Chapter 7- Escape
21 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They are so fast, I suppose they are afraid of something is there any higher level monster here, there is no other reason they are afraid of; Should I ask her, it should bee helpful’ 

‘ Is that important? You should see your condition’ 

‘ What should I do’ 

“ that’s depend upon you’ 

‘ You mean’ 

‘ You should have your own decision’ 

‘ I should run towards level direction’ 

‘ you have 15 minutes left for your condition to rev revert back’ 

‘ Its decided’ 

Mission activated 

Escape 

Reward: none 

Penalty : death 

“ What! Why don’t I get a reward?” 

“ you are already quite lucky to be alive” 

“ But this is this that is that” 

“ Anyway, I am out of here” 

“ First, I need to cut its damn stomach” 

“ Its good luck, my sword is left behind” 

Its whole stomach can be considered to be a body, Its heart, liver, kidney was in its stomach, seeing outwardly there seems to be no change but its stomach can contract or extract according to its intention. If it not were for the specially made arrows there was not a single method that it can be killed. 

It is only imaginative someone can survive in its stomach, the truth is the second any foreign object goes down its mouth they are attacked by acids corrosive enough to dissolve steel, if not for a miracle, which I think, I cannot survive for seconds. 

Through a single slash I punctured out of its stomach. 

“ That is easy” 

“ Don’t Dose off, run now” 

“ Yess” 

“ lets see what are the chance I am going to die, and find the way of it” 

“ If I follow the old path I will die either by meeting the ex- fellow men or by the snakes itself” 

“ All I need is to not follow the old path” 

“ If I turn around and go to level 3 region there is some chance that I could survive” 

“ If I stay here there is  chance I will be killed” 

“ I searched in my mind to find some tit bits of creatures tending back if they sense higher ranked creature” 

“ If that is so, I should use something that mismatches the sense of smell, It has some risk but not enough to take the opportuni9ty” 

I searched through the lake to find some faeces. I couldn’t bring myself to cover my body, I searched more until I find its hideout. I could even smell the fishiness, I glance around to make sure there is no one nearby; 

The first sight is a pool of wobbly liquid in the middle of the cave, It is purely transparent just as the surface of the late monster. It doesn’t have any odour but it seems very shiny. It looks like any normal oil. 

“ It should be what I am looking for, I hope this do not do any type of damage” 

Splash 

“ This should be okay” 

“ NO, reaction, NO worry” 

“ I have determined I am going to save myself “ 

Shriek 

I looked around to see 50 dark coloured monsters flying over the lake, they circled around and sniffed the air, a red one shrieked loudly taking it with 45 of them towards the armed men direction. 

Five of them flew towards the cave. 

“ Why is this happening” I asked 

“ they have already noticed you” 

“ Five of them are enough for you” 

“ You are saying I am weak” 

“ Yes” 

I couldn’t refute it. 

I searched my mind once again to find anything that could save myself, only to have disappointment through the cave only to find some woods and its splinters. 

“ They are only outside waiting for me to go outside, that means I have enough time to rest” 

The tiredness of the journey, the thrill of the fight, thee adrenaline rush on the journey to the death, the miracle situation before death , the life saving straw which I caught desperately, the fight of the monster, the finding of the cave have already drawn me out, The unsafe area and the fear before death have already made restless enough, the final monsters shriek has made me want to sleep. 

And I will sleep right here. 


The Fishy smell, the shrieking of the bats, the stillness in the lake made  a funeral scenery. 

“ Wake up, its already Morning” 

“ Ah, those lucky days sleeping in my cosy bed, I miss it. The morning rays brought with it  a new energy for me. 

I sorted all my thoughts, My brain working in full speed ignoring my gurgling stomach I asked the foremost question urging me all the time. 

“ Are you a devil” 

“ NO, What am I, You will know the right time” 

“ Were you the cube that hit me’’ 

“ NO” 

“ Then, how come I saw a phenomenon that time” 

“ You have a cube in your mind” 

“ Would it harm me” 

“ I wont tell you, Everything has a price, you are already in debt and you u cannot afford it” 

“ Okay” 

I should make a plan to escape. 

They are Ariel, fighting style instilled in them the only weakness I can think of is they might be afraid of fire. 

