Chapter 8- Another disaster
12 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I experienced by running only to find I couldn’t keep my balance, its like my only thigh has the explosiveness.

I started walking towards  the snake territory, I need  to be cautious not from  the snakes but from the humans. They feed upon the weak.

The air had an aroma of wine it, I breathed it silently, not a single snake, got my side, they hissed and moved away, perhaps of the teeth’s.

There is sound of fire cracking by, I moved toward the area, There are five people sitting by roasting the snakes, They are laughing and going merry- merry, When I got near them they noticed me, I don’t know should I be happy to their stupidity or should I be sad to their ignorance.

A lean man in the middle

“ who are you”

‘ Nice, they didn’t attack me, otherwise-‘

“ I got away from my partner”

“ What do you want”

“ direction to the soul wolf mercenary branch”

“ go straight, then right and then left”

“ Thank you”

Slowly and steadily I walked away from them

“ Wait”

“ What happened to you”

I smiled and walked away.

There question made me realise I cannot revert back to my original life, they will kill me, I have to move out of the town before they reach me.

Soul Wolf Mercenary Branch-

“ Your name is sword Blade” said the Fat lady

“ What happened in the mission”

“ I got lucky”

“ Lucky?”

“ ok, Mr Blade you are further required to go to go to the main branch for further confirmation”

“ OK”

I like it, no investigation no more details only do your work and be yourself.

Corapital- Capital of Ring Empire.

In a dim lit room-

“ A mice has escaped, a lucky one”

“ Boss should we clean him up”

“ No, we are closely monitored”

“ But”

“ We cannot do it, doesn’t mean others cannot”

“ Boss, you mean-“

In a Apartment ( Blue Stone city)

“ What a disaster, first I got a bloody badge and then I got into a dirty game”

“ And when I tried to  reach my family, the yare not there”

“ I guess I have no choice, I have to go to the Red Stone City”

I tried to find a healer, but they are more hungry than a wolf. MY arms are in beat position, My shoulders still hurt, So what I will have to start plan B.

I always maintained in the main road, I know there would be attack, where and when is the only puzzle left to be solved.

I travelled for 17 days straight, I only rested when the horse needed to rest, I know I cannot go straight through the check point, I needed to pay the rest of my credits to the Macro Brothers to find back road to red stone city.

It is an international den all that needed is to mind my business and I can safely reach red cloud city. The only problem is I cannot guarantee I can keep my life safe.

There is a mix of hubbub, all types of noises, girls scream and the men’s laugh are the most voice I can hear, I walked through the multiple cave in a steady manner. My polished shoes stood out from the rest of the crowd, I could see people from other races. The only particularity I could determine is none of hem have a sheathed weapon. It seems there is a boss I don’t know. I hasted my steps as they refocused on their own work.

The last two day travel must be done by foot. There are many instances when I think I should have brought Macro brothers with me yet I let the thought die in my brain as it could be very dangerous.

The pathway is very clear, There is no grasses covering by, I am just hopeful that there would be a backdoor, I wanted it and I got it. Hope there wont be any problem for Macro Brothers.

He noticed there is a problem with me but I didn’t say it, it is norm in mercenary to get into trouble. I wanted to buy some weapons, but all my credits were given to macro brothers when he needed to buy me a safe backdoor.

The pathway is little bit chilly, I haven’t walked out of the site and I am already surrounded by group of thugs.

“ A level 0 Rookie”

“ There is no job, dares to venture our den, a new born calf  "

“ Now that we found you, think what would happen”

“ come with us and let us have some fun, you are our speciality tonight”

I readied my stance and sheathed my sword.

“ Showing martial arts, at least cross your legs properly”

I didn’t heed any of the voices as I took the initiative.

‘groan’

“ you should have not gone for the shortest one, see how you are bending on your knees in one shot”

I realised fighting monsters are easier than humans, I tried to get back only to realise, there are bodies nearby, I am the only one left. I wondered what happened.

