information costing me 2 credits finding out moon flower forest is the area where most of the blue green grass is harvested.



I opted for a lightning horse, faster and more comfortable than a normal horse.



It can be rented with 50 copper coins for a day and 5 copper coin increment for a day submission. Horses are given to those who has specific identity as a mercenary.



I am led through special checking machine to check whether I have a hazardous item. It is done specifically to confirm my identity, Many cases where spies passing through these checkpoint have implicated these men's quite badly. They are extra strict and careful.



It is a relatively an easy job as compared to other job, they don't want to have any misplacement due to their incompetence.



There are many other ways to enter Moon Flower Forest, though most of them are inaccessible through ordinary means.



Cool breeze passed by me as I entered Moon Flower Forest, As a Member of Soul Wolf Guild, I can join other from the same guild or by hiding my identity with others.



I readily joined a team for the same mission. Team Leader stone crusher, a man in thirties, level 1, instructed me of rules and order I need to follow, I nodded very hardly, I wont misbehave before he let me go. I am not the new member , they were at least five more rookies who is being instructed by him before we could proceed.



I wanted to introduce my girls in the team, whenever I think of starting, I am being blocked by the captain, I matched their faces a bit too much similarity to put my motion down.



" listen Rookies, Blue green grass, you can find it on the hilly areas I marked in the map, if you are lucky or you do have the proper skill, you ca find it"



" Most of them are vanquished in the region. Though I will lead you all through the hill areas, the rest are done by yourself; Do you understand"



He led us through the bushes avoiding our expression, The hill he led us is all green, there I could not see any blue green grass.



" Listen here I got information of mutant boar lurking around here; if you are careful they are not dangerous, all I want is spread around and find the boar. The one who will find it can have an extra grass"



" Make a team of duo, search the area I marked remember, don't go deeper than the red line"




I am with a masked man, I wanted to object yet I thought its only temporary. I asked him " What is the red line mark?"



He said "it is the boundary of level 1 and level 2 region"



I said " doesn't the monsters cross the level 2 region"



He said ' it doesn't"



I raised an eyebrow



"He said " nobody know it's a mystery"



I am not interested in knowing a mystery, I proceeded forward.



My team parted ways with captain. We went on to the designated hill. I searched in the surrounding areas for Blue green grass, I only see razed ground and many adventurers cheerily moving by. I can see many of them would die because of their own carelessness.



Time :14:30



By travelling almost tree hours I reached the designated hill, I could not find any boar monster or blue green grass, but I found a young man corpse. From the looks of it he died recently.



I checked him once again whether he is alive or not. I rummaged through him to find a token inside his left pocket and a stash of blue green grass. I got two choices here either I divide it equally or fight for it, I the mercy decided to equally divide it. I got 10 het got 10.



I gave him grass in a way that he couldn't see I have an extra item in my hand and I succeeded.



I could see the logo of soul wolf mercenary guild in his suit, I took him over my shoulder and readied myself to meet the captain.



' its risky to carry him" said my teammate.



" you can run away"



He ran away



I said just to check him and he id what I told.



I wanted to leave the corpse behind yet I think its too disrespectful.



I searched for an area where I could keep his body safe yet I couldn't find, without any choice I covered his body with bushes nearby and ran back in full speed.



After 20 minutes



" Do you find it"



" No"



" NO?"



Silence



" SEARCH the area, find more clues, QUICK"



" NO result"



"NOO, damn"



It took me more than 5 hours to return back with captain to find my effort going to waste. Nobody blamed me as my ex-teammate had already reported the matter quite clearly. Though not of the blue green grass.



" Guild will handle the rest of the matter, you both will be awarded 10 credits each for your honesty'



I thanked him and went separate ways and ex-teammates were looking at me as I am a dead man.



I know I in trouble, yet I believe the guild will give me, the necessary protection or I need to go for plan B, which I don't want to happen in any way.



I thought of the boar hanging down by a mate side, a lucky one. I cursed for his luckiness and myself for the compulsory mission, mentally preparing right away.




1