Wait, I can make a fire though the oil contained here, the question is If I light a fire, would I burn myself, I will take the risk. 

I am taking my only choice, the chance of survival is very less, If I waited here I could survive even less, If I do not choose the fire and choose to run out would die if not highly injured, a highly injured one in a jungle is equal to free food. 

“ I have to use a nomadic method here, I am lucky to have a sword if not I will be in a deep trouble. I collected older woods nearby and some hays, using it I started making Fire. 

Screech, Screech 

‘ Damn it is not working’ 

‘ Right, I have to  use more pressure downward’ 

After a number of trial and errors, I succeeded in making a flint, useful I n making a fire out of nothing. 

With a rod in fire,  I rushed out of the cave, before fear overcomes me, The monsters started screeching as it s sound vibrating the surrounding, it swooped down upon me, I used the stones in my hand to throw at the first figure, a moment they acme to halt, and a moment for me to run back to the cave and lit the oil. 

‘ Swish, Ahh’ the fire burned upon the sky for a second enough to burn the thin membrane of the five monsters. A hole of it bring them down, doesn’t matter if they are little distance apart. 

Like an ostrich protecting its head in a soil, I used the same method practically saving my head. I had to roll down again and again to put down the fire which started burning over my back. 

My lucky suit protected me from not having a serious burn, breaking it self apart during the process. I a naked man has to use whatever I could get to cover myself. 

The suicidal action cost me five claw marks on my back, burnt injury of various sizes and lots of pain. 

Aerial damage doesn’t mean it is totally immobile. 

I corned a single one using the fire rod freshly made and killing it off in numerous ways. The same  fate for the rest of them. 

Life Energy: 5 unit 

‘ I guessed it right’ 

I know, I the great could kill it off, because I am the strongest, First the result, then the consequences. 

‘Flesh=food=energy, 

My eyes glued upon the monsters burnt flesh , I dreamed of chicken fry. 

‘ don’t eat it or you will suffer’ 

With ought heeding the warning, I the great did what I want to do. I didn’t care of the consequences. I needed to eat something, so I ate its flesh, I needed to drink something so I drank its blood. 

‘ Nothing worse happened, Something might happen in the future, well its future, I will see upon arriving there. 

Taking a short break and reinvigorating myself I set out of the cave, remembering in my heart every detail of my heroic act. 

Without any equipment I find it very difficult to determine the direction, I know the gateway is in north west direction and if I want to avoid them, I need to reroute towards western direction. 

I need to cover up through crossing slime territory again. Eight hours of easy travel would take me a few days to cover up. 

Slime Territory- 

It is vastly different from my previous encounter, there is not a single slime nearby, I wondered whether I have come the right direction. 

The sounds of crow in the air is a particular distinction, I know something is happening, and I also know curiosity kills the cats, so what I will find out. 

I am moving in my own pace saving my energy. Excessive drinking of blood made me more thirsty, I need water and I could hear the sound of rushing water even though it is not audible enough. 

The ground started shaking arithmetically in my opposite direction, I know something is not right time for discovery, I ran with all my might towards the source of sound of water. 

I stopped rushing when I couldn’t feel the vibration. My whole body ached as I stopped; I need to run yet I know it would be foolish is I don’t conserve my strength. 

I used a tree trunk as a hideout and prepared for a short nap. 

‘Ruslte , Rusltle,twig’ 

‘ Have I heard something’ 

I immediately opened my eyes as my instinct screamed for action. A blue dot sprang upon me, I used the most fastest way in my life to deflect its attack head on. 

Losing my Sword and a bloody print on my chest saved ,e from losing my neck. It positioned itself for the second attack and so did I. 

I know there is only one chance to kill off the feline monster. I know there is no chance I could dodge ait, I did whatever I could to protect my neck, as expected it aimed straight for my neck, it tried to use its jaw to cut of my hands, before it could I used my utmost force t crush its neck and used my utmost force to crush its neck by using my teeth’s, as expected it loosened a bit, but I didn’t. I used both my hands to further constrict it and used both my hands to further constrict it and used more force in my jaws. It used its claw to mark my cheeks, but to no avail. I held on it like a teddy bear. I used my own body force to propel myself downward, using the last blow for its life. 