“ You don’t need to look anywhere corpse”

I turned over to find a man sitting beside me, A fully covered man.

“ You must be wondering why I didn’t kill you, you don’t need to think too much, I am curious of your survival”

“ I got lucky”

“ So you will only speak in round away manner”

“ I have methods that could make you speak”

I couldn’t even blink before he got ,y left pinkie.

“ What is this”

“ A pair of dark bones, sharper than anything I have ever seen”

“ Now, this is mine”

“ Shall we start”

‘ click,click,click,clack’

Before I could utter a sound his hands struck my jaws, he repeated it and I waited for a chance.

“ you got calm eyes there, you must have a secret right. You are not ordinary”

“ Tell me how did you survive”

I raised my other hand

“ oh, you are going to tell me”

“” oh, what are you saying”

I said “ come closer”

Facing his face against my ears he said “ tell me”

I said “ you shouldn’t be careless”

‘Spittle’

He used his hands to wipe his face and his legs stared towards my chest.

I shot him.

His reaction is very fast but the bullet struck his shoulder. Then something happened I could never imagine.

The bullet embedded into him burst open silently, it blasted half of his head along with his chest.

Life Energy : 1 unit.

I watched shockingly how silently a bullet killed a man who could take five by himself.

I reacted slowly as his body fell. My eyes printing his late twisted smile.

I couldn’t even react when my revolver started heating and vanish before my eyes. A white revolver tattoo on my left side of my right thumb can only be the indication that I had a revolver, it still has a heat in it.

My chest started beating more, I could feel coolness in my chest though only for a short moment. I know something has happened and I couldn’t think of necessary solution right now.

My attention came back to the surrounding, My stomach churned it took me a while to hold it back, I didn’t want to leave behind any evidence behind, I rummaged through the five bodies only to find some knives and dagger, at last with courage I walked towards the mutilated corpse. I took away his gloves, S- shaped dagger and a short sword hanging around his waist. At last I left them all as it is.

On the run, I once again focused om my mind to heal my hand and jaw injuries costing me 4 units. I hunted some animals on my way but I couldn’t get a single life energy. I wanted to ask her, but I chose not to, Everything could be found from experimenting, and I have time to experiment.

My heart throbbed every once in awhile, I didn’t mind it, I got already enough surprise, It is better that I slowly unravel it as it comes one by one.

Its been two days since my first assassination Encounter. I have to slow down again and again as thee snow blocked my way. The moon have hung on the starry sky. I fond there is not a single being nearby. I had to constantly make sure I have the distance with wild animals.

I tried many methods to bring back my revolver, I know it is in me, all that I want to know is how to summon it. I want at least have a good look at it.

The more I walked the more snow started flowing, I wonder whether another disaster is ready to strike me.

The air is getting heavier and heavier there are instances where I thought I should wait some time, but I know time waits for none.

On a middle of a night a girl in white slowly and slowly walked towards me. She is moon in the sky. I Couldn’t see her appearance clearly. All I could notice is the silver tint in her golden hair. I couldn’t find a hole in her dress, I wanted to peek at her again but her elegance made me avert my eyes.

My thumb started heating and I know trouble seems coming to me.

“ When I thought it would reach me a decade you showed up yourself”

I stared at her for her next action.

“ An ordinary human interesting”

“ Well, Well, Well I decided”

Before I could react, she shrank in size and went into my pocket.

I stayed there for a while. I do not know what had happened, I thought of many circumstances, but this  decision made my lips cramped for a second and a ‘sigh’ escaped from my mouth. I wanted to struggle yet my instincts are telling me not to.

Nevertheless I wanted to talk to the girl in my mind.

“ You don’t need to ask, you just have to follow your heart”

I know I already got the answer, if she wanted I am already dead, she must have a use of me or perhaps she is into  something.

I wanted to ask her many things, yet as I watch how she is sleeping, I refrained from asking her.

1