Life Energy: 1 unit 

“ What the hell, I couldn’t even take nap” 

“ My face got more handsomeness” 

“ You should probably look at your arms” 

“ Its alright, I can deal wit h it” 

Binding the wound with  whatever I could find  I moved on. 

I ripped open its skin, drank its blood and ate it raw. I vomited it back and took it back. I took its skeleton and hung it on my back. 

I never stopped, My legs are straining, MY back is itching, MY arms hurt like hell, I know I cannot stop. The happiness of miracle and a girly voice in my mind pushed me forward. 

I am wondering where to go , my body is already at my limit, the overheated rays scorches my back, My injuries are getting worse and worse if no proper healing I have to say bye-bye to my arm. 

I heard the sound of rushing water, Hearing the most beautiful voice  rushed with new vigour, I gulped the water in one breather 

‘ Sweetest of all’ 

Taking a little break, my eyes ran around the area, there are wooden block nearby, Some are burnt, some are in splinters, a grotesque skeleton and number of skeleton’s nearby with a broken raft is the sight I caught on. 

I marvelled upon my own rashness, I started walking towards it. I could tell the area is left untouched, the skeleton wore the same tattered sky blue clothes, Most of them have been separated from the middle or by the head. Only one skeleton is left uninjured. I can determine it is someone of great importance. 

I searched all the area. I couldn’t find any valuables. 

With the intention of giving them a proper burial I stated digging a hole, I moved the intact one. Giving them a proper burial I shifted my attention towards the grotesque skeleton. 

I moved towards it, before I could reach I lost my balance, looking backward to find a protruding ground in the place of intact skeleton. My curiosity hyped as I eagerly started digging that area. 

I know from the looks of it, it is not ordinary. I used my utmost caution to pen the bright coloured wooden box. 

A pale white light shone as I opened it, opening my eyes I found a sword shaped pale white revolver in it. 

I took it out, observed for its ownership, without any progress I opened up the holder to find a blood coloured bullet in it. 

From the very looks  of it I know it is not ordinary, I kept it back and focused on the grotesque skeleton. 

Only its front tooth can show its speciality, blacker than my charcoal suit, I tried to pull it out, with little force it came over my hand, I hung upon my neck without thinking. I look more and more nomadic. The rest of the skeleton turned into dust as it lost its meaning. 

I checked the raft only to find its broken sideways, it is usable. 

There is no rope nearby, If I pulled it forward with utmost caution, MY hope started burning as no water entered above it. 

“ now I can save myself” 

“ Yeah” 

Without a bar I left the raft to take me in the direction it wants, It took me for a distance, the water started rushing in as the force of the river increased,  I could only watch the raft disintegrate slowly and slowly. 

I plunged on an intact plack with a hand and another one to hold on to the box, I could have left it but greed took hold of me, I could only use my body to steer the plack to the left side of the river. 

The water became more denser and denser I couldn’t ever estimate the depths of it, I could fell some line moving along the river and I instantly thought I have to hold to it. If not I could never have another choice. I hesitated a bit, it is a struggle over greed and a chance, at last chance won. I took the revolver out of the box and left the plank and the box for its own journey. 

I bit the revolver and used both my hands to hold onto the line, to find it’s a tree root. 

I had to use much effort to leave the river, I opened my eyes to see it is vast greenery, I now I have to go in the west direction. 

I tried to walk, only to find two of the teeth’s to sunk in my thighs, I pulled it out, blood started gushing out like a fountain, I pressed on my wound to stop the bleeding, I couldn’t walk so I crawled. 

I insisted on crawling towards further distance. 

Ding 

Mission completed 

Reward: nil   Penalty : nil 

First bonus : Heal 

Description: heal up to 25% of any body part 

Requirement ; More the healing more the life energy. 

“ Even if I asked her she wont explain, it wouldn’t hurt me to try, I closed my eyes and focused on my mind. 

Are you sure to start the healing : Yes/No 

I refocused on my thighs to start the process a white light covered my thighs injury, I could even feel my muscle fibre re-joining and recreating it was not a bit painful It is so magical I wondered whether I am so handsome that God gave me such a precious gift. 

1